Old 2011-04-14, 03:23 AM   #1
mortar4you2

mortar4you2 Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise
Default Monk XP skill and blessed hunting exp.

I just leveled from 100 to 110 on a monk.

Most of the exp to do this was gained using Oblivion.

I had claimed my blessed hunting exp (much less than I though it should have been) to reach level 100.

After gaining 10 more levels I checked blessed exp again and I have a whopping 0.50 exp balls available.

It takes roughly 89.13 exp balls to go from 100 to 110. 20% of that, what I SHOULD have available from blessed exp, is 17.82 exp balls. I instead recieved about 0.55% (that's right, half of 1%). A far cry from the promised 20%.

Is the monk XP skill not meant to work with blessing time? Monks just don't get to have the 20% extra that comes from using a praying stone?

I saw a thread in the regular forums, apparently some mod there 'tested' this and said it was working fine... but as you can see, it's not. This is not an isolated incident for me either.

I level monks for mentor exp and every one of them has had the same issue with blessed hunting experience.

Mephisto, can I get you to ask about this please?
mortar4you2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 03:46 AM   #2
Khev
Veteran Member

Khev Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

The exp you get from Hunting is the exp you gain from killing the mobs. Since Oblivion is a multiplier of the exp you had already gained, its not technically killing exp.

That's my only explanation for it anyways.

Fixed: Phoenix, Celestial, Seizer , and Penetration.

Fixed Proficiencies: Club, Blade, Dagger, Scepter, Sword, Hook, Axe, Whip, Hammer.

A skill is only as good as the person using it.
The above statement in TQ games is False.
Khev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 04:21 AM   #3
~Matt~
Veteran Member

~Matt~ Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortar4you2 View Post
I just leveled from 100 to 110 on a monk.

Most of the exp to do this was gained using Oblivion.

I had claimed my blessed hunting exp (much less than I though it should have been) to reach level 100.

After gaining 10 more levels I checked blessed exp again and I have a whopping 0.50 exp balls available.

It takes roughly 89.13 exp balls to go from 100 to 110. 20% of that, what I SHOULD have available from blessed exp, is 17.82 exp balls. I instead recieved about 0.55% (that's right, half of 1%). A far cry from the promised 20%.

Is the monk XP skill not meant to work with blessing time? Monks just don't get to have the 20% extra that comes from using a praying stone?

I saw a thread in the regular forums, apparently some mod there 'tested' this and said it was working fine... but as you can see, it's not. This is not an isolated incident for me either.

I level monks for mentor exp and every one of them has had the same issue with blessed hunting experience.

Mephisto, can I get you to ask about this please?
As Oblivion gives you a exp bonus.. you don't get bless hunting exp during this skill as well!
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

How to change your nickname

My Suggestions:
Conquer 3.0
No switching teams in Team PK
Guild Honorary Positions Tweak
~Matt~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 05:21 AM   #4
mortar4you2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Matt~ View Post
As Oblivion gives you a exp bonus.. you don't get bless hunting exp during this skill as well!
Kinda my point... why not? Every other XP skill out there you still get blessed hunting exp while using it.

I understand oblivion lets monks level pretty fast if their gear is good enough but why take away the 20% bonus from blessing? It's not as if that 20% would be multiplied as well since it's now something you have to claim instead of a direct boost while hunting.

I switched from leveling wars to leveling monks. It takes me about the same time to do either except for one thing. When my wars got to 97 and birds turned green I could click blessed exp and be 100, on to lab or grotto.

With monks... no such luck. I typically have between 0.9 and 1 exp ball saved by the time I hit 97.

My point is... with the same gear (except I had to perm 2 beads for the monk instead of just 1 wand) the monks and wars level at the same speed but the monk loses the advantage of heavens blessing exp. Makes no sense to me =/
Old 2011-04-14, 05:47 AM   #5
~Matt~
Veteran Member

~Matt~ Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

Quote:
Kinda my point... why not? Every other XP skill out there you still get blessed hunting exp while using it.

I understand oblivion lets monks level pretty fast if their gear is good enough but why take away the 20% bonus from blessing? It's not as if that 20% would be multiplied as well since it's now something you have to claim instead of a direct boost while hunting.

I switched from leveling wars to leveling monks. It takes me about the same time to do either except for one thing. When my wars got to 97 and birds turned green I could click blessed exp and be 100, on to lab or grotto.

With monks... no such luck. I typically have between 0.9 and 1 exp ball saved by the time I hit 97.

