Old 2012-10-10, 03:51 PM   #11
Vixen69

Vixen69 Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

my guild has taken to killing the bots and looting them of course.I myself have gotten a few mets but the price of having to sit black named for a day.....And the only way for some of the guildies to do their jars is to have me come along on a teami go team pk in MC and go black in less than 5 min.2 scatter and i kill 14 bots or more in bulls.What sucks is they keep coming back for more
Vixen69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-13, 02:11 AM   #12
Tommit
Veteran Member

Tommit Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vixen69 View Post
my guild has taken to killing the bots and looting them of course.I myself have gotten a few mets but the price of having to sit black named for a day.....And the only way for some of the guildies to do their jars is to have me come along on a teami go team pk in MC and go black in less than 5 min.2 scatter and i kill 14 bots or more in bulls.What sucks is they keep coming back for more
It now seems the bots are auto-depositing items or something. Killed 10 and each dropped only 1 ginsing...odd!
Guild Leader of Ki11az

REAL GAMERS don't need BOTS
Tommit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-13, 05:09 PM   #13
Macha

Macha Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerazia View Post
I don't know how to stop botting but deleteing game features is not the right way.
^^^ Truth!!!

I started playing on my Ninja again about a month or so ago, and now they downgraded her Fatal Strike, which utter bullshit. Legitimate Ninjas need that when doing daily 300s or Cloud Saint Jar, otherwise it would take hours and hours to do complete those quests. In fact, on top of it, to my knowledge, Fatal Strike is the only XP that isn't allowed in the arena, which also is utter bullshit. What's the point of having skills that are unusable?

The bottom line is: TQ is penalizing legitimate players for the actions of botters.
Old 2012-10-24, 04:28 PM   #14
ElSoza
Rookie

ElSoza Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

I know the starter of the thread had a poor choice of words, but it's almost been 3 months since this was started and still no official answer.
And even more, the fact is the problem isn't getting any better, it's worse. I know there always have been botters and cheats like autoclickers, aimbots and so on, I started around six years ago, but that's not an excuse. So as they will always find a way to cheat we have to accept it? I think thats a mediocre way of answering to botters. In fact, I think if it's so easy to build a bot for programmers, then there should be a way to accurately find them and end them, and I'm sure people like Tommit and others would be happy to help and deal with these as a community.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommit View Post
(...) I personally would love to volunteer for a Player Moderator position and will do it free of charge just to help rid my server of these bots and I am sure theres hundreds out there that would do the same just to play a fair and fun game. (...)
I absolutely agree with Jerazia,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerazia View Post
(...)deleteing game features is not the right way.
as I've played the Warrior class during the whole time, I would hate to see their signature skill get TQed (couldn't find a more suitable expression) like so many game features had in CO history.
Sincerely hoping a quicker-than-3-months answer,
ElSoza, Myths, Unicorn/Titan.
ElSoza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 09:06 AM   #15
Jerazia

Jerazia Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElSoza View Post
I know the starter of the thread had a poor choice of words, but it's almost been 3 months since this was started and still no official answer.
And even more, the fact is the problem isn't getting any better, it's worse. I know there always have been botters and cheats like autoclickers, aimbots and so on, I started around six years ago, but that's not an excuse. So as they will always find a way to cheat we have to accept it? I think thats a mediocre way of answering to botters. In fact, I think if it's so easy to build a bot for programmers, then there should be a way to accurately find them and end them, and I'm sure people like Tommit and others would be happy to help and deal with these as a community.

I absolutely agree with Jerazia,

as I've played the Warrior class during the whole time, I would hate to see their signature skill get TQed (couldn't find a more suitable expression) like so many game features had in CO history.
Sincerely hoping a quicker-than-3-months answer,
ElSoza, Myths, Unicorn/Titan.
I don't have any more hope for their game. They talk like they destroyed botters each update.
To all if you still want to play don't QQ as tq don't care ;tlr Tq sucks
Jerazia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 02:57 PM   #16
User753235153
Rookie

User753235153 Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

hi tommit you got it dead right man but i still think thy should go for the ip address .
User753235153 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-29, 02:43 PM   #17
PatternistSlave

PatternistSlave Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

Quote:
I have been suggesting Player Moderators since the botting epidemic grew to the outrageous ammount of bots being used today.
PLAYER MODS
I personally would love to volunteer for a Player Moderator position and will do it free of charge just to help rid my server of these bots and I am sure theres hundreds out there that would do the same just to play a fair and fun game. People have said to remain unbiased make the PM's in different servers then they play make them play new characters. Here is my suggestion: Leave us in our server because we already know where to look and know who the real bots are and we actually want to play because many dont want to lay a mod all day and leave their accounts on the sideline, dont give us special gears or titles so we are recognised, but leave are characters as is with the ability to temporarily jail players to give them that shot at an appeal. This pending bot jail would hold these accused players until an admin had a chanc to make it official or over rule the decision. We dont want power, we dont want money, we don't want a title...we want to enjoy playing a fair game that is fun for all and not just those who are gaining from use of bots.
Player staff are just NEVER a good idea. I've had player staff teach me how to cheat and not get caught on other games (FTR I did not use that info), gossip w/ me and other friends about the jailings and personal account info of other players, screenie and link to staff only forums, warn me privately to remove posts in public forums when I should have been warned or banned, and generally let me get away w/ murder.

