View Poll Results: Allow Player Moderators?
Yes 31 81.58%
No 4 10.53%
Unsure 3 7.89%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-01-17, 02:29 AM   #1
Tommit
Veteran Member

Tommit Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise
灯泡 Player Mods...Yes or No?

Very simple: should there be Player Moderators in Conquer?

I feel this game needs Player Moderators badly. I am trying to do my quest for my new pirate and am running into the same bots over and over and it is almost impossible to do these quest. Especially at Ratlings and GiantApes (Dark Server). This could be solved very simply if players who would enter into contract that they would judge fairly and remain unbiased would be allowed positions as Player Moderators.

Needed for a Player Moderator:
-An abbreviation such as [PM] after their name showing they are in fact a Player Mod.
-A special moderator talk channel so bots can’t say Im not bot I had chats off when they asked me. This channel will appear to a player even if all chats are off so this excuse can not be used.
-Ability to click a player and put in a temporary bot jail in which it can not be removed from until staff have looked into claim.
A set of guidelines that must be followed in order to remain a Player Mod.

Rules of a Player Mod:
-Abuse of Player Mod status will result in permanent loss in P-mod status.
-Cant just claim someone you don't like or are having problems with are a bot.
-Must ask 3 times while character is moving whether they are actually playing or a bot prior to clicking them to temp bot jail.
-Can not use player mod status to try to threaten other players.

Rewards of being a Player Mod:
-The satisfaction of knowing a few more bots are out of game and game play will be that much better
-Monthly pay out in form of something bound in which the player mod will enjoy for the work they put in as long as they are indeed doing their job.

After some thought and a lot of annoyance I have decided though this has been brought up prior in an end bot idea thread it needed a poll of it's own.

Please vote yes or no and provide feedback or suggestions as seen fit
Guild Leader of Ki11az

REAL GAMERS don't need BOTS
Tommit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 01:36 PM   #2
User330565203

User330565203 Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

It's needed. They wont put active GMs on and if you do tell them about the bots nothing is done. I have told the help desk about an area that was heavy with bot there reply "were gonna check and do something" no one comes and then they reply 2 mins later done and the botter is still going.
User330565203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-18, 03:55 AM   #3
Tommit
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by User330565203 View Post
It's needed. They wont put active GMs on and if you do tell them about the bots nothing is done. I have told the help desk about an area that was heavy with bot there reply "were gonna check and do something" no one comes and then they reply 2 mins later done and the botter is still going.
There is a service chat I have tried to send messages to at all hours of many different days of areas with lots of bots but it always tells me target player is offline. So PM's would be of great use in eliminating bots.
Guild Leader of Ki11az

Old 2012-01-18, 05:53 PM   #4
Blackknite

Blackknite Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

Definitely needs these added. I also just made a pirate and was having so many problems on the starter quest. The bots in these areas are insane. I agree fully a Player Moderator could definitely reduce botting. Only reason I see someone being against this is if they bot themselves. Of course a botter would not want this because their bots would get caught more. Shame on you botters!
Guild Leader Of UnderwldKnights

TRUE GAMERS don't BOT

^ When bots outnumber real players a game is not a game anymore.
Blackknite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-18, 06:21 PM   #5
Nugg$

Nugg$ Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

id do it free just to get rid of this lag

Quit playing until something is done about these bots!
Nugg$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-18, 06:44 PM   #6
Vanish

Vanish Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuggs View Post
id do it free just to get rid of this lag
^
This lol, id happily do it for free.

Eternity
Sin_Bunny
tro-tro-tro-arch-tro-nin-nin-nin-monk-war-fire
130-132-134

Currently ranked 5th on the top KO board for my server.
http://co.rank.91.com/enzf/ko.aspx

I deliberately spell words wrong. Call me out on it.
Vanish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-18, 06:58 PM   #7
Tommit
Veteran Member

But giving like a bound db or bound cps a month for the work put in would be a decent reward. I'd do it free too since every day I am out pking these bots just to let others do the quest.
Guild Leader of Ki11az

Old 2012-01-19, 03:49 AM   #8
Twoflower

Twoflower Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommit View Post
Very simple: should there be Player Moderators in Conquer?

