Old 2013-02-28, 04:46 AM   #1
Mephisto
All Hell!

Mephisto King/Queen -- damn goodMephisto King/Queen -- damn goodMephisto King/Queen -- damn goodMephisto King/Queen -- damn goodMephisto King/Queen -- damn goodMephisto King/Queen -- damn goodMephisto King/Queen -- damn goodMephisto King/Queen -- damn good
Default Arcane Box Coming March 5th!

Great news for all Conquerors!

From March 5th to March 14th, Josiah (Twin City 434, 386) will be selling three types of the mysterious Arcane Box, all at incredibly low prices! You may have seen many sales promotions in CO, but with the fabulous Arcane Box, you can save more!

You can check out more details at http://co.91.com/news/2013-02-28/Arcane_Box.shtml

Don't miss out on it.

By the way, if you have any thoughts, spill them out here!
Old 2013-02-28, 11:10 PM   #2
MicDeath

MicDeath Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

I wouldn't exactly call those "deals" to be honest.
Take the largest one for example:
Perm stone: 395
+3 Stone x2: 108
These two items are the ONLY mall items that are close to mall prices in almost all servers.
Value of valuable items: 611 cp

Praying stone are pretty much worthless in servers. Ms on my server go for 50cp to 75cp, and that is IF they even sell. I am still sitting on 10 or so unsold for those prices.
Anyway, mall price is 272

20mill silver bag. Ok, so server prices, this is worth generally about 215 CP or ~93k silver per CP, and mall price for 5mill silver is 110 cp or ~45k silver per CP.
This would be a great price IF the person was paying silver for CP, not the other way around.. Anyway, TQ valued this as 110x4=440 CP
Total of useless items: 712

Total CP cost for all: 1323, of that 611 is actually of any use.
The cost required to make the baseline of 611 is too high. (By getting the super discounts)

In short, there is zero savings in this at all.
MicDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 10:09 PM   #3
Tommit
Veteran Member

Tommit Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicDeath View Post
These two items are the ONLY mall items that are close to mall prices in almost all servers.

Praying stone are pretty much worthless in servers. Ms on my server go for 50cp to 75cp, and that is IF they even sell. I am still sitting on 10 or so unsold for those prices.

20mill silver bag. Ok, so server prices, this is worth generally about 215 CP or ~93k silver per CP, and mall price for 5mill silver is 110 cp or ~45k silver per CP.
This would be a great price IF the person was paying silver for CP, not the other way around.. Anyway, TQ valued this as 110x4=440 CP

The cost required to make the baseline of 611 is too high. (By getting the super discounts)

Agreed, the shopping mall prices need to be adjusted to better fit our servers prices. I know not all servers are the same, but the shopping mall and resale price are way different.
Guild Leader of Ki11az

REAL GAMERS don't need BOTS
Tommit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-03, 02:16 PM   #4
Rookie

4365556 Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

Literaly , I could not buy a 2nd rb stone.. I had to buy one from the mall... Its so expesnive when the server prices cant Exceed that. I would like to see them more realistic Force people to drive down prices. Most people in my server are selling for 10 cp less then Shopping Mall
4365556 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-04, 01:09 AM   #5
Mephisto
All Hell!

Mephisto King/Queen -- damn goodMephisto King/Queen -- damn goodMephisto King/Queen -- damn goodMephisto King/Queen -- damn goodMephisto King/Queen -- damn goodMephisto King/Queen -- damn goodMephisto King/Queen -- damn goodMephisto King/Queen -- damn good

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicDeath View Post

In reality, have you ever seen a brand-new item sold in store cheaper than a second-hand one?

I doubt there would be any, and even if there is, it would be very rare.

I would like to throw out an example like this, the marketplace for the game is like a huge second hand market, cause all those items are earned or bought from us, the official provider/shops.

And the second hand items sell at a different price and usually cheaper than the official one. Understood.

But if you're asking the official shop to take the price down to the level same as the second hand prices, that'll cripple the whole system. The sellers will sell cheaper again, and the buyers will ask for the much cheaper stuff from us again. That's just a loop, don't you see that?

Economy is a complicated thing, people's desire to get thing for the least price is always there.

I can foresee what kind of reax we'll get from the players if we really set the price the same as the market offers. Imagine that it's getting cheaper, and the supply outnumbers the demands, and the prices go way down.
Old 2013-03-04, 10:11 AM   #6
Omi

Omi Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

No complaints on most items only the heavens blessing. All these daily quests and treasure in the blue give plentiful amounts of heavens blessing. I haven't bought a single prayer stone and only claimed events, my expiration date is something in May.
Prices should indeed be adjusted when additions such as quests are added. For example, TQ reduced gem prices after farmers were able to heavily output gems with dragon souls. The same should be done with blessing.
Omi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-04, 02:25 PM   #7
Earl(crash4415)

Earl(crash4415) Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

you got to be kidding 2nd hand items ? give me a break what is the diff in this game between a new one and a second hand item lol it's not like that break down faster or are thay wore out lol and bots can sell anything no matter if it's used omg get real
lv. 140
DL of DâCh0§£n0n£§

BOTTERS are a bad bad thing
Earl(crash4415) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-04, 02:45 PM   #8
Tommit
Veteran Member

Tommit Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise
难过

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephisto View Post
Great news for all Conquerors!

