Old 2011-05-23, 07:55 AM   #41
Eurochic

Eurochic Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Matt~ View Post
Looking back at NTL history, i was wrong that they didnt use fibre optics, but again, it doesnt state anywhere this is direct to the house, but they confirm that they did this in Norway and Sweden!

http://www.virginmediabusiness.co.uk...c_history.aspx

Please, prove me wrong, but as far as I am aware (and the internet tends to agree with me here), there is no where in the UK that has had fibre optics direct to the house, without paying for it to be done.

There are a few areas that will be starting trials in the near future.

I'm not trying to start shit with you Euro, I'm just going by facts the ASA and now virgin media have presented me with (and a whole load of other websites that i didn't link you too)
I don't give a shit how many sites and what the ASA say. I was older than you are now when they installed the fibre optics to my house in 1994.

I HAVE SEEN THE CABLING WITH MY OWN EYES.
Eurochic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-23, 02:12 PM   #42
LadyGothica

LadyGothica Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

PLEEEEEAAAAASSEEE BE CAAAAAAAALM!!!! Or I spank you both with fiber optic cables!!!! >8D

Wait... you might like that! D:
that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to Thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be."

"In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti."

Myths / Basilisk - Pegasus - Medusa
LadyGo†hica - Wat / War / Tro
131-131-134
Guild Leader - Quo Vadis
LadyGothica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-23, 03:32 PM   #43
~Matt~
Veteran Member

~Matt~ Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGothica View Post
PLEEEEEAAAAASSEEE BE CAAAAAAAALM!!!! Or I spank you both with fiber optic cables!!!! >8D

Wait... you might like that! D:
maybe i would! HAHA
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

How to change your nickname

My Suggestions:
Conquer 3.0
No switching teams in Team PK
Guild Honorary Positions Tweak
~Matt~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-23, 03:42 PM   #44
Khev
Veteran Member

Khev Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

Quote:
maybe i would! HAHA
You would.

If LadyGothica doesn't. That's a major turn off.

DON'T DO IT!!!

Fixed: Phoenix, Celestial, Seizer , and Penetration.

Fixed Proficiencies: Club, Blade, Dagger, Scepter, Sword, Hook, Axe, Whip, Hammer.

A skill is only as good as the person using it.
The above statement in TQ games is False.
Khev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-24, 04:50 AM   #45
LadyGothica

LadyGothica Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khev View Post
You would.

If LadyGothica doesn't. That's a major turn off.

DON'T DO IT!!!
that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to Thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be."

"In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti."

Myths / Basilisk - Pegasus - Medusa
LadyGo†hica - Wat / War / Tro
131-131-134
Guild Leader - Quo Vadis
LadyGothica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-25, 12:50 AM   #46
JENZOS
Rookie

JENZOS Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

Quote:
Virgin broadband isnt actually fibre optics
Its fibre optics upto your local telephone exchange, then from your local exchange to your house, it is still copper wired.
Use speedtest.net to see exactly what speed your currently operating at
Something wrong there Matt Virgin broadband is fibre optic cable all the way to the main box in the house or flats that you live in the only people that still have copper wire is BT even when they are saying "Putting in fibre optic cable " LOL , they well behind Virgin i have been with Virgin now 3 Yrs only bout 4 problems with internet Going to do speed test while i have this open & CO game cos i have tested before i was 9.4mb not bad that on 10mb ot upgraded it et cos no need ok

RESULTS Ping: 52ms DownLoad Speed:9.59mbps Upload speed:0.49mbps. this test is with firefox open, co site, co forum, co game
so not bad sppedi have found that some Anti Virus Dced you because it finds the bot check software that it thinks is malware so closes the game down

ONLY SOME AREAS OF UK HAVE THE CHANCE TO GET VIRGIN BROADBAND aka NTL aka TELEWEST all Virgin Media now !!
GL: South^Of^Heaven

Last edited by ianwest; 2011-05-25 at 01:00 AM..
JENZOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-25, 01:41 AM   #47
~Matt~
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JENZOS View Post
Something wrong there Matt Virgin broadband is fibre optic cable all the way to the main box in the house or flats that you live in the only people that still have copper wire is BT even when they are saying "Putting in fibre optic cable " LOL , they well behind Virgin i have been with Virgin now 3 Yrs only bout 4 problems with internet Going to do speed test while i have this open & CO game cos i have tested before i was 9.4mb not bad that on 10mb ot upgraded it et cos no need ok

RESULTS Ping: 52ms DownLoad Speed:9.59mbps Upload speed:0.49mbps. this test is with firefox open, co site, co forum, co game
so not bad sppedi have found that some Anti Virus Dced you because it finds the bot check software that it thinks is malware so closes the game down

ONLY SOME AREAS OF UK HAVE THE CHANCE TO GET VIRGIN BROADBAND aka NTL aka TELEWEST all Virgin Media now !!
How many times do i have to tell people, Virgin Media is only fibre optic to the nearest exchange. Again, here is an article from the advertising standards authority directly, with responses to these problems from virgin.

http://www.asa.org.uk/ASA-action/Adj...ADJ_43928.aspx

And I will quote exactly what it says.

Quote:
Virgin Media Ltd (Virgin) said the ads were intended to highlight that cable broadband was different from ADSL broadband. Virgin explained that they did not use copper wire to deliver broadband to their customers, but used aluminium or steel wire with a copper coating instead. They said the copper coating was used to shield their signals from interference and not to transmit the signals. Virgin explained that their backbone network was a "hybrid fibre co-axial" network, which used fibre-optic cables all the way to within approximately 500 metres of their customers' homes. They said from there it passed over high quality copper-coated aluminium co-axial cables to within 150 metres of the home. They said the final connection to the customer was made from the street cabinet over high quality copper-coated steel co-axial cables. They explained that co-axial cable was used as a high-frequency transmission line to carry a high-frequency or broadband signal.
(and by the way, I have virgin media too.)
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

My Suggestions:
Conquer 3.0
Old 2011-05-26, 04:40 AM   #48
Eurochic

Eurochic Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

Quote:
How many times do i have to tell people, Virgin Media is only fibre optic to the nearest exchange. Again, here is an article from the advertising standards authority directly, with responses to these problems from virgin.

http://www.asa.org.uk/ASA-action/Adj...ADJ_43928.aspx

And I will quote exactly what it says.

(and by the way, I have virgin media too.)
Wrong, wrong and wrong.

Forget what you read, I have seen the cable and Virgin Media have confirmed that it's all the way to my door. It was installed in the 90s in my area which was one of the first in the UK.
Eurochic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-26, 12:29 PM   #49
Tommit
Veteran Member

Tommit Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

Constant disconnects since the wrangler update went through. I am watchign the movie dinner for schmucks and have had my character just sitting in twin city and have been disconnected 6 times already during the course of this movie...when will this be solved. I play Element - Dark server. I hope that server change actually does come through soon...Mephisto any word on it yet? You said a while ago it was a work in progress...I hate getting disconnected so much
Guild Leader of Ki11az

REAL GAMERS don't need BOTS
Tommit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-27, 05:48 AM   #50
~Matt~
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurochic View Post
Wrong, wrong and wrong.

Forget what you read, I have seen the cable and Virgin Media have confirmed that it's all the way to my door. It was installed in the 90s in my area which was one of the first in the UK.
I don't need to forget what I read because you simply have no proof that its fibre optic all the way to your door. Countless websites go against what you said, and as I have said, I have Virgin media myself, and looked into all this before signing up with Virgin. And when I spoke directly with virgin, they agree with all the websites that I have linked you too.

My Suggestions:
Conquer 3.0