View Poll Results: Ip ban all botters
yes 54 73.97%
no 19 26.03%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-08-10, 12:10 PM   #21

8690281 Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

An IP Ban would not be effective for more than one hour (1 hour). That's how long it takes to call your ISP and have them change your IP Address. If you have a Static IP address, they can change it in less than 15 minutes.

If you think I'm exaggerating, call your ISP right now and ask them. All you have to say is you think you might have been hacked and there is no charge for it.
8690281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-10, 03:30 PM   #22
Tommit
Veteran Member

Tommit Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

Can't see this working out too well. Ihave played conquer in my college classroom, in an apartment building, in my buddies dorm, and at McDonalds lol. So if the IP is banned in full then everyone who shares internet as I do at those times would be blocked and not just the botter themselves. So I don't really think this will work.
Guild Leader of Ki11az

REAL GAMERS don't need BOTS
Tommit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-11, 12:10 AM   #23
Infamous

Infamous Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommit View Post
Can't see this working out too well. Ihave played conquer in my college classroom, in an apartment building, in my buddies dorm, and at McDonalds lol. So if the IP is banned in full then everyone who shares internet as I do at those times would be blocked and not just the botter themselves. So I don't really think this will work.
^
My point exactly, TQ needs to do something about botters but not IP bans. Then again i don't level anymore so most botters don't annoy me, just those that pvp bot and have 532527235263975 miners crowding in market.

Think i aimbot? Watch my mouse move!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60mb_0mHDu0

Light
Forever^ -Retired: 130-131-132 nin-war-fire
Lucky7
Inƒamøu§™ -Retired: 130-130-137 wat-nin-nin(troj wep)
Evolution
ßaller -Retired: 130-132-135 Wat-War-Troj (SS)
Xenøn -Retired:130-131-136 Monk-Monk-Monk
Patrøn~! -Active:130-130-139 Wat-War-Nin (TFB)

-Living Legend.
First and (currently) only FrostBite steed on evo <3
Infamous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-11, 12:50 AM   #24
Kenneth

Kenneth Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

lolz matt to ur comment about tq's subscribing peeps to bots... wouldn't surprise me ... ya know puts pressure on the honest peeps to buy more stuff... I'm iffy on ip bans im an rch souly because of my crappy internet (satalite) now if i were to live in town I would more than deffidently play a melee which im sure there are a few people that don't own internet and play solely through taco hell, micky D's local hotel chains ect ect ect...can't say it would be fair to them.... then at the same time if their spending enough real money for their char to matter they should have internet XD... as to people piggy backing your network thats easily solved... sure u have "real" hackers out there but would someone honestly bother cracking ur encryptions simply to steal a co character or gears... if so they probly need mental help n e ways....

ip bans could work but its just too easy to change it for it to be effective.... the best meathod .... have a tq rep knock on their front door to scan their compy... the one they play on and every other one in the house lolz... oh w8 if they could afford that wed have gms...

back to the suggestion... i just don't think it quite justifies ip bans though something deffidently needs to be done

Having gears is one thing. Having skills is another.
Having both and not abusing them is true power.
Kenneth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-11, 01:09 AM   #25
Tommit
Veteran Member

Tommit Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
lolz matt to ur comment about tq's subscribing peeps to bots... wouldn't surprise me ... ya know puts pressure on the honest peeps to buy more stuff... I'm iffy on ip bans im an rch souly because of my crappy internet (satalite) now if i were to live in town I would more than deffidently play a melee which im sure there are a few people that don't own internet and play solely through taco hell, micky D's local hotel chains ect ect ect...can't say it would be fair to them.... then at the same time if their spending enough real money for their char to matter they should have internet XD... as to people piggy backing your network thats easily solved... sure u have "real" hackers out there but would someone honestly bother cracking ur encryptions simply to steal a co character or gears... if so they probly need mental help n e ways....

ip bans could work but its just too easy to change it for it to be effective.... the best meathod .... have a tq rep knock on their front door to scan their compy... the one they play on and every other one in the house lolz... oh w8 if they could afford that wed have gms...

back to the suggestion... i just don't think it quite justifies ip bans though something deffidently needs to be done
Lol, that would be funny a knockat the door "Hi we would like to check your computer for bot programs...we are the TQ police" lmao. Yeah never work haha
Guild Leader of Ki11az

REAL GAMERS don't need BOTS
Tommit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-11, 03:42 AM   #26
~Matt~
Veteran Member

~Matt~ Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommit View Post
Lol, that would be funny a knockat the door "Hi we would like to check your computer for bot programs...we are the TQ police" lmao. Yeah never work haha
Haha, TQ police. Would these be corrupt as some un-named GM's? slipping a $100 under the table and saying "you didn't see anything aye?"
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

How to change your nickname

My Suggestions:
Conquer 3.0
No switching teams in Team PK
Guild Honorary Positions Tweak
~Matt~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-11, 04:05 PM   #27
Kenneth

Kenneth Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

you makeish fun of meeh lolz its aight ill laugh with you I forgot who we were talking about XD why is everything gotsa be about the money I was brought up on moral values and knowing what the right thing to do is =-( tis sad not everyone had that

Having gears is one thing. Having skills is another.
Having both and not abusing them is true power.
Kenneth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-12, 05:43 AM   #28
~Matt~
Veteran Member

~Matt~ Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
you makeish fun of meeh lolz its aight ill laugh with you I forgot who we were talking about XD why is everything gotsa be about the money I was brought up on moral values and knowing what the right thing to do is =-( tis sad not everyone had that
I know.. to see that all you got to do is turn the news on and look at what's happening in London.

You got 11-12 year old children appearing on tv, asked why they are looting, and they are saying "getting some of my taxes back, init!" These kids are too stupid to even know what taxes are, not to mention their parents probably do not pay taxes!

Sad to think some parents do not teach their children morals, respect and discipline!
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

How to change your nickname

My Suggestions:
Conquer 3.0
No switching teams in Team PK
Guild Honorary Positions Tweak
~Matt~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-12, 09:19 AM   #29
TheDarkSoul

TheDarkSoul Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

i voted to ban botters - just jailing their noobs is not enought they will make easy new

130 - 130 - 133 Trojan - Warior - Ninja
allready 9-times reincarnated lol ..

MethamphetaminE

130 - 130 - xxx Monk - Monk - Monk
lvls now not perm xD lets reinc xD ..

Elements(EU) - Dark || Czech republick || "BlessingArtisan" xD || UltraKiller xD || GameTester

Do you know what is worse then drugs and gambling ? TQ's Conquer Online - try for free, start spending some money to try get more fun but then be fcked up or pay hardcore for win ...
TheDarkSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-13, 08:13 PM   #30
Rookie

5957374 Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

TQ should TRACK ip and trade logs of all nobs cught botting and let them bot and catch there mains they trade the shit they farm to and BAN them
5957374 is offline   Reply With Quote