Old 2011-08-28, 07:42 PM   #1

12307557 Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise
灯泡 Bots when does TQ start seriously banning for it?

On SnowWhite/Cinderella i see speed bot leveling in bi, grotto3, ape second map 7 ninjas at same time. Armies of lvl 70 bot miners in market tc mines dc mines. Only once contacting help desk was one account botjailed in 5 min, next time default email server or hey their offline and you can't contact.

I know dealing with bots is a problem, but do they seriously want the server to start getting over run by bots? Seriously get GMs that are actually online in game with a way to contact to report, have them monitoring in game.

This is starting to get to the point of being crazy.
12307557 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-28, 11:04 PM   #2
Wolfone

Wolfone Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

its not just your server dude, its all over. That damn proxy server thats running must be making some good money. And now they have a GM detector so when a GM signs on they disconnect. Impossible to stop them.
Wolfone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-29, 01:49 PM   #3
~Matt~
Veteran Member

~Matt~ Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfone View Post
its not just your server dude, its all over. That damn proxy server thats running must be making some good money. And now they have a GM detector so when a GM signs on they disconnect. Impossible to stop them.
Not impossible at all. Just improbable with the lazy ass company that runs this game.

Perm bans are a great way to stop botting but TQ makes a lot of sales from jailed characters.
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

How to change your nickname

My Suggestions:
Conquer 3.0
No switching teams in Team PK
Guild Honorary Positions Tweak
~Matt~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-29, 05:10 PM   #4
Putnam!

Putnam! Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

TQ's method of stopping bots only hurts legit players most of the time, for this reason i dont believe they should ban players. a botter is waay better of in not getting botjail than someone who plays legitly, mainly due to the effort it takes to not get detected by system.
Putnam! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-29, 10:02 PM   #5

12307557 Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Matt~ View Post
Not impossible at all. Just improbable with the lazy ass company that runs this game.

Perm bans are a great way to stop botting but TQ makes a lot of sales from jailed characters.
Some are good if you get York on the helpdesk he doesn't shuffle you to the default msg. They need more ppl like him.
They do make money off ppl silly enough to use a main to bot, but an army of lvl 70 botters i highly doubt is worth botjailing they have basic gears and dc mines rock monsters 1-2hit em and they come back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Putnam! View Post
TQ's method of stopping bots only hurts legit players most of the time, for this reason i dont believe they should ban players. a botter is waay better of in not getting botjail than someone who plays legitly, mainly due to the effort it takes to not get detected by system.
Exactly why they need GMs online, even if their on a regular account to see for themselves and use GM access after spotting to ban /or/ botjail accounts.
12307557 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-29, 11:34 PM   #6
Funny_Kila_Boy
Rookie

Funny_Kila_Boy Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

Botters are ruining our servers... Botters are causing a huge lag to the Servers. With this amount of botters and the speed of botters, the server is loseing a lot of performence for those!

Oddyzeus
Water-Warrior-Trojan
130-130-137

European Rank 2 on the Monk PVP Championship
Beast on Fastblade/Scentsword on Dark Server
Funny_Kila_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-30, 04:14 AM   #7
~Matt~
Veteran Member

~Matt~ Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12307557 View Post
Exactly why they need GMs online, even if their on a regular account to see for themselves and use GM access after spotting to ban /or/ botjail accounts.
These bots have gm detectors so auto-dc. So having GM's present isn't going to work as there is no way could there be a gm online 24/7 on every server.

Botjail is not the answer to these bots. Perm ban's are. Figure out where the money is finding its way from these bots and perm ban that character which is likely to be the geared character.
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

How to change your nickname

My Suggestions:
Conquer 3.0
No switching teams in Team PK
Guild Honorary Positions Tweak
~Matt~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-30, 05:49 AM   #8

8690281 Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Matt~ View Post
These bots have gm detectors so auto-dc. So having GM's present isn't going to work as there is no way could there be a gm online 24/7 on every server.

Botjail is not the answer to these bots. Perm ban's are. Figure out where the money is finding its way from these bots and perm ban that character which is likely to be the geared character.
He said log in with a regular account to detect the bots, then use GM access to stop them.

I totally agree on the Perm bans! It should be quite simple to see which characters (geared or not) have received massive amounts of mentor exp in an unreasonable amount of time, especially those 135+ chars who make it to 140 in just a couple of days (impossible to do legitimately).
8690281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-30, 10:22 AM   #9
Khev
Veteran Member

Khev Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

Didn't they say that they'd permanently ban clientless bots? Or permanently botjail them?

Fixed: Phoenix, Celestial, Seizer , and Penetration.

Fixed Proficiencies: Club, Blade, Dagger, Scepter, Sword, Hook, Axe, Whip, Hammer.

A skill is only as good as the person using it.
The above statement in TQ games is False.
Khev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-30, 10:58 AM   #10
MonsterDo

MonsterDo Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

I don't know about this, I was botjailed, and I was innocent -.-.

Now if GMs weren't dumbasses and such, I would agree.