Old 2011-05-27, 05:43 AM   #11
~Matt~
Veteran Member

~Matt~ Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11070032 View Post
1. Who cares where are you from? You in English forum, therefor, speak English.
2. Who is rich in nature? No one! But you can be rich by earning it.
3. "1 Omani Rial =2.59 USD" how much can you make in a Year? compare to U.S?
"plus if u are luck u will be sent by mistake to bot jail and pay CPs to get out enjoy the game " What is this? a last comeback?
People have been mistaken bot jailed, so your words are worthless!

This world is big dude, you haven't learn much! In America, We are not chickens like Third World countries! We fight for what is right. WE HAVE FREEDOM OF SPEED!!!!! Do you even have that right from where you live?
I don't mean to flame.. But if you are going to criticise peoples English, you need to have a decent understanding of the language yourself. People have the right to speak in what ever language they like, so saying they shouldn't speak what's native to them just because you can't understand them is very ignorant.
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

How to change your nickname

My Suggestions:
Conquer 3.0
No switching teams in Team PK
Guild Honorary Positions Tweak
~Matt~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-27, 10:10 AM   #12

11070032 Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Matt~ View Post
I don't mean to flame.. But if you are going to criticise peoples English, you need to have a decent understanding of the language yourself. People have the right to speak in what ever language they like, so saying they shouldn't speak what's native to them just because you can't understand them is very ignorant.
"You in English forum, therefor, speak English."
What is wrong with that? If I live in China, don't I have to speak Chinese? or learn to speak Chinese at least?
I never say anything about they cannot speak their native language? did I?
Now the topic becomes Language differences rather than "Where are the AMERICAN servers"

Ignorant people are people who refuses the Facts and Ideas!!! So correct me if I'm Wrong.............
Old 2011-05-27, 10:21 AM   #13
~Matt~
Veteran Member

Quote:
"You in English forum, therefor, speak English."
What is wrong with that? If I live in China, don't I have to speak Chinese? or learn to speak Chinese at least?
I never say anything about they cannot speak their native language? did I?
Now the topic becomes Language differences rather than "Where are the AMERICAN servers"

Ignorant people are people who refuses the Facts and Ideas!!! So correct me if I'm Wrong.............
Ignorance occurs in many different ways. Telling people to speak you're language because you don't understand them is a form of ignorance.

To your first point, it should read "You're in an English based forum, therefore, you should speak English."

Besides, where does it actually state its an English forum? Just because it seems to be based in English, doesn't make it so. People have the freedom to speak in any language they like.
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

My Suggestions:
Conquer 3.0
Old 2011-05-27, 10:57 AM   #14

Quote:
Ignorance occurs in many different ways. Telling people to speak you're language because you don't understand them is a form of ignorance.

To your first point, it should read "You're in an English based forum, therefore, you should speak English."

Besides, where does it actually state its an English forum? Just because it seems to be based in English, doesn't make it so. People have the freedom to speak in any language they like.
Can you tell me what language is written in the Forum?
What language is the Forum rules written in?

If someone speaks to you, and you are unable to understand that person.
Will you ask that person to speak the language that you can understand?
Since everything is base on English, It is wrong to ask that person speak English?

Let look at American Schools, they teach foreigners English! It is wrong?
Why not teach them in their native language and tests them in their native language?

This Forum is entirely base on English, because it is an International Languages. So it is wrong to people speak English?

Your opinion is different than My, and No one opinion is Right. I'm just Stating from my point of view.
Old 2011-05-27, 11:19 AM   #15
~Matt~
Veteran Member

Quote:
Can you tell me what language is written in the Forum?
What language is the Forum rules written in?

If someone speaks to you, and you are unable to understand that person.
Will you ask that person to speak the language that you can understand?
Since everything is base on English, It is wrong to ask that person speak English?

Let look at American Schools, they teach foreigners English! It is wrong?
Why not teach them in their native language and tests them in their native language?

This Forum is entirely base on English, because it is an International Languages. So it is wrong to people speak English?

Your opinion is different than My, and No one opinion is Right. I'm just Stating from my point of view.
Yes everything is written in English, but it does not mean it's an English forum, there is nothing to say people cannot speak their own language.

Asking people politely to speak in English is different to tell them they have to speak in English, which is what you were doing.

Egyptians are already doing more than you are, they are attempting to learn English and are attempting to speak it in game and on forums, it's not going to be perfect but I don't see you trying to learn Arabic to communicate with them?

