Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2011-12-09, 01:06 PM   #1
0.o
Full Member
 
Join Date: 2011-10-08
Posts: 267
0.o Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise
Default achievement system

I like the way it looks, should be fun
I'm going to go achieve mad when it starts

Just a little bug I noticed:

I've had a look through: scent sword & fast blade both 'achieve' when they
reach level 12. Sorry but those only go to level 4...
There's a few other dodgy ones in the weapon skills too. The direct weapon skills go to 12 & beyond, the special skills for each weapon do not.

Thumbs up though, I'm looking forward to it!
__________________
Kill me now ...avoid the rush.
0.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-09, 01:15 PM   #2
0.o
Full Member
 
Join Date: 2011-10-08
Posts: 267
0.o Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise
Default

Why don't we...
When the achieve system goes live start a thread in which we all write down our points & try best eachother...?
__________________
Kill me now ...avoid the rush.
0.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-09, 02:27 PM   #3
Khev
Veteran Member
 
Khev's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2011-03-10
Location: New York.
Posts: 1,627
Khev Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise
Default

There's also an achievement that has you exchange VPs for a DB, so that might be coming back. As well as receiving a pass to be able to enter the mine.
__________________
Khev
Dreams - Honor/Justice
131-132-140 Water-Warrior-Trojan

Fixed: Phoenix, Celestial, Seizer , and Penetration.

Fixed Proficiencies: Club, Blade, Dagger, Scepter, Sword, Hook, Axe, Whip, Hammer.

A skill is only as good as the person using it.
The above statement in TQ games is False.
Khev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-09, 02:39 PM   #4
~Matt~
Veteran Member
 
~Matt~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 2011-03-13
Location: Wales, United Kingdom
Posts: 2,446
~Matt~ Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0.o View Post
I like the way it looks, should be fun
I'm going to go achieve mad when it starts

Just a little bug I noticed:

I've had a look through: scent sword & fast blade both 'achieve' when they
reach level 12. Sorry but those only go to level 4...
There's a few other dodgy ones in the weapon skills too. The direct weapon skills go to 12 & beyond, the special skills for each weapon do not.

Thumbs up though, I'm looking forward to it!
wow, think of the range of a level 12 SS/FB... would be about 4 screens big!
__________________
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
|||||
Name: ~Ma††~ Class: Wat – War – Tro Level: 130-130-140 |||||
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||


How to change your nickname

My Suggestions:
Conquer 3.0
No switching teams in Team PK
Guild Honorary Positions Tweak
~Matt~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-09, 04:50 PM   #5
theory
Junior Member
 
theory's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2011-03-13
Posts: 82
theory Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise
Default

all the weapon skills show 12....wtf.....last i checked, when i fixed em all, they were only 9
__________________
Unicorn/Titan
Hollywood - 140 nin war arch
HarvesterOfPain - 140 pure monk
theory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-16, 06:20 AM   #6
11723691
Rookie
 
Join Date: 2011-03-11
Posts: 1
11723691 Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise
Default

So... all prizes have been removed from the achievement system?
Then... what's actually the point of trying to reach any achievements? Just to say 'I got that achievement'?

We max out all of the achievements and get 'nothing'?
In what way does this new achievement system benefit the players?
11723691 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-16, 10:24 AM   #7
CaliBan
Junior Member
 
CaliBan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2011-03-17
Posts: 41
CaliBan Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Matt~ View Post
wow, think of the range of a level 12 SS/FB... would be about 4 screens big!
why not they need to improve the look of fb and ss anyway
__________________
~Caliban~ -- 132 pure water -- myths/unicorn

~Ginsu~ 130/130/115 - pure trojan
CaliBan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-16, 12:24 PM   #8
Khev
Veteran Member
 
Khev's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2011-03-10
Location: New York.
Posts: 1,627
Khev Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11723691 View Post
So... all prizes have been removed from the achievement system?
Then... what's actually the point of trying to reach any achievements? Just to say 'I got that achievement'?

We max out all of the achievements and get 'nothing'?
In what way does this new achievement system benefit the players?
A person on the regular forums says that prizes will be implemented in January. But there's no credible source.

It would be nice, however to receive buffs for completing certain achievements. Something like, getting all the achievements for a certain map (ie: TC) would get them a more specific map, that shows water scroll marks and stuff. Getting all the weapon prof achievements would give extra melee attack damage. Getting all the weapon skill achievements would give extra skill attack damage. Something along those lines.
__________________
Khev
Dreams - Honor/Justice
131-132-140 Water-Warrior-Trojan

Fixed: Phoenix, Celestial, Seizer , and Penetration.

Fixed Proficiencies: Club, Blade, Dagger, Scepter, Sword, Hook, Axe, Whip, Hammer.

A skill is only as good as the person using it.
The above statement in TQ games is False.
Khev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-16, 01:31 PM   #9
~Matt~
Veteran Member
 
~Matt~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 2011-03-13
Location: Wales, United Kingdom
Posts: 2,446
~Matt~ Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khev View Post
A person on the regular forums says that prizes will be implemented in January. But there's no credible source.

It would be nice, however to receive buffs for completing certain achievements. Something like, getting all the achievements for a certain map (ie: TC) would get them a more specific map, that shows water scroll marks and stuff. Getting all the weapon prof achievements would give extra melee attack damage. Getting all the weapon skill achievements would give extra skill attack damage. Something along those lines.
Great Idea. I would much prefer this than a 1 time prize.
Buffs that last forever would be far more encouraging.
__________________
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
|||||
Name: ~Ma††~ Class: Wat – War – Tro Level: 130-130-140 |||||
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||


How to change your nickname

My Suggestions:
Conquer 3.0
No switching teams in Team PK
Guild Honorary Positions Tweak
~Matt~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-17, 07:39 PM   #10
0.o
Full Member
 
Join Date: 2011-10-08
Posts: 267
0.o Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Matt~ View Post
Great Idea. I would much prefer this than a 1 time prize.
Buffs that last forever would be far more encouraging.
Or alternatively to buffs a system not unlike VIP system where by you get certain benefits based on your achievement level?
eg for every 1000 achieve points you get an achievement level & receive certain status abilities, eg the 1 hour fountain XP bonus without using blessing, or maybe one hour of blessing time a day instead... etc.
__________________
Kill me now ...avoid the rush.
0.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:00 AM.