From March 5th to March 14th, Josiah (Twin City 434, 386) will be selling three types of the mysterious Arcane Box, all at incredibly low prices! You may have seen many sales promotions in CO, but with the fabulous Arcane Box, you can save more!

You can check out more details at http://co.91.com/news/2013-02-28/Arcane_Box.shtml

Don't miss out on it.

By the way, if you have any thoughts, spill them out here!
Looking into this more I guess, it could be good savings with the percentage off, I did not notice these at first, so if we can get that most definitely worth it especially at 75% off,

If the items were truly being bought from the market and resold then that would be understandable because the players are spending hard earned money to buy the items and they wouldn't be over populating the market with particular items. However the real problem here is that the bots are out collecting the stuff day in and day out and as we look through booths we are finding +5 normal items that are collected from bots collecting +1 items and throwing them together until they are way higher or saddle steeds being composed the same way. Prices are just way off I just feel prices need to be adjusted a little so buying from these sellers that may be bots is not such a better option then buying from TQ themselves.

Current prices in Dark server:
+3 stone - 55-65
+1 stone - 5 cps
+1 steed - 5 cps
+3 steed - 45-55 cps
+6 steed - 1350-1500
M praying stone - less than 10 cps
Meteor - 1 cp
Meteor scroll - 5 cps

Current prices in Shopping mall:
+3 stone - 108
+1 stone 9 cps
+1 steed 12 cps
+3 steed 144 cps
+6 steed 3888
M praying stone - 272 cps
Meteor - 13 cps

As far as second hand or not, the items still the same, it's just bots are coming up better then us and though we do not want to buy from those that we think are bots, buying from shopping mall is just not worth it entirely.
Guild Leader of Ki11az

REAL GAMERS don't need BOTS

Last edited by Tommit83; 2013-03-05 at 12:28 AM..
Tommit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-04, 08:05 PM   #9
MicDeath

MicDeath Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephisto View Post
In reality, have you ever seen a brand-new item sold in store cheaper than a second-hand one?

I doubt there would be any, and even if there is, it would be very rare.

I would like to throw out an example like this, the marketplace for the game is like a huge second hand market, cause all those items are earned or bought from us, the official provider/shops.

And the second hand items sell at a different price and usually cheaper than the official one. Understood.

But if you're asking the official shop to take the price down to the level same as the second hand prices, that'll cripple the whole system. The sellers will sell cheaper again, and the buyers will ask for the much cheaper stuff from us again. That's just a loop, don't you see that?

Economy is a complicated thing, people's desire to get thing for the least price is always there.

I can foresee what kind of reax we'll get from the players if we really set the price the same as the market offers. Imagine that it's getting cheaper, and the supply outnumbers the demands, and the prices go way down.
The way it is set up now, really hampers TQ's profitability on these rushes.
The mall has 3 different types of items, Critical, Vanity, and Dropables.

•Dropables are items that can be acquired from monster drops, and such these items are always much lower in price than the mall.

•Vanity items are just items that have no real affect in the game. Weapon accessories and garments for example.

•Critical items are items that can ONLY be obtained by the mall.

Dropables. In my view, dropables should not be in the mall. Not only does it clutter it up, but is very pointless if players and bots acquire them at a rate that the dropable items in the mall are simply ignored.
Just remove them.

Vanity items. Vanity dropables(VD) and Vanity Criticals(VC),
•VD If they can be found by any means: Quests, Monster Drops, Yearly Events, etc. They should not be in the mall.
•VC Pretty much stay as they are.

Critical item. Criticals pretty much stay the same. The player market isn't too far off from the prices, and the only reason they are is due to lotto. Which is accessed from a critical item.
I would suggest removing normal CP gains by any means in-game events, and turn all those CP events into Bound CP events, while opening up mall items to be bought with bound items that comes along a hard limit.
Like bound items cannot get higher than phase 2 in dragon souls permed.
But that is a suggestion for another time.

Simply open up the items that can be bought with Bound CP to make the Bound CP event worth while, and removing normal CP from events will make it so that money has to be spent in order to upgrade normal items.

By focusing on the critical items rather than dropables, shopping rush events, saving events, etc will actually have some meaning. And since critical items can only be bought from mall, anybody underselling will have either got them via lotto, from the mall, or prize event, all of which require money to be spent to acquire them.
While the dropable items will carry on as normal and not be affected if removed from the mall. Dragon balls being excempt since the drop rate is so rare per person that it is justified to be in the mall, and players already accepted and trade at a 1:1 cp ratio for DB's, while the only thing that fluctuates is the money per CP, which is good.

I hope this post made some sense.
MicDeath is offline   Reply With Quote