View Poll Results: TQ should work on game performance (e.g. server lag, disconnect bugs, ...)
Agree 10 100.00%
Disagree 0 0%
I don't care 0 0%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2012-04-01, 04:32 AM   #1
4541953
Rookie
 
Join Date: 2012-01-24
Posts: 2
4541953 Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise
Default Please fix the lags on servers...

Dear TQ Team please fix the lags on servers. Players have been asking this for such a long time now.

On Volcano almost every day we have pings higher than 5000. This may be not all day long, but very often it lasts for several hours, so it gets impossible to play.

I think we are paying for this game, some of us maybe only 100$ other 1000$ and others even more, so we may expect this game to run smoothly and with a minimum of optimal performance. Instead of trying to improve the game by introducing new features or quests, I would much more appreciate if you put more effort in stabilizing the game and its performance itself. I do not need colorful painted easter eggs, refined trojan packs*, a 1-handed sports bag, disguise amulets or pointless quests if i cannot play the game itself.

*btw refined and unique trojan packs and things like these: I have the impression they have been put into shopping mall and lottery so that lottery chances to win decent items are decreased. No one needs full refined gear anymore. Those times have gone, it happened 5-6 years ago... For the game play itself and its performance all these "improvements" are absolutely useless!

Please take such suggestions and postings of your customers serious, especially the ones when it is up to game performance.

I cannot use a sports car with all gimmicks if it has no fuel, and so I cannot play a game with a ton of features if the game/server is laggy and has no performance.

Best regards,
raul
4541953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-01, 09:23 AM   #2
Ledburyyy
Junior Member
 
Ledburyyy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2012-02-10
Posts: 74
Ledburyyy Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise
Default

agreed that they need to sort it out and sort there priorities out, server lag mainly as many players will just stop playing because of it.

Ps, i think the ref packs are quite usefull for someone trying to put a soc on the tower/fan and i think thats why they are there
__________________
Ledbury
Storm
Tro130-Tro130-Tro132
Guild Leader of Big Dogs Down


Botters are Bitches
Ledburyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-04, 08:46 PM   #3
User804521872
Rookie
 
Join Date: 2011-03-10
Posts: 14
User804521872 Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise
Default

i quit im selling my fire items +12 -7 P6 DS fix..

im truly tired and no more fun because of lag...any interested parties tell me
User804521872 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-05, 09:19 PM   #4
User548421626
Full Member
 
Join Date: 2011-06-21
Posts: 165
User548421626 Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by User804521872 View Post
i quit im selling my fire items +12 -7 P6 DS fix..

im truly tired and no more fun because of lag...any interested parties tell me
Say, if you're quitting why are you selling your gear? What do you plan to do with those DBs (of course) from selling it isn't that against the ToS you signed, now is it?

Heh... heh.. heh...
User548421626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-05, 11:52 PM   #5
Mephisto
All Hell!
 
Mephisto's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2011-03-09
Posts: 1,558
Mephisto King/Queen -- damn goodMephisto King/Queen -- damn goodMephisto King/Queen -- damn goodMephisto King/Queen -- damn goodMephisto King/Queen -- damn goodMephisto King/Queen -- damn goodMephisto King/Queen -- damn goodMephisto King/Queen -- damn good
Default

Well, even though the announcement wasn't put on the official site, some work has been done towards the issue we're having with the server and the lags.

I know some of you might feel frustrated when it comes to the smooth of the game flow should be, but truth is we're really working at full capacity on these things and dealing with the lags and the bot activities for so long, like I said, if any good advice you can provide, I'd like to share it with the higher up here for sure!
__________________
"Do not be afraid of greatness, some are born great, some achieved greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them." - William Shakespeare.
Mephisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-06, 02:20 AM   #6
0.o
Full Member
 
Join Date: 2011-10-08
Posts: 267
0.o Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephisto View Post
Well, even though the announcement wasn't put on the official site, some work has been done towards the issue we're having with the server and the lags.

I know some of you might feel frustrated when it comes to the smooth of the game flow should be, but truth is we're really working at full capacity on these things and dealing with the lags and the bot activities for so long, like I said, if any good advice you can provide, I'd like to share it with the higher up here for sure!
I've noticed at least 4 types of lag, pls confirm with the techheads they're working on all of them?
1) basic slow ping lag... Basic fix: minimise required network traffic for game to operate, eg reduce active zone size & hence info needed to be loaded onto client from server. (create virtual 'bubbles' around a player & only load what's close enough to matter) - I believe that's what you were attempting to fix earlier today/yesterday? -users can help reduce ping by using only 1 client when it counts, closing skype (skype specifically has the ability to use your device as a hub for others... but don't run any other internet active programs) In my location we have issues with ISPs oversubscribing lines so that if the whole street is online I can forget about any ping below 1K.

2) frame rate lag: more stuff changes then client can keep up with: well that's mainly a player/client side issue, provide sound advise to players (just because its common sense doesn't mean people know). eg: if its an important event like arena, don't have 3 clients running (that advise helps for the '1) ping' issue as well, but there's loads of things here...not the least of which helping players establish whether that is an issue for them)

3) server side inability to 'cope' with the load. Noticed this one a few times as well, frame rate great, ping low, yet still lagging & lots of stop-race start movements, NPC mobs 'jumping' large distances from A to B instantaneously. This is some of the lag probably caused by the multiclient bots, old software, etc. which don't use clients... upgrade hardware, split servers, etc... can only be fixed by your techies.

