Old 2011-07-22, 10:24 AM   #31
~Matt~
Veteran Member

~Matt~ Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzixs View Post
hmm. gimme that link
http://vipclub.91.com/showthread.php...light=subclass
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

How to change your nickname

My Suggestions:
Conquer 3.0
No switching teams in Team PK
Guild Honorary Positions Tweak
~Matt~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-22, 10:26 AM   #32
Muzixs
Rookie

Muzixs Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

Ok so i have around 18k attack (180pct with SDG), not including fan. Now most of the players i vs have 10k defense. so that leaves 8k damage left, but with most of the players i vs are on about the same bp as me, so is it fair to say boots block around 7k of arrow damage? But this is only at +8, but even at full plus +12 vs another full +12 im am doing about the same damage with 334 bp vs another 334 ish bp player. Im not sure what the defense tq has on the boots is but it blocks way to much. This is very simple addition of stats, im not taking in account of what the bp does to your att or defense, its tricky as it is to explain but this stuff really doesnt add up the way it should.

P.S if an GM happen to see this could you provide a pct level of how bp effect attack and or defense as well as what pct of damage boots are suppose to block against arrows. Or if your a player an know the pcts that be great as well.

Name:Bonzaii
Level:130 130 132
Class:Wat War Arch
Muzixs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-22, 10:42 AM   #33
Muzixs
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Matt~ View Post
Ohhh i love it. I dont like the idea of a clunky crossbow but i willing to make the sacrifice if it means i can actually be on even grounds with players of the same bp.

Old 2011-07-22, 10:47 AM   #34
~Matt~
Veteran Member

Quote:
Ohhh i love it. I dont like the idea of a clunky crossbow but i willing to make the sacrifice if it means i can actually be on even grounds with players of the same bp.
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

My Suggestions:
Conquer 3.0
Old 2011-07-22, 01:38 PM   #35

8690281 Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

Quote:
P.S if an GM happen to see this could you provide a pct level of how bp effect attack and or defense as well as what pct of damage boots are suppose to block against arrows.
You must be really new to the game to make this statement, lol.

Just an FYI... GMs never provide any useful/helpful information about anything in CO, except for DB PURCHASE ISSUES!

All useful/helpful info comes strictly from other players who are actually willing to share the info.

That's life in CO.
8690281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-22, 02:11 PM   #36
~Matt~
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8690281 View Post
You must be really new to the game to make this statement, lol.

Just an FYI... GMs never provide any useful/helpful information about anything in CO, except for DB PURCHASE ISSUES!

All useful/helpful info comes strictly from other players who are actually willing to share the info.

That's life in CO.
He's only been around for 6 months or so, but I have drilled that through him hundreds of times. (he was based in same server as me)

My Suggestions:
Conquer 3.0
Old 2011-07-22, 06:26 PM   #37
Impulse~

Impulse~ Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

Quote:
First things first, ever heard of multi-quote? I don't see a reason why you wouldn't do it unless you are TRYING to get a higher post count.

Second, if you would notice in that link he sent you I posted multiple times solutions to the archer problem, so don't go assuming I've never played an archer and that I've never thought they are weak.

But I will tell you, I played an archer for 2 years between 2005-2006 and then again right after talis came out for about a year 2008-2009.

Archers ARE weak, but I don't think you are approaching the problem effectively.

The reason archers are as weak as they are is because back before you started playing there would be archers with 4 waters in their team ALL DAY LONG "water farming" getting anywhere between 12 and 20 DBs every time those 4 waters hit 120.

Archers were the hunters, because they could make money so much easier than every other class, it was almost to make it so that if they wanted to be strong, they not only had to have that archer to hunt and make their money, but they would also have to have a second character for their main. Believe me, I was one of the first 2nd RBs in my server(s) and probably the game.

I don't think archers should have to use a spear for PvP, but I don't think archers should be able to do anything more than maybe 500 damage if they are ranged, ESPECIALLY when you take into consideration that every other class will be nerfed in the near future.

I think people need to stop picking at the weak classes trying to get them made significantly stronger when the rest of the classes will be getting weaker soon, what then? Archers are the new overpowered class? Would be a nice change, but that wouldn't be any more fair then it is now.

If fires, trojans, monks, ninjas and warriors(HP on shield) get nerfed but another class gets buffed, what happens? That buffed class becomes the new OP class.

Apparently the updates are coming very soon, so just be patient and wait for them, then if these classes are still severely underpowered, continue to complain.
Impulse~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-23, 01:52 AM   #38
Muzixs
Rookie

呲牙

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impulse~ View Post
First things first, ever heard of multi-quote? I don't see a reason why you wouldn't do it unless you are TRYING to get a higher post count.

Second, if you would notice in that link he sent you I posted multiple times solutions to the archer problem, so don't go assuming I've never played an archer and that I've never thought they are weak.

