View Poll Results: Should this idea be added?
Yes 46 75.41%
No 7 11.48%
Maybe, with some changes (add them to the thread) 8 13.11%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-12-08, 07:32 PM   #21
Tommit
Veteran Member

Tommit Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

Player mods work out great in many other games...so bringing them here would be great. Just have to make sure they will be fair and mature.
Guild Leader of Ki11az

REAL GAMERS don't need BOTS
Tommit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-08, 08:54 PM   #22
Vanish

Vanish Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark~Colossus View Post
Well yes and no... At peak time in EU, most Americans are at school or work. And at Peak time in US, most EU are asleep (or probably not if they are addicted to here).

I still want to put across the arguement that it'd be good to moniter your own server, although yes it would probably tempt people to misbehave (that's the idea of the selection process - to weed them out), because if they were on an alt or even their main, and they spot a botter, they could actually do something about it... I think people would end up moving to the server they were 'patrolling' just simply so they could fix their own server. People try a lot harder when it's "their" server they're fixing...
Exactly, as you've said it right there, id rather help my own server, nothing against the other servers but, i feel it's better that i have a vested interest.

Eternity
Sin_Bunny
tro-tro-tro-arch-tro-nin-nin-nin-monk-war-fire
130-132-134

Currently ranked 5th on the top KO board for my server.
http://co.rank.91.com/enzf/ko.aspx

I deliberately spell words wrong. Call me out on it.
Vanish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-08, 10:54 PM   #23
~KhAoS~

~KhAoS~ Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

good idea that transcends the years but terrible way of setting it up
Super +12 2sdg -7 Earings p6
Super +12 2sdg -7 Necky p6
Super +12 2sdg -7 Katanas p6 2x
Super +12 2sdg -7 DexRing p6
Super +12 2sdg -7 Boots p6
Super +12 2sdg -7 Vest p6
Super +12 2stg -1 Fan
Super +12 2sgg -1 Tower
Super +12 Crop -1 2x -1 Wrenchs
+12 Frostbite Steed -1 cloudtiger
DivineRobe -1 MiraculousGourd -1
Super +12 2sdg -7 Scythe p6
Total BP: 385
My greatest accomplishment on CO is making people cry by simply logging in. 06/09/11
~KhAoS~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-08, 11:34 PM   #24

9013507 Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

I'd love to support this idea. But if it's a player GM, it'd be terrible if they took sides and banned the opposing side. A prebotjail is fine and all (in fact, i'd say a prebotjail is better than regular botjail. It'd be a neat implementation), but any kind of inconvenience that the PGM can do will have an effect (such as placing opposing players in prebotjail during tournies, guild war, capture the flag etc).

Instead, hire some people to do this job (I understand that we have helpdesk, but, well, yknow, not always helpful) to be on the server to look for botters, jumping to common botting sites (new ape city canyon) and mining caves. To avoid favoritism, have the employees switch between servers daily, but have a shared account, so players know to whisper the PGM if they observe botting. If it's implemented in this way, I would unequivocally support this.
9013507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-09, 12:47 AM   #25
Vanish

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9013507 View Post
I'd love to support this idea. But if it's a player GM, it'd be terrible if they took sides and banned the opposing side. A prebotjail is fine and all (in fact, i'd say a prebotjail is better than regular botjail. It'd be a neat implementation), but any kind of inconvenience that the PGM can do will have an effect (such as placing opposing players in prebotjail during tournies, guild war, capture the flag etc).

Instead, hire some people to do this job (I understand that we have helpdesk, but, well, yknow, not always helpful) to be on the server to look for botters, jumping to common botting sites (new ape city canyon) and mining caves. To avoid favoritism, have the employees switch between servers daily, but have a shared account, so players know to whisper the PGM if they observe botting. If it's implemented in this way, I would unequivocally support this.
One would think if such a power was abused in that way and no proof was given, said PGM would lose their position as a PGM.

Eternity
Sin_Bunny
130-132-134

Old 2011-12-09, 02:57 AM   #26

9013507 Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
One would think if such a power was abused in that way and no proof was given, said PGM would lose their position as a PGM.
The problem with that is that the inconvenience has already happened (and could happen again). Would you like to be put in botjail by some random stranger, even for a minute? Conquer is already a game of half-baked ideas. Giving power to people until someone honest gets it(if ever) could be the ultimate problem. Too many badly implemented features were put in, resulting in ruining the game further, and more bugs (which, sadly, ended up being features).

I'm all for having a group of people police a server constantly. It'd even be a great-antibotting measure. But letting random people with whom TQ has no affiliation run rampant with this power/privilege shouldn't be allowed or even possible at any point. Trial periods should not exist inside the actual game, especially when considering the online community of conquer (Genuinely honest players on your server that you absolutely know will not abuse this power divided by number of players. => it'll take a long time)

Don't get me wrong, I love this idea. I am all for a bot-free server. I just think this is something TQ should hire for, not blindly trust people with.
9013507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-09, 03:02 AM   #27
Vanish

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9013507 View Post
The problem with that is that the inconvenience has already happened (and could happen again). Would you like to be put in botjail by some random stranger, even for a minute? Conquer is already a game of half-baked ideas. Giving power to people until someone honest gets it(if ever) could be the ultimate problem. Too many badly implemented features were put in, resulting in ruining the game further, and more bugs (which, sadly, ended up being features).

I'm all for having a group of people police a server constantly. It'd even be a great-antibotting measure. But letting random people with whom TQ has no affiliation run rampant with this power/privilege shouldn't be allowed or even possible at any point. Trial periods should not exist inside the actual game, especially when considering the online community of conquer (Genuinely honest players on your server that you absolutely know will not abuse this power divided by number of players. => it'll take a long time)

Don't get me wrong, I love this idea. I am all for a bot-free server. I just think this is something TQ should hire for, not blindly trust people with.
Your right i wouldn't like it, but i feel the reduced server lag would be more then compensation enough, as Dark has said, they would have to go through a hiring process anyway.

Eternity
Sin_Bunny
130-132-134

Old 2011-12-09, 03:18 AM   #28
0.o

0.o Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise
Default different Title

I like they idea, but lets not call them GM as it can give players the wrong idea...

Perhaps call them 'Player Police' or something to like that, to make it clear they have reduced powers, and that indeed they are players.

Also it should be possible for other players to provide feedback on these Player Police as with all power there will be abuse (They need to be clearly labelled & perhaps numbered.)
Old 2011-12-09, 08:10 AM   #29
MonsterDo

MonsterDo Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark~Colossus View Post
That's where I got the idea =)
Yet I didn't get out free >.>. and I want to ask, did you tell the "higher ups" about this idea? is that why it's a poll now?
Old 2011-12-09, 08:55 AM   #30
Tommit
Veteran Member

Tommit Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0.o View Post
I like they idea, but lets not call them GM as it can give players the wrong idea...

Perhaps call them 'Player Police' or something to like that, to make it clear they have reduced powers, and that indeed they are players.

Also it should be possible for other players to provide feedback on these Player Police as with all power there will be abuse (They need to be clearly labelled & perhaps numbered.)
Most games refer to them as PM (Player Moderator).
Guild Leader of Ki11az

REAL GAMERS don't need BOTS
Tommit is offline   Reply With Quote