I've seen player staff use their power to grind personal axes, hound players off the game, and jail them for personal affronts.

I've seen players use a past personal altercation w/ a member of player staff to get out of a justified jailing.

I've seen player staff violate game rules w/ impunity and allow their friends to come along for the ride, use their position to sexually harrass female players, and generally undermine player trust in game admin. to behave in an unbiased manner.

IP and proxy bans + actual employee GM presence gets rid of cheaters. Player staff creates a whole new set of problems.
PatternistSlave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-29, 02:52 PM   #18
Tommit
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatternistSlave View Post
Player staff are just NEVER a good idea. I've had player staff teach me how to cheat and not get caught on other games (FTR I did not use that info), gossip w/ me and other friends about the jailings and personal account info of other players, screenie and link to staff only forums, warn me privately to remove posts in public forums when I should have been warned or banned, and generally let me get away w/ murder.

I've seen player staff use their power to grind personal axes, hound players off the game, and jail them for personal affronts.

I've seen players use a past personal altercation w/ a member of player staff to get out of a justified jailing.

I've seen player staff violate game rules w/ impunity and allow their friends to come along for the ride, use their position to sexually harrass female players, and generally undermine player trust in game admin. to behave in an unbiased manner.

IP and proxy bans + actual employee GM presence gets rid of cheaters. Player staff creates a whole new set of problems.
That is why a check system would need to be in place. A temporary jail could confine the player while TQ investigates into it and if it is wrong then that Player Mod would lose his/her status. This is really the only solution I see, because we can report them and they are put out but then back next round. I understand some have their hearts in the wrong places, but however nothing else is being done, so we need something done.
Guild Leader of Ki11az

Old 2012-11-29, 03:10 PM   #19
PatternistSlave

PatternistSlave Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

Quote:
That is why a check system would need to be in place. A temporary jail could confine the player while TQ investigates into it and if it is wrong then that Player Mod would lose his/her status. This is really the only solution I see, because we can report them and they are put out but then back next round. I understand some have their hearts in the wrong places, but however nothing else is being done, so we need something done.
How would that stop other forms of player staff misconduct? I've played too many games w/ player staff; there's always misconduct. It always undermines the authority of and trust people have in game admin..

So you don't think TQ is doing enough to get rid of botters, but you trust them to monitor player staff misconduct?

The best solution for botters is Ip banning and a prohibition on proxies. THAT I've seen work. Is anything ever going to be perfect? Not as long as there are sites making money charging monthly fees for bot programs, and morons who think the ability to google ConquerOnline + bot makes them a "genius". It'll always be an ongoing battle. One it's TQ's responsibility to handle, not the players.
PatternistSlave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 01:28 AM   #20
Tommit
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatternistSlave View Post
How would that stop other forms of player staff misconduct? I've played too many games w/ player staff; there's always misconduct. It always undermines the authority of and trust people have in game admin..

So you don't think TQ is doing enough to get rid of botters, but you trust them to monitor player staff misconduct?

The best solution for botters is Ip banning and a prohibition on proxies. THAT I've seen work. Is anything ever going to be perfect? Not as long as there are sites making money charging monthly fees for bot programs, and morons who think the ability to google ConquerOnline + bot makes them a "genius". It'll always be an ongoing battle. One it's TQ's responsibility to handle, not the players.
However wile we sit back and wait for them to get it dealt with nothing is happening and our enjoyment is being ruined. I have hears that TQ staff can't work around the clock, we jailed them but they are back, we lost the IP trace...meanwhile it's us who cant do daily's us who can't play due to sky rocketing ping, it is us that truly suffer. That's why player mods will work, everywhere bots exist a player mod can get them out of there.

Now you mention the flaws to P-mods and how you see it in other games, but I am an avid gamer as well and have seen the system work flawlessly in other games. Sometimes selecting a good P-mod can truly help make a game more enjoyable. Sure there might be a few bad eggs, but there are those of us more than willing to help without any intentions of becoming power hungry.

Banning IP's and proxies...there are ups and downs to this, one what happens in a shared area such as college campuses, internet cafes, libraries or other places where more than one person might access Conquer? Then what about changing IP's? Just never liked this idea, don't believe in making other suffer from one bad egg.

PS: Find a player willing to P-mod for free strictly voluntarily and you might find someone who's heart is in the right place and only wants to better the game not in it for personal gain.
Guild Leader of Ki11az

Last edited by Tommit83; 2012-11-30 at 01:32 AM..