Old 2011-07-22, 05:10 AM   #21
Muzixs
Rookie

Muzixs Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impulse~ View Post
The effort you put into your character? PLEASE don't tell me you are talking about gears, because everyone knows archer gears are the cheapest in every single server.

Now I'm not saying I don't agree archers need a change, but I will say that I think your logic is a little screwy. No archer should hit 1k damage on anyone. Ever. That simple. 3 arrows per second, 5 if you use shoot/scatter together and 12 if you have cyclone. that means minimum you would be doing 3k damage where you don't even have to click.

Mind you, I am talking about arena, but its pathetic that all an archer has to do is go to the very center of the map, shoot 1 arrow and it automatically fires at the target continuously and no matter where you go you can't stop them from hitting you.

But back to the whole gears thing, I made a +12 p6 -7 coat plume AND bow for under 200 dbs. That is 1 +12 for any other class.

For one i wasnt using logic, this game lacks logic so using my own is pointless... second my "effort" that i put into they char in general doesnt just revolve around my gear (oh an fyi warrior gears are the cheapest), im talking about how i play to get where i am (even though i am where i am is just 6 months...). Im usually among the top 10 in arena, an trust me on my server with all the good monks and tros and a few fire that we have thats pretty dam difficult. This is only because of the spear that i use (+12 132), but because i use this i lose about 6-6.5k hp if im right... but the point is that i shouldn't have to use the spear to get where i am, i should be using what im meant to be using with out a failing because of some faulty bug in boots defense. Maybe 1k a shot is a bit to much idk ive never tested it out so mabye in your case its logical for them to be hitting something higher but not that high, but im getting others saying 1k is ok an seems fair, ur all subjective to your opinions that the point of this thread for u to suggest not insult...for a better lack of words. All i know for a fact is that a full +12 archer with prince in dl spot of a lev 9 guild cant, an will never be able to beat a tro of equal bp. Now you may be able to sit in arena center a shot them where ever they go (though this is not true if u took the time to check ever spot...) but in my case when i vs players with boots of +8 or even +7 this doesn't matter to them an i usually, if im smart, would have to move so as not to die by herc, ss/fb, wwk/direct. But hey maybe u know better idk, idc but to say what i do doesnt take effort is plain ignorance on your part since u dont know who i am or how i play, so yea there alot more skill behide this class (in my case) then you think. So instead of this pointless rant how bout u use some of that logical an make a suggestion towards improving/ fixing this problem.

Name:Bonzaii
Level:130 130 132
Class:Wat War Arch
Muzixs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-22, 05:11 AM   #22
Muzixs
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Matt~ View Post
you answered your own question, FoH is HALF THE RANGE. I would say its even less than half to be honest, but think about this, a flying archer (heck a non flying archer) just bouncing around, right clicking, hitting everything on screen and in the surrounding areas off screen for 1k 2k 3k how ever much of a buff they get. Read the thread about a second archer class, one for hunting, one for pvp, and it was suggested in there for the pvp archer to lose scatter, it was not my suggestion.
hmm. gimme that link

Old 2011-07-22, 05:17 AM   #23
Muzixs
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistressyesumes View Post
WTF not scatter, if you lose scatter you might as well be a fire tao, even fire taos with their OP ass penetration still keep fire of hell which is just scatter with half the range.
yea, honestly in my opinion as a archer, scatter isnt of much use except for in skill tpkt to stop player from getting stamina, an even then i dont feel like im of any use. An though FoH is similar to scatter it really isnt even worth the time to click on it to use it because of its decreased damage an aoe. Idk i could be wrong, ive never used a fire, im just basing this off what ive seen fires do.

Last edited by Skullytion; 2011-07-22 at 10:46 AM..
Old 2011-07-22, 05:19 AM   #24
Muzixs
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4597661 View Post
the archers are not meant to be a powerfull class the are th epoint makers and the stunners and the power levelers of the group and as far as damange goes b4 the talismans cam out i got a archer it IR my fire tao with +5 boots and dodge and he took no damage lol
really another support class then? no no not again, there weak but what ive tested is just silly/pathetic. They use to be amazing, now they got a serious ball an chain placed on them.