I feel this game needs Player Moderators badly. I am trying to do my quest for my new pirate and am running into the same bots over and over and it is almost impossible to do these quest. Especially at Ratlings and GiantApes (Dark Server). This could be solved very simply if players who would enter into contract that they would judge fairly and remain unbiased would be allowed positions as Player Moderators.

Needed for a Player Moderator:
-An abbreviation such as [PM] after their name showing they are in fact a Player Mod.
-A special moderator talk channel so bots can’t say Im not bot I had chats off when they asked me. This channel will appear to a player even if all chats are off so this excuse can not be used.
-Ability to click a player and put in a temporary bot jail in which it can not be removed from until staff have looked into claim.
A set of guidelines that must be followed in order to remain a Player Mod.

Rules of a Player Mod:
-Abuse of Player Mod status will result in permanent loss in P-mod status.
-Cant just claim someone you don't like or are having problems with are a bot.
-Must ask 3 times while character is moving whether they are actually playing or a bot prior to clicking them to temp bot jail.
-Can not use player mod status to try to threaten other players.

Rewards of being a Player Mod:
-The satisfaction of knowing a few more bots are out of game and game play will be that much better
-Monthly pay out in form of something bound in which the player mod will enjoy for the work they put in as long as they are indeed doing their job.

After some thought and a lot of annoyance I have decided though this has been brought up prior in an end bot idea thread it needed a poll of it's own.

Please vote yes or no and provide feedback or suggestions as seen fit
A good idea in general but I have some thoughts...

My main concern is that some players would happily become a PM just for a week or 2 in order to make sure their side won a Guild War or 2, or to ensure that they won certain competitions. Could we make the punishment for abusing the position fit the degree of abuse, please? Just removing the PM status isn't enough if they abused it to profit either themselves or their friends: they need to lose the profit too.

Would the player be modding a server they actively play on? If so, they would be better informed about players likely to be botting but they could also be very biased and reluctant to botjail friends. So it might be better to have them mod servers they don't play on, maybe in rotation to minimise risk of bias.

The PM character would need to be a high enough level and kitted out well enough to enter and survive in all areas (including the second rb quest). But so many people who play share their accounts and there are unscrupulous people who'd love to get their hands on a PM account, so I'd like to suggest:

1) it should be a specially-created character, supplied and equipped by TQ;
2) it should be used purely for modding purposes (not to PK, for example);
3) it must never be loaned to anyone else;
4) someone must be notified in advance if it's going to be played from any IP address other than the usual one, and
5) if it's logged in from a different IP address without prior warning the account gets suspended and investigated.

There are certain circumstances when players can reasonably be expected to delay replying. In the middle of a match during a PK tournament, for example, or if plevelling with a team on follow. If in a PK tournament, a reply at the end of the match should suffice (unless *immediately* followed by another match); if plevelling, the pleveller should be allowed plenty of time to get their team somewhere safe before replying.

I think the PM should also make it clear that a reply is mandatory in order to avoid botjailing. And maybe have a special colour for the channel, one which is currently unused (people do ignore whispers sometimes when they're busy .)
Old 2012-01-19, 03:53 AM   #9
Dark~Colossus
Super Moderator

Dark~Colossus Knight -- on a good road but it's earlyDark~Colossus Knight -- on a good road but it's early

Tom, this poll already exists lol...

Zale 110-127-130
Water-Trojan-Archer

Mausoleum 130 - 130
Monk - Monk

Dark Server
Vanquish

I'm the mod ya'll!

Dark~Colossus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-19, 04:09 AM   #10
Twoflower

Twoflower Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark~Colossus View Post
Tom, this poll already exists lol...
Do you mean I have to post all that again in a different thread?