View Poll Results: Allow Player Moderators?
Yes 31 81.58%
No 4 10.53%
Unsure 3 7.89%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-01-19, 04:22 AM   #11
Dark~Colossus
Super Moderator

Dark~Colossus Knight -- on a good road but it's earlyDark~Colossus Knight -- on a good road but it's early

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoflower View Post
Do you mean I have to post all that again in a different thread?
Ctrl +c. Ctrl + v =p

Zale 110-127-130
Water-Trojan-Archer

Mausoleum 130 - 130
Monk - Monk

Dark Server
Vanquish

I'm the mod ya'll!

Dark~Colossus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-19, 10:35 AM   #12
Tommit
Veteran Member

Tommit Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

Quote:
A good idea in general but I have some thoughts...

My main concern is that some players would happily become a PM just for a week or 2 in order to make sure their side won a Guild War or 2, or to ensure that they won certain competitions. Could we make the punishment for abusing the position fit the degree of abuse, please? Just removing the PM status isn't enough if they abused it to profit either themselves or their friends: they need to lose the profit too.

Would the player be modding a server they actively play on? If so, they would be better informed about players likely to be botting but they could also be very biased and reluctant to botjail friends. So it might be better to have them mod servers they don't play on, maybe in rotation to minimise risk of bias.

The PM character would need to be a high enough level and kitted out well enough to enter and survive in all areas (including the second rb quest). But so many people who play share their accounts and there are unscrupulous people who'd love to get their hands on a PM account, so I'd like to suggest:

1) it should be a specially-created character, supplied and equipped by TQ;
2) it should be used purely for modding purposes (not to PK, for example);
3) it must never be loaned to anyone else;
4) someone must be notified in advance if it's going to be played from any IP address other than the usual one, and
5) if it's logged in from a different IP address without prior warning the account gets suspended and investigated.

There are certain circumstances when players can reasonably be expected to delay replying. In the middle of a match during a PK tournament, for example, or if plevelling with a team on follow. If in a PK tournament, a reply at the end of the match should suffice (unless *immediately* followed by another match); if plevelling, the pleveller should be allowed plenty of time to get their team somewhere safe before replying

I think the PM should also make it clear that a reply is mandatory in order to avoid botjailing. And maybe have a special colour for the channel, one which is currently unused (people do ignore whispers sometimes when they're busy .)

Well they would have to stay in longer than the 2 weeks to claim a reward and abuse would be permanent loss of Pm status never to obtain again. If someone uses the pay prior to it being taken then it couldnt be taken so permanent loss is best option i feel.

Well a player mod is usually someones character that already exist and is willing to help through game. So it would just be random applicants per server.

Making a special character would just be a gm. It would have to be a character someone actually plays and well if pk's then they are pked lol. Just better to have one someone will play more than someone they will log on at times

The accused would have three chances to reply and yes the mod would have to state I believe I have seen you botting are you botting or not? three times. The message would appear with all chats off and there would be no excuse for someone to not answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark~Colossus View Post
Tom, this poll already exists lol...
lol, I searched player mod and came up with nothing then later saw the player gm...but hey mine is a little different
Guild Leader of Ki11az

REAL GAMERS don't need BOTS

Last edited by Tommit83; 2012-01-19 at 11:46 AM..
Tommit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-19, 11:06 AM   #13
Dark~Colossus
Super Moderator

Dark~Colossus Knight -- on a good road but it's earlyDark~Colossus Knight -- on a good road but it's early

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommit View Post
lol, I searched player mod and came up with nothing then later saw the player gm...but hey mine is a little different
Well I'd prefer to combine the two =p

Zale 110-127-130
Water-Trojan-Archer

Mausoleum 130 - 130
Monk - Monk

Dark Server
Vanquish

I'm the mod ya'll!

Dark~Colossus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-20, 04:10 AM   #14
Twoflower

Twoflower Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

Quote:

Well they would have to stay in longer than the 2 weeks to claim a reward and abuse would be permanent loss of Pm status never to obtain again. If someone uses the pay prior to it being taken then it couldnt be taken so permanent loss is best option i feel.

