Old 2011-07-18, 06:18 AM   #1
Muzixs
Rookie

Muzixs Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise
警告 This Is Why Archers Are So Weak

I have 334 bp archer. Ive always admired the archer class an its ease of use. Easy to pick off pesky jumpers, fun in team battles, good support in team events. They really are one of the more fun classes but... as EVERYONE knows they are the weakest class... some say due to the fact of talis. So i looked into what caused archers to be so weak because when i add up my stats to ppl i fight an predict the outcome of damage that should be im shocked to see that's its nothing close to what i thought. So i went more in depth, i vs'ed various class with various bp's an found out that despite there difference in bp vs mine it didnt make a difference depending on how good there boots were. I paste a link below showing a test. Now in it, its not the fact that he only had boots on that shocked me, its when i told him to put all his armour back on as i could test him again. When i did so the damage was exactly the same! So the -damage the players receive from archers arrows is solely base of there boots (note that i took of my fan becasue he took off his tower, so to balance the test correctly). This severely undermines the power of the archer class. Now ive also tested a full +12 arcehr with 361 bp vs a tro with 362 bp an all i was hitting was 200's. Now i know archers have the fastest attack but if u add up the damage output of a full +12 archer vs a full +12 tro, the tro will win hands down in any an every match. When players are on equal leves of bp then both players should have a chance to 1 hit ko there opponent. im not asking to make archers able to 1 hit ko someone, of course... but i im saying that they should be doing a reasonable amount of damage to pose a threat with other players of the same bp. Basically the -damage that the boots give to players vs archer arrows need to be lowered, cause in alot of arena battles im losing to taos with 280- bp all becasue they have +7 or +8 boots, thats almost a 60 bp difference, your kidding me right?

To Admins: A adjustment of some sort needs to happen

To Members: I ask several high bp players as to what a good max damage output of a full +12 archer should be, I ask if 1k would be ok, the majority of them said ok seeing as they could usally 1 hit ko me (being on the same level of bp of course), but i would like to get comments on what u think as well.

P.S id like to dub this thread as a follow up to the original idea of a subclass for the archer class, with this thread showing the faults in the archers ability to function well for what ever reason.

http://vipclub.91.com/showthread.php...light=subclass

http://www.veoh.com/list/u/Bonzaii123

Last edited by Skullytion; 2011-07-22 at 11:00 AM..
Muzixs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-18, 08:17 AM   #2
WarDandan

WarDandan Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

good job sherlock, you just discovered what everyone knew since archers got released.
WarDandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-18, 11:00 AM   #3
Tommit
Veteran Member

Tommit Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

Boots are for dodge so they are dodging the arrows lol.
That is odd though.
Guild Leader of Ki11az

REAL GAMERS don't need BOTS
Tommit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-18, 11:06 AM   #4
User870401283

User870401283 Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

Yeah but face ur self against someone that is lower lvl. They get raped!
User870401283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-18, 12:44 PM   #5
Sayayin

Sayayin Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

Dodge is faulty in my opinion. Would make more sense if armors had a separate defense. Like Physical defense AND Ranged defense.
Sayayin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-18, 02:19 PM   #6
~Matt~
Veteran Member

~Matt~ Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

Wow, what a pointless thread. Archers are not a BP based class for their attack.
There are two things that prevent the archer hitting hard. Boots and Tower.

As you said this class is easy to use. Yes, they need a buff, but not much of a buff.

The option of a second archer class which loses scatter, fly in an attempt to become a more "strength" based archer class is a better road to follow here.

Edit: on your note of doing 1k damage, that is completely unrealistic because of fly. The only class that would have any chance against you would be monk and ninja.
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

How to change your nickname

My Suggestions:
Conquer 3.0
No switching teams in Team PK
Guild Honorary Positions Tweak

Last edited by MattNinja; 2011-07-18 at 02:22 PM..
~Matt~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-19, 09:20 PM   #7
Muzixs
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarDandan View Post
good job sherlock, you just discovered what everyone knew since archers got released.

Yea lol no... i know that everyone basically knows that boots effect archers directly im fully aware of that, my point was to make that statement so obvious to show how stupid it was... Oh an fyi archers use to rape all the other classes.

P.S Do u read ur posts before posting them? Cause the majority of them are sarcastic sas backs; just saying, it couldnt hurt it be helpful from time to time or at the very least a little more courteous...

Name:Bonzaii
Level:130 130 132
Class:Wat War Arch

Last edited by Skullytion; 2011-07-19 at 10:41 PM..
Old 2011-07-19, 09:21 PM   #8
Muzixs
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by User870401283 View Post
Yeah but face ur self against someone that is lower lvl. They get raped!

yea no duh but im looking at the long term picture i dont care for nubs. An the whole point for having high bp it to beat other lower then you...

Last edited by Skullytion; 2011-07-19 at 10:24 PM..
Old 2011-07-19, 09:22 PM   #9
Muzixs
Rookie

Bump

Old 2011-07-19, 09:23 PM   #10
Muzixs
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Matt~ View Post
Wow, what a pointless thread. Archers are not a BP based class for their attack.
There are two things that prevent the archer hitting hard. Boots and Tower.

As you said this class is easy to use. Yes, they need a buff, but not much of a buff.

The option of a second archer class which loses scatter, fly in an attempt to become a more "strength" based archer class is a better road to follow here.

Edit: on your note of doing 1k damage, that is completely unrealistic because of fly. The only class that would have any chance against you would be monk and ninja.

~Matt~: Have u ever used a archer, a archer of this bp an stats? Do you know what its like to lose against taos with 270 bp? its really aggravating the effort i put into this character and get the result im getting.Though you couldn't possibly have much to say seeing as ur a Trojan... but this thread is important, its to get across to the gm's that archers suck an other then add more buffs (talis, steed, new whip) they need to look at the central problem. Again its evident that the boots need a readjustment, if u say otherwise, well then i guess ur subjective to ur own opinion, i really don't care. But to say this thread is pointless is plain ignorance. Now if u were to think for a moment, its is realistic for a archer to be doing 1k max damage vs another player with equal bp (334+) because if i was at 369 bp vs a 369 tro he'd have a 89% chance to 1 hit herc me or 100% ss or fb me (depending on how good they are at aiming). but yea ive walked across the idea of losing fly and scatter ive just failed to include that casue im dealing with alot of other things with this class atm; there both pointless in my opinion, i never use fly cause i find it pathetic to run in such a manner and pity any other archer that uses it on my server, an i dont use scatter at all except for in gw to play around. Im a strict pvp archer not a plvl. So no fly no scatter, 1k damage max: does that seem reasonable? Oh an when i say easy i may have overstated that, if you were to do what i do you'd think twice, im just experienced at playing one

P.S i know most of what im saying is missing information like suggestioning a new archer based class meant for pvp that loses fly and scatter, as well as everything that effects the archers damage towards other players and some other things. Its alot to explain but trust me when i say i understand this class better then the majority of other veteran archers/players.

Oh an lol fyi im Bonzaii XD figured ur picture looked familiar. Pointless thread... man ima get you for that.

Last edited by Skullytion; 2011-07-19 at 10:45 PM..