But I will tell you, I played an archer for 2 years between 2005-2006 and then again right after talis came out for about a year 2008-2009.

Archers ARE weak, but I don't think you are approaching the problem effectively.

The reason archers are as weak as they are is because back before you started playing there would be archers with 4 waters in their team ALL DAY LONG "water farming" getting anywhere between 12 and 20 DBs every time those 4 waters hit 120.

Archers were the hunters, because they could make money so much easier than every other class, it was almost to make it so that if they wanted to be strong, they not only had to have that archer to hunt and make their money, but they would also have to have a second character for their main. Believe me, I was one of the first 2nd RBs in my server(s) and probably the game.

I don't think archers should have to use a spear for PvP, but I don't think archers should be able to do anything more than maybe 500 damage if they are ranged, ESPECIALLY when you take into consideration that every other class will be nerfed in the near future.

I think people need to stop picking at the weak classes trying to get them made significantly stronger when the rest of the classes will be getting weaker soon, what then? Archers are the new overpowered class? Would be a nice change, but that wouldn't be any more fair then it is now.

If fires, trojans, monks, ninjas and warriors(HP on shield) get nerfed but another class gets buffed, what happens? That buffed class becomes the new OP class.

Apparently the updates are coming very soon, so just be patient and wait for them, then if these classes are still severely underpowered, continue to complain.
no, im a week old member to the fourm( even though i statred much sooner, ive never really posted much), so im a nub. Idk how stuff works, multi quoting, polling, stuff like that passes me by.

I expect every one who played an archer to expect there weak regaurdless of how good there gear is. Im not blind to that fact. But i assume to you that i thought youve never layed an archer, i dont remember posting like to you under ur name =S.

Im not trying to pick the weak class even though archers ARE the weakest class there is. I just enjoy it becasue its a fun class but even though im not much of a pvper doesnt mean that this probelm should slid by. (ya i know its silly it expect any thing from tq, but hey, u gotta hope) And yea id trying to wait for the new update which i hear include a whip kinda item that goes with your steed for steed comabat, its suppose to boost attack and is a +12 type item (but that doesnt really matter sense archers arnt bp based classes...)

P.S complaining isnt a bad thing =p. I enjoy these conversations

Old 2011-07-24, 10:57 PM   #39
Kenneth

Kenneth Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

I have only a few statements.

1. I've played as an archer for 7 years
2. in comparison to every other classes attack in the game in a 100 pct square ballanced fight our dmg is punative...
3. Even if as you suggested (origional poster) you made single shot hit 1K on a target that amount of dmg would offer skilled players a chance but ur average joe archer (fly whore) would not have a shot... However as i'm sure you already know as you said earlier your 1K's vs any melee class would still be crap in comparison to what they can dish out.. however you might run them outa pots lolz
4. this ones for matt.... why create another entire sub catagory for archers? what about the people who saw what they can do (back in the day) should those players really have to go through the effort (ill be it wouldnt be hard) of swapping to that class? there would undoubtably be new gears involved that they would have to buy and the simple bother of relvling ... every class that is thus oped had to do what to get there? nothing why make the lower end of the spectrum work to move forward when the guys that are at the other end don't have to do anything?
5. to impulse... I have one question. Based on the past coupple of years and the general trend of tq's patches, buffs, and "improvements" what on earth makes you beleive that all the currently oped classes are going to be brought down a notch?

My suggestion... have boots effect ALL weapons the same way they effect bows maybe when you guys that go melee classes will get the picture when ur only landing at most 1-2K dmg with gear that used to pown everything.

1 hit koing someone does not mean your a skilled player it merely means you either A. get that percent chance for the refinery your usuing. or B. the guy your fighting lagged for 2 seconds.

how the heck does fighting with such insane amounts of damage prove your a skilled player?

archers have always been a fun class to play. Even atm when their roles are simple stupid as far as the ballance of the game goes most of the pro rchs find a way to win in their own right...but after awhile it gets tiresome when some nub who can right click and dish out 20X the dmg with only 1/4 more effort wins and claims their "a good player"...That will be all

Having gears is one thing. Having skills is another.
Having both and not abusing them is true power.
Kenneth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-25, 01:13 AM   #40
~Matt~
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
I have only a few statements.

4. this ones for matt.... why create another entire sub catagory for archers? what about the people who saw what they can do (back in the day) should those players really have to go through the effort (ill be it wouldnt be hard) of swapping to that class? there would undoubtably be new gears involved that they would have to buy and the simple bother of relvling ... every class that is thus oped had to do what to get there? nothing why make the lower end of the spectrum work to move forward when the guys that are at the other end don't have to do anything?
Having a new archer class, for a more strength based archer was not my idea, hence why i posted a link to the thread it was suggested in. However, a subclass, to pierce through dodge on the boots was my idea.

My Suggestions:
Conquer 3.0