Well a player mod is usually someones character that already exist and is willing to help through game. So it would just be random applicants per server.

Making a special character would just be a gm. It would have to be a character someone actually plays and well if pk's then they are pked lol. Just better to have one someone will play more than someone they will log on at times

The accused would have three chances to reply and yes the mod would have to state I believe I have seen you botting are you botting or not? three times. The message would appear with all chats off and there would be no excuse for someone to not answer.

This point had nothing to do with rewards TQ would give to a PM for doing their job. It was to do with a PM being able to abuse their position in order to make far greater, unbound, profit for themselves and their friends in-game.

Example 1: a PM could ensure that they, or a friend, wins the L130+ team PK by temp botjailing all their serious rivals just before the match. That's at least 5 unbound dbs and various other goodies; more if they do it for more than 1 level of the tourney. According to what you say, they could temp botjail everyone else who takes part, keep all the rewards and only lose their PM status.

Example 2: a PM could ensure that their guild wins guild war by temp botjailing the strongest players in other guilds taking part (a little while before the end of guild war). Lots of unbound in-game profit.

So the PMs would almost inevitably be biased, unless they have made no in-game friends.

Again, the PMs would almost inevitably be biased.

Are you saying that a mod could whisper 3 times fast during a competition and force a player to lose that competition by answering immediately - on the threat of being botjailed if they didn't?

I don't know about you, but I can't type whispers during events such as team PK because I'm too busy fighting and I don't have a bot doing the fighting for me. The same applies when I'm plevelling, because I need to keep the team alive.

Please don't get the wrong idea. I'm not saying that all the PMs would be corrupt and I'm not saying we don't need them. What I'm saying is that there are a lot of plausible, unscrupulous people in the game who would love to become a PM - even for a very brief time - in order to abuse that position, especially if the only consequence would be to lose that position.
Old 2012-01-20, 04:17 AM   #15
~Matt~
Veteran Member

~Matt~ Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

Quote:
This point had nothing to do with rewards TQ would give to a PM for doing their job. It was to do with a PM being able to abuse their position in order to make far greater, unbound, profit for themselves and their friends in-game.

Example 1: a PM could ensure that they, or a friend, wins the L130+ team PK by temp botjailing all their serious rivals just before the match. That's at least 5 unbound dbs and various other goodies; more if they do it for more than 1 level of the tourney. According to what you say, they could temp botjail everyone else who takes part, keep all the rewards and only lose their PM status.

Example 2: a PM could ensure that their guild wins guild war by temp botjailing the strongest players in other guilds taking part (a little while before the end of guild war). Lots of unbound in-game profit.

So the PMs would almost inevitably be biased, unless they have made no in-game friends.

Are you saying that a mod could whisper 3 times fast during a competition and force a player to lose that competition by answering immediately - on the threat of being botjailed if they didn't?

I don't know about you, but I can't type whispers during events such as team PK because I'm too busy fighting and I don't have a bot doing the fighting for me. The same applies when I'm plevelling, because I need to keep the team alive.

Please don't get the wrong idea. I'm not saying that all the PMs would be corrupt and I'm not saying we don't need them. What I'm saying is that there are a lot of plausible, unscrupulous people in the game who would love to become a PM - even for a very brief time - in order to abuse that position, especially if the only consequence would be to lose that position.
Well my thoughts on PM's and has always been this thought.. The PMs would be assigned a server they have no connections with. Although after server transfer does come out, this will be increasingly hard.
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

How to change your nickname

My Suggestions:
Conquer 3.0
No switching teams in Team PK
Guild Honorary Positions Tweak
~Matt~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-20, 04:19 AM   #16
Tommit
Veteran Member

Quote:

