View Poll Results: Do you want your country's flag to be shown next to you?
Yes 34 62.96%
No 20 37.04%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-02-15, 08:35 PM   #21
Vanish

Vanish Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

lol make a pole and dont vote in it your self, ._.

Eternity
Sin_Bunny
tro-tro-tro-arch-tro-nin-nin-nin-monk-war-fire
130-132-134

Currently ranked 5th on the top KO board for my server.
http://co.rank.91.com/enzf/ko.aspx

I deliberately spell words wrong. Call me out on it.
Vanish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-16, 05:30 AM   #22
Twoflower

Twoflower Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark~Colossus View Post
I removed everyone's votes due to the bias of the poll... Which would you like to vote for?
Well it shows I voted to have flags shown against everyone but I thought I voted (and wish to vote) the other way.

People who want to flaunt their nationality can use a suffix on their name, such as _PL, _BR, NL, _GB or USA. No need for a flag which would add to the lagging problem (imo).

I prefer to get to know someone for who they are and the way they behave rather than where they live, anyway

From Dark: I added your vote to the poll.

Last edited by Inheritence; 2012-02-17 at 09:49 AM..
Twoflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-16, 05:51 AM   #23
Vanish

Quote:
Originally Posted by judyTwo View Post
Well it shows I voted to have flags shown against everyone but I thought I voted (and wish to vote) the other way.

People who want to flaunt their nationality can use a suffix on their name, such as _PL, _BR, NL, _GB or USA. No need for a flag which would add to the lagging problem (imo).

I prefer to get to know someone for who they are and the way they behave rather than where they live, anyway.
Why should i have to put some crappy letters into my name just to tell people where i'm from? Instead of being so negative of any and every proposed change, why not make suggestions to make it more tolerable for you self?

My suggestion.

Make it possible to hide flags much the same as the hide garment settings.

Eternity
Sin_Bunny
130-132-134

Old 2012-02-16, 06:11 AM   #24
Twoflower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
Why should i have to put some crappy letters into my name just to tell people where i'm from? Instead of being so negative of any and every proposed change, why not make suggestions to make it more tolerable for you self?

My suggestion.

Make it possible to hide flags much the same as the hide garment settings.
I'm not negative to every proposed change, lol. There are quite a lot I've supported, particularly on the main forum. But analysis was part of my job for many years so maybe I'm more prone to look at the potential effects of changes than many other players.

As for suggesting I shouldn't be negative about *any* proposed change: you don't even do that yourself.

There's a really easy way to tell people where you're from: you tell them. It doesn't cause lag for everyone else who's not in low-def mode.
Old 2012-02-16, 06:30 AM   #25
Vanish

Sorry, your right about that, guess it just seems that way lately is all, i dunno i just think when it comes to certain suggestions your being negative about them for the wrong reasons, adding flags to names wont increase lag, lag is already bad, should botting be fixed/solved for an extended period of time, you will notice that flags wont have a negative effect on the lag. Will this cause more racism? Maybe, but Egyptians(the race i see bearing the most of it) 1. most likely wont understand what is being said to them 2. They actually have their own version of conquer online, so no reason for them to come to ours other than the fact they want bots that don't get made for Egyptian conquer online

Eternity
Sin_Bunny
130-132-134

Old 2012-02-16, 07:24 AM   #26
Twoflower

Quote:
Sorry, your right about that, guess it just seems that way lately is all, i dunno i just think when it comes to certain suggestions your being negative about them for the wrong reasons, adding flags to names wont increase lag, lag is already bad, should botting be fixed/solved for an extended period of time, you will notice that flags wont have a negative effect on the lag. Will this cause more racism? Maybe, but Egyptians(the race i see bearing the most of it) 1. most likely wont understand what is being said to them 2. They actually have their own version of conquer online, so no reason for them to come to ours other than the fact they want bots that don't get made for Egyptian conquer online
Some reasons why some people from Arab countries might be in our version of this game:

1) This version was running before the arabic version (so far as I recall), so there might not have been an arabic version when they started playing.
2) They might have friends who were already playing in our version.
3) To improve their English.
4) To meet people from non-arab countries.

I'm not saying they're all in the game for those reasons but some of them are.

I've met some really nice - and some really nasty - people from a multitude of races in this game. That includes Egyptians and some of them speak excellent English (though most don't seem to). I wouldn't want to write someone off as not worth talking to purely because of their nationality and I'd like the same chance from others.

About the lag issue: as you said, the lag is already bad. I remember how noticeable the small extra lag was when nobility & heaven's blessing were each introduced, way before the bots were so bad. So I'd expect flags would have a similar effect - or worse if *everyone* had them showing - unless in low definition. Being able to turn them off might help if it's coded well but either way there would still be extra code being processed. All those little bits of extra code add up.

Do you see any sign of botting being fixed/solved/stopped for an extended period of time? Or think it's likely? I'd like to hope so but right now that seems unlikely to happen any time soon.

This is just my point of view. The vote doesn't have to be unanimous for the idea to be implemented. It's probably already being worked on.
Old 2012-02-16, 07:31 AM   #27
RedDragon123

RedDragon123 Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark~Colossus View Post
Poll edited due to bias.
Another btch who thinks this whole forum is his propriety. fuck ya noob.

i beat ur ass ingame!
Old 2012-02-16, 03:32 PM   #28
Vanish

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapus View Post
Another btch who thinks this whole forum is his propriety. fuck ya noob.

i beat ur ass ingame!
Take your childish attitude somewhere else, we don't want/need it here. He's doing his job as a moderator. Think you can do a better job? Start your own forum then, see how well it works for you.

Eternity
Sin_Bunny
130-132-134

Old 2012-02-17, 04:29 AM   #29
RedDragon123

RedDragon123 Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

Quote:
Take your childish attitude somewhere else, we don't want/need it here. He's doing his job as a moderator. Think you can do a better job? Start your own forum then, see how well it works for you.
Hes not doing any freacking job here .he is just a vip player like you or me or anybody else. Ony he go the right to moderate here. and he makes one awfull lousy job btw.And he play on my server (Dark). lol.And i have better things to do ,i won't make stupid voluntary work for TQ. Thats fosho.

Last edited by kapus; 2012-02-17 at 05:08 AM..
RedDragon123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-17, 09:21 AM   #30
Dark~Colossus
Super Moderator

Dark~Colossus Knight -- on a good road but it's earlyDark~Colossus Knight -- on a good road but it's early

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDragon123 View Post
Hes not doing any freacking job here .he is just a vip player like you or me or anybody else. Ony he go the right to moderate here. and he makes one awfull lousy job btw.And he play on my server (Dark). lol.And i have better things to do ,i won't make stupid voluntary work for TQ. Thats fosho.
Correction, I played on your server. I've stopped playing for a long while. Who are you again? seeing as you have such a big mouth.

And actually I think you'll find most people like the job I do here, as I try to remain as neutral as possible.

And in regards to "stupid voluntary work for TQ". I don't do it for TQ. I do it for Mephisto - he's a real life friend I met in China and I know how busy his work is so I offered to help. Any other comments to make or you wanna hurry up and stfu?

Zale 110-127-130
Water-Trojan-Archer

Mausoleum 130 - 130
Monk - Monk

Dark Server
Vanquish

I'm the mod ya'll!

Dark~Colossus is offline   Reply With Quote