Last edited by Skullytion; 2011-07-22 at 05:25 AM..
Old 2011-07-22, 05:19 AM   #25
Muzixs
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impulse~ View Post
The effort you put into your character? PLEASE don't tell me you are talking about gears, because everyone knows archer gears are the cheapest in every single server.

Now I'm not saying I don't agree archers need a change, but I will say that I think your logic is a little screwy. No archer should hit 1k damage on anyone. Ever. That simple. 3 arrows per second, 5 if you use shoot/scatter together and 12 if you have cyclone. that means minimum you would be doing 3k damage where you don't even have to click.

Mind you, I am talking about arena, but its pathetic that all an archer has to do is go to the very center of the map, shoot 1 arrow and it automatically fires at the target continuously and no matter where you go you can't stop them from hitting you.

But back to the whole gears thing, I made a +12 p6 -7 coat plume AND bow for under 200 dbs. That is 1 +12 for any other class.
Ha, im still loling at you

Old 2011-07-22, 08:17 AM   #26

8690281 Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

Just out of curiosity... What kind of damage do archers do with Breakthrough?
8690281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-22, 10:08 AM   #27
~Matt~
Veteran Member

~Matt~ Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8690281 View Post
Just out of curiosity... What kind of damage do archers do with Breakthrough?
breakthrough does not make a difference with arrow damage, if they however, switch to spear, then breakthrough is the same as any other class.. this is why earlier in the thread i suggested a good idea to buff archers without over powering them or under powering them would be a new subclass. Here it is again:

Quote:
introduce a new subclass, which for now, I've called "Piercing". This subclass would be used for bow/arrow damage and basically this would pierce through dodge so for that 1 arrow dodge will not effect the damage. At P9 Piercing, this would offer a 15% chance of activating.
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

How to change your nickname

My Suggestions:
Conquer 3.0
No switching teams in Team PK
Guild Honorary Positions Tweak
~Matt~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-22, 10:14 AM   #28
Muzixs
Rookie

Quote:
breakthrough does not make a difference with arrow damage, if they however, switch to spear, then breakthrough is the same as any other class.. this is why earlier in the thread i suggested a good idea to buff archers without over powering them or under powering them would be a new subclass. Here it is again:
So if i did the tests right, then as u said 1 of the 6 arrows will pirce threw the dodge an hit a damage amount of around 3k (im not taking the bp he loss when he took his boots off into account)if thats the case then a buff really isnt even needed, right?

Old 2011-07-22, 10:15 AM   #29
mistressyesumes

mistressyesumes Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

Quote:
you answered your own question, FoH is HALF THE RANGE. I would say its even less than half to be honest, but think about this, a flying archer (heck a non flying archer) just bouncing around, right clicking, hitting everything on screen and in the surrounding areas off screen for 1k 2k 3k how ever much of a buff they get. Read the thread about a second archer class, one for hunting, one for pvp, and it was suggested in there for the pvp archer to lose scatter, it was not my suggestion.
So keep scatter damage the way it is, even if you add an extra 2000 attack on archers bow they still gonna suck, make it 5000 and they still not even doubled their damage.

Archers need boots to not effect them the way they do, however keep scatter effected by boots.
Guild:|Pur3BlooD|
Guild Position:Deputy Leader
Battle Power:300 (305 with mentor)

Name:mistressyesumes
Server:Volcano
Class:Trojan>Warrior>Archer 130-130-129
Guild:The Akatsuki
Guild Position:Guild Leader

Give Longhammers and Hammers a new skill!
Delete Posion Star!
mistressyesumes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-22, 10:18 AM   #30
Muzixs
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistressyesumes View Post
So keep scatter damage the way it is, even if you add an extra 2000 attack on archers bow they still gonna suck, make it 5000 and they still not even doubled their damage.

Archers need boots to not effect them the way they do, however keep scatter effected by boots.
oh lol if boots didn't effect the damage archers do the way they do now then archers would destroy all classes, because of the way tq has there damage system set up. ill explain something explaining this in my next post. but its understandable why boots are what they are used for, its just the defense they give for players against archers is just to much. Does that make sense?

Last edited by Skullytion; 2011-07-22 at 10:47 AM..