Just have to hope the right people apply and mod correctly. I myself would just hunt down the bots in the main botting areas, that would be my biggest concern. I'm 28 years old and have been actively gaming for many years and though I know there are some corrupt ignorant people out there I always hope the ones that would try out for this would do it in hopes of making the game better for everyone. A position like this could allow players to reduce lag by eliminating the bots that are always there when your around and noone else is there to stop it. I've seen them in many games and have been a PMod myself and it is usually one of the best solutions to the botting epidemic. Who better to catch these bots then the players themselves...right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Matt~ View Post
Well my thoughts on PM's and has always been this thought.. The PMs would be assigned a server they have no connections with. Although after server transfer does come out, this will be increasingly hard.
I understand where you are coming from, but at the same time players who know where the bots are in their server would be best to find those bots. For example I have only played in Element Dark and know the bots are most active right now in Ratlings & Giant Apes. There are others but those two spots have the most. So if given the position on my character I would go right there and begin to message those bots and get them out of the game. Also reducing lag in the serverwe actually play in is a big plus and that would give more incentative to eliminating the bots within our server. Also a PM would be online more if it was his/her own character. I would rather play my own character and find bots then to have to play a new character and do same. By having an existing character promoted it does not require someone to give up time in which they could be playing their own character.
Guild Leader of Ki11az

Last edited by Tommit83; 2012-01-20 at 11:56 AM..
Old 2012-01-20, 04:44 AM   #17
Twoflower

Twoflower Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

Quote:
Just have to hope the right people apply and mod correctly. I myself would just hunt down the bots in the main botting areas, that would be my biggest concern. I'm 28 years old and have been actively gaming for many years and though I know there are some corrupt ignorant people out there I always hope the ones that would try out for this would do it in hopes of making the game better for everyone. A position like this could allow players to reduce lag by eliminating the bots that are always there when your around and noone else is there to stop it. I've seen them in many games and have been a PMod myself and it is usually one of the best solutions to the botting epidemic. Who better to catch these bots then the players themselves...right.

I understand where you are coming from, but at the same time players who know where the bots are in their server would be best to find those bots. For example I have only played in Element Dark and know the bots are most active right now in Ratlings & Giant Apes. There are others but those two spots have the most. So if given the position on my character I would go right there and begin to message those bots and get them out of the game. Also reducing lag in the serverwe actually play in is a big plus and that would give more incentative to eliminating the bots within our server.
Hoping that the right people apply and mod correctly requires a lot of optimism. I'm too old and cynical to believe that only the right people would apply.

Would it really be so bad to have some steps included to reduce the chances of bias, corruption and/or profiteering? Most players would find it very difficult to botjail a friend. It shouldn't be too difficult to find the bots - I'm sure players on any server you were assigned to would be happy to point you to some good bot-hunting places.
Old 2012-01-20, 11:58 AM   #18
Tommit
Veteran Member

Quote:
Hoping that the right people apply and mod correctly requires a lot of optimism. I'm too old and cynical to believe that only the right people would apply.

Would it really be so bad to have some steps included to reduce the chances of bias, corruption and/or profiteering? Most players would find it very difficult to botjail a friend. It shouldn't be too difficult to find the bots - I'm sure players on any server you were assigned to would be happy to point you to some good bot-hunting places.
I feel it would be better than nothing though. What do you recommend to ensure players are not taking advantage of it?
Guild Leader of Ki11az

Old 2012-01-20, 03:40 PM   #19
Vanish

Vanish Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

Quote:
Originally Posted by judyTwo View Post

If you were my friend, and you botted? I'd jail you because your ruining my experience. Same as if you were my friend and real life, and you killed someone, id call the cops on your ass.

Eternity
Sin_Bunny
tro-tro-tro-arch-tro-nin-nin-nin-monk-war-fire
130-132-134

Currently ranked 5th on the top KO board for my server.
http://co.rank.91.com/enzf/ko.aspx

I deliberately spell words wrong. Call me out on it.
Vanish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-20, 05:47 PM   #20
0.o

0.o Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

Can we please have a list of which individual powers a PM could have? Perhaps a poll so we can select the specific powers we'd be happy for another player who is also a GM to have? I don't think its a matter of whether there should be players with elevated powers to intervene in some cases, but more about what we'd want them to be able to do, and what we would NOT want them to be able to do...