Old 2011-04-21, 02:16 PM   #1
User631248882

User631248882 Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise
Default Defence bow

Does it really help????is it worth of making it??some people call it the suicide bow because when the shield activates u cant fly,is it true...I want answers
tnx
User631248882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-21, 02:24 PM   #2
Khev
Veteran Member

Khev Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

Quote:
Originally Posted by User631248882 View Post
Does it really help????is it worth of making it??some people call it the suicide bow because when the shield activates u cant fly,is it true...I want answers
tnx
That used to be the case, I'm not sure of it anymore. If I had to guess, it doesn't.

Fixed: Phoenix, Celestial, Seizer , and Penetration.

Fixed Proficiencies: Club, Blade, Dagger, Scepter, Sword, Hook, Axe, Whip, Hammer.

A skill is only as good as the person using it.
The above statement in TQ games is False.
Khev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-21, 05:12 PM   #3
Twoflower

Twoflower Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

They used to be called suicide bows but they don't stop you flying any more. Whether they're worth using is another matter.

I just tested that you can still fly when the shield activates. The archer I took was only half-equipped and I thought it would be a quick test, so I took her out in the pheasants and turtledoves first, then tried scattering poltergeists and single-shooting at ghost kings. Maybe it's because the monsters were so low-level, but I did a good half hour of killing before a shield came up. It finally happened just as I'd given up and was heading back through the robins.

Maybe it would activate more frequently in monsters near your level. Or in PvP situations. Even so, you'd have to think about how you'll use the bow. If you're going to be mostly plevelling, for example, and it hardly ever activates it's probably not going to be worth it, in my opinion.

Maybe someone with more experience using them could comment on the activation rate?
Old 2011-04-21, 05:36 PM   #4
LadyGothica

LadyGothica Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoflower View Post
They used to be called suicide bows but they don't stop you flying any more. Whether they're worth using is another matter.

I just tested that you can still fly when the shield activates. The archer I took was only half-equipped and I thought it would be a quick test, so I took her out in the pheasants and turtledoves first, then tried scattering poltergeists and single-shooting at ghost kings. Maybe it's because the monsters were so low-level, but I did a good half hour of killing before a shield came up. It finally happened just as I'd given up and was heading back through the robins.

Maybe it would activate more frequently in monsters near your level. Or in PvP situations. Even so, you'd have to think about how you'll use the bow. If you're going to be mostly plevelling, for example, and it hardly ever activates it's probably not going to be worth it, in my opinion.

Maybe someone with more experience using them could comment on the activation rate?

In my honest opinion its not worth it. If you are going to pvp with it then it's only good for physical damage. And if your flying already when it goes off then all you can get hit with is magic damage anyways. Unless your like Kenneth and don't use fly..... but then that kinda defeats the purpose of the question :P
that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to Thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be."

"In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti."

Myths / Basilisk - Pegasus - Medusa
LadyGo†hica - Wat / War / Tro
131-131-134
Guild Leader - Quo Vadis
LadyGothica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-21, 09:25 PM   #5
Khev
Veteran Member

Khev Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGothica View Post
In my honest opinion its not worth it. If you are going to pvp with it then it's only good for physical damage. And if your flying already when it goes off then all you can get hit with is magic damage anyways. Unless your like Kenneth and don't use fly..... but then that kinda defeats the purpose of the question :P
^- What she said. Much cheaper to buy an already made bow than to make one from scratch with a redundant hidden effect.

Fixed: Phoenix, Celestial, Seizer , and Penetration.

Fixed Proficiencies: Club, Blade, Dagger, Scepter, Sword, Hook, Axe, Whip, Hammer.

A skill is only as good as the person using it.
The above statement in TQ games is False.
Khev is offline   Reply With Quote