Also, English is not the most common language world wide. Here is a list of the top 5.

Quote:
1. Mandarin Chinese - 882 million
2. Spanish - 325 million
3. English - 312-380 million
4. Arabic - 206-422 million
5. Hindi - 181 million
6. Portuguese - 178 million
So if it was being based on that, we should all be typing in mandarin. Also, as you can see, there is potentially more Arabic speaking people world wide than there is English speaking people.

My Suggestions:
Conquer 3.0
Old 2011-05-27, 11:28 AM   #16
Tommit
Veteran Member

Tommit Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

Quote:
Yes everything is written in English, but it does not mean it's an English forum, there is nothing to say people cannot speak their own language.

Asking people politely to speak in English is different to tell them they have to speak in English, which is what you were doing.

Egyptians are already doing more than you are, they are attempting to learn English and are attempting to speak it in game and on forums, it's not going to be perfect but I don't see you trying to learn Arabic to communicate with them?

Also, English is not the most common language world wide. Here is a list of the top 5.

So if it was being based on that, we should all be typing in mandarin. Also, as you can see, there is potentially more Arabic speaking people world wide than there is English speaking people.
From what I heard from others...English is also one of the hardest languages to learn. Due to the many different dialects and use of the same words with different meanings.
I have some Egyptian, Arabic, Phillipine, and Chinese friends in game that talk to me just fine. Yes sometimes it may be hard to figure out exactly what they are trying to say...but it's close enough lol.

Matt- Not sure if it was the VIP or Regular forum...but wasn;t there a choice for English forum in one?
Guild Leader of Ki11az

REAL GAMERS don't need BOTS

Last edited by Tommit83; 2011-05-27 at 11:32 AM..
Tommit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-27, 11:59 AM   #17
~Matt~
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommit View Post
From what I heard from others...English is also one of the hardest languages to learn. Due to the many different dialects and use of the same words with different meanings.
I have some Egyptian, Arabic, Phillipine, and Chinese friends in game that talk to me just fine. Yes sometimes it may be hard to figure out exactly what they are trying to say...but it's close enough lol.

Matt- Not sure if it was the VIP or Regular forum...but wasn;t there a choice for English forum in one?
Yeah, on the regular forums I think there was an Arabic section I believe. I haven't used regular forums in over a year though, so it may have been removed.

My Suggestions:
Conquer 3.0
Old 2011-05-27, 12:15 PM   #18
Tommit
Veteran Member

Tommit Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

Quote:
Yeah, on the regular forums I think there was an Arabic section I believe. I haven't used regular forums in over a year though, so it may have been removed.
Oh ok, I was not sure which since I joined both around the same time lol. But I did remember seeing it somewhere.
Guild Leader of Ki11az

REAL GAMERS don't need BOTS
Tommit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-27, 12:48 PM   #19

Quote:

If the game I play is in Arabic, Yes i will try to speak Arabic!
Your topic is getting broader and broader.
"we should all be typing in mandarin" You can try if you want! But still, this forum is entirely for English Speakers.
For ex: You entire family speak English, and randomly someone comes in and speak Arabic to your family. What should your family do?

This Game and Forum is basically for English speaker!!! Until they Open an Arabic Section!!!!!! You can go there and do whatever you like!!

When you travel around the world!!!! you don't make other to speak your language rather you try to speak their language!!

For now, Everyone is agree that this forum is mostly in ENGLISH!!!!!!!!

MATT, you can start typing Arabic if you like, No one will stop you!
Old 2011-05-27, 02:42 PM   #20
91User169603

91User169603 Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

Yawn honestly what a pointless arguement.

Matt that list you got is off a little the most spoken language is Spanglish a form of spannish crossed with English, reason being there are like 5 diferent types of mandarin 4 diferent types of english etc.etc.etc.

As for there being a pure american/ pure english talking server is very slim as TQ would not be allowed to cut out a whole race from playing a server just because of there language IT IS AGAINST THE LAW.

As for the richest country in the world that my friends is england allways has been and allways will be thats why we earn alot more and pay alot more for the things we want, if you dont believe this check the prices of things for your country and England.

So please if your going to throw facts around try make them right.

Matt not entirely sure if im right about the language thing, there something like that which doesnt make it the most talked language putting it basically you wouldnt say a mexican spoke spannish,even though a mexican and spannish could have a conversation because the language barrier is very slim.
91User169603 is offline   Reply With Quote