Old 2012-09-15, 04:32 PM   #1
Macha

Macha Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise
Default Download/Reinstall Not Working

This is how "wonderful" HelpDesk is exactly:

Considering the alleged patch that was supposed to fix the game client did not work for me, I was told to uninstall and reinstall the game client, which is a fairly obvious "next-step-in-the-process."

Well, I'm on Day 3 of not being able to play Conquer because the download to install doesn't work. This is what I've been receiving when clicking download:

So far, HelpDesk has only said, "I'm sorry" and "Check your firewall." The untimely responses are atrocious.

Wow, do they honestly believe people are that computer illiterate in this day and age to the point where they tell people to "check your firewall to make sure it's allowing Conquer access?" Wow ... just wow!

There is absolutely nothing on my computer right now that is Conquer related other than the picture I included above and the .exe file to download and install Conquer. Yes, I even went through my entire registry and deleted every Conquer-related key in there, removed Conquer-related items in my Firewall and Anti-Virus programs, rebooted, then unplugged both the modem and router in order to do a fresh start and rebooted again. Yet ... that lovely "Task Already Exists" message still pops up.

I want my money back.
Old 2012-09-16, 03:02 PM   #2

5500394 Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

Try going ctrl-alt-delete. Check your processes and see if the installer is already running? If it's not, run the installer and find the process in your task manager and right click it. Select "End process tree" Then try re-installing.
5500394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 04:53 PM   #3
91User195727

91User195727 Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

Macha you can quit co2.

co2 aint worthy to play cos TQ digital has the worst helpdesk in entire universe.

Those chinks dont know how to run the business.

They just suck your money and ban you for no reason.

So take my advice to quit co2 and play other games that has good support.
91User195727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 05:56 PM   #4
Khev
Veteran Member

Khev Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macha View Post
This is how "wonderful" HelpDesk is exactly:

Considering the alleged patch that was supposed to fix the game client did not work for me, I was told to uninstall and reinstall the game client, which is a fairly obvious "next-step-in-the-process."

Well, I'm on Day 3 of not being able to play Conquer because the download to install doesn't work. This is what I've been receiving when clicking download:

So far, HelpDesk has only said, "I'm sorry" and "Check your firewall." The untimely responses are atrocious.

Wow, do they honestly believe people are that computer illiterate in this day and age to the point where they tell people to "check your firewall to make sure it's allowing Conquer access?" Wow ... just wow!

There is absolutely nothing on my computer right now that is Conquer related other than the picture I included above and the .exe file to download and install Conquer. Yes, I even went through my entire registry and deleted every Conquer-related key in there, removed Conquer-related items in my Firewall and Anti-Virus programs, rebooted, then unplugged both the modem and router in order to do a fresh start and rebooted again. Yet ... that lovely "Task Already Exists" message still pops up.

I want my money back.
Try a different download link. If you have a torrenting software on your computer like uTorrent or something, I'd suggest the Download 3 on the downloads page. Download 1 and 2 are downloads into the browser, and the first one is the one that you have now.

Fixed: Phoenix, Celestial, Seizer , and Penetration.

Fixed Proficiencies: Club, Blade, Dagger, Scepter, Sword, Hook, Axe, Whip, Hammer.

A skill is only as good as the person using it.
The above statement in TQ games is False.
Khev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-24, 01:54 PM   #5
Macha

Macha Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

Oh, my bad ... I missed a key in the registry. Once I deleted that last remaining key, the download worked. But, that is hardly my point. I shouldn't have had to search my computer like a mad-woman for Conquer-related files and keys just to get the download to work properly.

5500394 - There was nothing out of the ordinary in the running processes.

91User195727 - I'm not about to quit Conquer; I've put too much money into this game already.

Khev - I did try all the download links, including the torrent one, which never even downloaded.

Took me nearly four days to fix the problem, but I did it without HelpDesk's help -- that's the problem. They should've been more helpful than the waste-of-time nonsense I got from them. They should stay on the line (in chat-mode or in ticket-mode) until the problem is resolved, like any GOOD customer service would, not give you a lame-ass suggestion, then leave the conversation and return 24 hours later (in ticket-mode).