4) login delays, clientless bots probably pwn the authentication servers massively with continuous requests to appear here there & everywhere... again something to fix at your end by your techies.

I hope this helps... peace out (Meph PM me if you want to have a serious discussion about this sometime...).

5) these damned forums lag out all the time as well & are getting worse. overdue for a patch upgrade for sure. I had to re-login just to post this!
__________________
Kill me now ...avoid the rush.

Last edited by gamezies; 2012-04-06 at 02:21 AM.. Reason: 1 more lag! forums >.<
0.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-06, 10:10 AM   #7
User330565203
Full Member
 
Join Date: 2011-03-21
Posts: 174
User330565203 Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephisto View Post
Well, even though the announcement wasn't put on the official site, some work has been done towards the issue we're having with the server and the lags.

I know some of you might feel frustrated when it comes to the smooth of the game flow should be, but truth is we're really working at full capacity on these things and dealing with the lags and the bot activities for so long, like I said, if any good advice you can provide, I'd like to share it with the higher up here for sure!
player mods to deal with the botters and then there wont be as many AI accounts running around lagging the game.
User330565203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-06, 05:32 PM   #8
User548421626
Full Member
 
Join Date: 2011-06-21
Posts: 165
User548421626 Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0.o View Post
I've noticed at least 4 types of lag, pls confirm with the techheads they're working on all of them?
1) basic slow ping lag... Basic fix: minimise required network traffic for game to operate, eg reduce active zone size & hence info needed to be loaded onto client from server. (create virtual 'bubbles' around a player & only load what's close enough to matter) - I believe that's what you were attempting to fix earlier today/yesterday? -users can help reduce ping by using only 1 client when it counts, closing skype (skype specifically has the ability to use your device as a hub for others... but don't run any other internet active programs) In my location we have issues with ISPs oversubscribing lines so that if the whole street is online I can forget about any ping below 1K.

2) frame rate lag: more stuff changes then client can keep up with: well that's mainly a player/client side issue, provide sound advise to players (just because its common sense doesn't mean people know). eg: if its an important event like arena, don't have 3 clients running (that advise helps for the '1) ping' issue as well, but there's loads of things here...not the least of which helping players establish whether that is an issue for them)

3) server side inability to 'cope' with the load. Noticed this one a few times as well, frame rate great, ping low, yet still lagging & lots of stop-race start movements, NPC mobs 'jumping' large distances from A to B instantaneously. This is some of the lag probably caused by the multiclient bots, old software, etc. which don't use clients... upgrade hardware, split servers, etc... can only be fixed by your techies.

4) login delays, clientless bots probably pwn the authentication servers massively with continuous requests to appear here there & everywhere... again something to fix at your end by your techies.

I hope this helps... peace out (Meph PM me if you want to have a serious discussion about this sometime...).

5) these damned forums lag out all the time as well & are getting worse. overdue for a patch upgrade for sure. I had to re-login just to post this!
1) While on a 'normal' game the problem is usually on the users end. On Conquer, the server plays a serious role and seems to have trouble handling the work load. What you said about 'bubbles' is already done. Conquer doesn't send information to your client about a person whos more than 24 coordinates away.

2) Once agian, this is a result of the #1. As the server has a hard time processing things, information is sent significantly slower than in what would normally seem "real time".
Previously, you could jump around even if you were lagging (and as a result, you could tell because nothing would be spawning). Now, you get the "you cannt jump this far error" because the client bases its internal location off the last reply to the server.

You can easily test for lag on a server by how fast you can change PK modes (because the server echo's your request back which then changes the mode client-side).

3) Same as #1/#2

4) Nope, actually the auth server replies nearly instantly. The login delay is a result of #1/#2. You do not see in game until a little bit of information has been sent over the game server, which is lagging. Therefore, the longer that information takes the transfer, the longer you sit idle at the logging in screen.

5) Can't really say much about the forums, haven't looked into it.
User548421626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 01:21 AM   #9
Tommit
Veteran Member
 
Tommit's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2011-03-23
Location: Dark Server, USA
Posts: 2,378
Tommit Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4541953 View Post
Dear TQ Team please fix the lags on servers. Players have been asking this for such a long time now.

On Volcano almost every day we have pings higher than 5000. This may be not all day long, but very often it lasts for several hours, so it gets impossible to play.

I think we are paying for this game, some of us maybe only 100$ other 1000$ and others even more, so we may expect this game to run smoothly and with a minimum of optimal performance. Instead of trying to improve the game by introducing new features or quests, I would much more appreciate if you put more effort in stabilizing the game and its performance itself. I do not need colorful painted easter eggs, refined trojan packs*, a 1-handed sports bag, disguise amulets or pointless quests if i cannot play the game itself.

*btw refined and unique trojan packs and things like these: I have the impression they have been put into shopping mall and lottery so that lottery chances to win decent items are decreased. No one needs full refined gear anymore. Those times have gone, it happened 5-6 years ago... For the game play itself and its performance all these "improvements" are absolutely useless!

Please take such suggestions and postings of your customers serious, especially the ones when it is up to game performance.

I cannot use a sports car with all gimmicks if it has no fuel, and so I cannot play a game with a ton of features if the game/server is laggy and has no performance.

Best regards,
raul
Would love to see Elite packs introduced and have them replace these crappy worthless packs.
__________________
Tommit
Pure Ninja - LVL 140
Server: Element - Dark
Guild Leader of Ki11az
...


REAL GAMERS don't need BOTS
Tommit is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:46 AM.