My point is... with the same gear (except I had to perm 2 beads for the monk instead of just 1 wand) the monks and wars level at the same speed but the monk loses the advantage of heavens blessing exp. Makes no sense to me =/
with the right mix of sdg/srg, you can level up a monk from 1-100 in less than 2 hours.. if they allowed blessed exp on top of this, it would be a botters dream. They had to cut it somehow because of botters.
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

How to change your nickname

My Suggestions:
Conquer 3.0
No switching teams in Team PK
Guild Honorary Positions Tweak
~Matt~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 06:21 AM   #6
mortar4you2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Matt~ View Post
with the right mix of sdg/srg, you can level up a monk from 1-100 in less than 2 hours.. if they allowed blessed exp on top of this, it would be a botters dream. They had to cut it somehow because of botters.
The class of choice for botters is still ninja.

I chose monk because the XP skill makes it easier to level for those of us who don't bot. But it's still nothing compared to the bots with no delay on fatal strike.

With no SRG's I can get to 100 in 2 hours easily... but I PAID for that.

My leveling gear for monk:
2x Super +4 SDG SDG beads, P4 souls perm.
Eli +5 SDG frock, P2 perm.
Eli +5 SDG Headband
Norm +3 SDG neck
Norm +2 SDG boot
Ref +4 SDG ring, P3 perm
+6 horse
+6 Super fan STG
+5 Super tower

I spent 29 perm stones, most from the mall. 11,455 CPS just for the perms, nevermind the value of the gems / soc'd gear and the souls themselves.

This is what I've had to spend to be able to level as fast as a ninja bot who uses normal or bound gear.

There's a guy who bots a ninja with similar gear to mine... he makes lvl 100 in about 15 min.

Mr. Ninja bot gets blessing XP, but if I got it it wouldn't be fair since Oblivion already multiplies exp. Cool.
Old 2011-04-14, 08:18 AM   #7
SexyTexan87

SexyTexan87 Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

Quote:
The class of choice for botters is still ninja.

I chose monk because the XP skill makes it easier to level for those of us who don't bot. But it's still nothing compared to the bots with no delay on fatal strike.

With no SRG's I can get to 100 in 2 hours easily... but I PAID for that.

My leveling gear for monk:
2x Super +4 SDG SDG beads, P4 souls perm.
Eli +5 SDG frock, P2 perm.
Eli +5 SDG Headband
Norm +3 SDG neck
Norm +2 SDG boot
Ref +4 SDG ring, P3 perm
+6 horse
+6 Super fan STG
+5 Super tower

I spent 29 perm stones, most from the mall. 11,455 CPS just for the perms, nevermind the value of the gems / soc'd gear and the souls themselves.

This is what I've had to spend to be able to level as fast as a ninja bot who uses normal or bound gear.

There's a guy who bots a ninja with similar gear to mine... he makes lvl 100 in about 15 min.

Mr. Ninja bot gets blessing XP, but if I got it it wouldn't be fair since Oblivion already multiplies exp. Cool.
A full soc monk in my guild rbed and within a couple of days he was back at lvl 130. Monks are ridiculously easy to level. I remember when he hit 120, I said grats and went to make myself a drink. I walked 50 feet, grabbed a glass, grabbed some ice, poured a dr pepper, and walked 50 feet back to my laptop. In the amount of time it took me to make that drink, he lvled to 121.

So, you'll get no sympathy from me when your class can go 130-130-130 within a week.
To remain Selfless, Cold, and Composed
Come on baby,
Now throw me a right to the chin
Don't just stare like you never cared
I know you did
But you just smile
Like a bank teller
Blankly telling me,
"Have a nice life."
SexyTexan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 08:19 AM   #8
Impulse~

Impulse~ Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

So you're saying a monk should be able to go from 15-110 in 45 minutes and STILL get those 40 exp balls in blessing?

The exp you gain is simply a bonus, like the SRGs, they don't add to your blessing exp. Nor should they.
Impulse~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 09:01 AM   #9
Kenneth

Kenneth Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

lolz their already easy to lvl lolz.... lolz to the guy that said their friend went from 120-121 in such a short time I did the same on my rch....

is the 20 pct really that relevant? the answer is no.... I got my non reborn monk with bound gear to lvl 70 in 30 minutes..... do you really need the 20 pct? its not like its an inconvenience

Having gears is one thing. Having skills is another.
Having both and not abusing them is true power.
Kenneth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 09:31 AM   #10
SexyTexan87

SexyTexan87 Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
lolz their already easy to lvl lolz.... lolz to the guy that said their friend went from 120-121 in such a short time I did the same on my rch....

is the 20 pct really that relevant? the answer is no.... I got my non reborn monk with bound gear to lvl 70 in 30 minutes..... do you really need the 20 pct? its not like its an inconvenience
I did the same with just a ref frock and ref beads. naked other than that lol.
To remain Selfless, Cold, and Composed
Come on baby,
Now throw me a right to the chin
Don't just stare like you never cared
I know you did
But you just smile
Like a bank teller
Blankly telling me,
"Have a nice life."
SexyTexan87 is offline   Reply With Quote