Old 2011-09-12, 07:20 PM   #1
Khev
Veteran Member

Khev Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise
Default Server Maintenance Causes Data Erasage?

So has anyone noticed that if you were in TG for a somewhat lengthy amount of time, and a maintenance occurred, that your progress inside TG was erased?

This has happened to me a couple times now, but I thought that I was just hallucinating() or something.

I know that the system says, right when the server closes that you should log off to prevent any data loss, but that hasn't been the case up until just recently.

Could this possibly have anything to do with the more thorough clean-up of servers that they have been doing?

I'll try to provide before and after screenshots whenever I get the chance, hopefully with the time and date clearly shown.

Fixed: Phoenix, Celestial, Seizer , and Penetration.

Fixed Proficiencies: Club, Blade, Dagger, Scepter, Sword, Hook, Axe, Whip, Hammer.

A skill is only as good as the person using it.
The above statement in TQ games is False.
Khev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-12, 09:01 PM   #2
Dark~Colossus
Super Moderator

Dark~Colossus Knight -- on a good road but it's earlyDark~Colossus Knight -- on a good road but it's early

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khev View Post
So has anyone noticed that if you were in TG for a somewhat lengthy amount of time, and a maintenance occurred, that your progress inside TG was erased?

This has happened to me a couple times now, but I thought that I was just hallucinating() or something.

I know that the system says, right when the server closes that you should log off to prevent any data loss, but that hasn't been the case up until just recently.

Could this possibly have anything to do with the more thorough clean-up of servers that they have been doing?

I'll try to provide before and after screenshots whenever I get the chance, hopefully with the time and date clearly shown.
It does say what I bolded, I've heard of people losing a couple of PCT that they gained etc, sometimes I guess the clean up is needed and the point where the server physically disconnects you, it hasn't created a backup as it begins the clean up...

I'm not 100% sure but that seems the logical idea.

Zale 110-127-130
Water-Trojan-Archer

Mausoleum 130 - 130
Monk - Monk

Dark Server
Vanquish

I'm the mod ya'll!

Dark~Colossus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-13, 11:02 AM   #3
Khev
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark~Colossus View Post
It does say what I bolded, I've heard of people losing a couple of PCT that they gained etc, sometimes I guess the clean up is needed and the point where the server physically disconnects you, it hasn't created a backup as it begins the clean up...

I'm not 100% sure but that seems the logical idea.
So my question would be, when would they make a "backup" of you? Since they say that you have to log off to avoid data loss, I'd assume its when you log off? And maybe at certain points in the game?

If so, I'll just set up a task scheduler to kill the conquer.exe process 5 minutes before maintenance. It shouldn't be botjailable, because it comes with my computers system tools, and as it doesn't exactly benefit me in game, but it deters any detrimental effects.

Fixed Proficiencies: Club, Blade, Dagger, Scepter, Sword, Hook, Axe, Whip, Hammer.

Old 2011-09-13, 03:02 PM   #4
Dark~Colossus
Super Moderator

Dark~Colossus Knight -- on a good road but it's earlyDark~Colossus Knight -- on a good road but it's early

Quote:
So my question would be, when would they make a "backup" of you? Since they say that you have to log off to avoid data loss, I'd assume its when you log off? And maybe at certain points in the game?

If so, I'll just set up a task scheduler to kill the conquer.exe process 5 minutes before maintenance. It shouldn't be botjailable, because it comes with my computers system tools, and as it doesn't exactly benefit me in game, but it deters any detrimental effects.
I would guess it is when you log off yeah, must be something to logging off a certain amount of time before the maint?

Just set up it up to disconnect you 5 mins before maints? I can't say for 100% that you wouldn't be botjailed for it but you could have an auto-shut down for your computer or something I should think... I don't work for TQ so I won't take credit either way =p

Zale 110-127-130
Water-Trojan-Archer

Mausoleum 130 - 130
Monk - Monk

Dark Server
Vanquish

I'm the mod ya'll!

Old 2011-09-13, 06:12 PM   #5
Khev
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark~Colossus View Post
I would guess it is when you log off yeah, must be something to logging off a certain amount of time before the maint?

Just set up it up to disconnect you 5 mins before maints? I can't say for 100% that you wouldn't be botjailed for it but you could have an auto-shut down for your computer or something I should think... I don't work for TQ so I won't take credit either way =p
I don't know. Maybe I should ask Meph if it is indeed botjailable. If it is, its like using Task Manager to end conquer.exe because that's basically what it does, in which, many people do it, and its a basic ability for the computer to do, such as running CO in the first place.

Old 2011-09-13, 06:42 PM   #6
Dark~Colossus
Super Moderator

Quote:
I don't know. Maybe I should ask Meph if it is indeed botjailable. If it is, its like using Task Manager to end conquer.exe because that's basically what it does, in which, many people do it, and its a basic ability for the computer to do, such as running CO in the first place.
Well that's just what I would do if CO crashed...

but yes, ask Meph, I agree

Zale 110-127-130
Water-Trojan-Archer

Mausoleum 130 - 130
Monk - Monk

Dark Server
Vanquish

I'm the mod ya'll!

Old 2011-09-13, 08:05 PM   #7
Mephisto
All Hell!

Mephisto King/Queen -- damn goodMephisto King/Queen -- damn goodMephisto King/Queen -- damn goodMephisto King/Queen -- damn goodMephisto King/Queen -- damn goodMephisto King/Queen -- damn goodMephisto King/Queen -- damn goodMephisto King/Queen -- damn good

It's not quite certain for me to tell if there'll be a problem. Technically speaking, using the Task Scheduler to close down a program would be just fine. =)
Old 2011-09-14, 11:34 AM   #8
Tommit
Veteran Member

Tommit Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

Having to log off to prevent lossage from training ground is ridiculous. What if I really want to work a skill up and leave my guy in overnight...then a maintnance occurs...all will be lost due to me going to sleep and a maintnance being at an insane hour for me lol? Must be a way everything can be left alone when forced to log out due to maintnance.
Guild Leader of Ki11az

REAL GAMERS don't need BOTS
Tommit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-14, 01:15 PM   #9
Khev
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommit View Post
Having to log off to prevent lossage from training ground is ridiculous. What if I really want to work a skill up and leave my guy in overnight...then a maintnance occurs...all will be lost due to me going to sleep and a maintnance being at an insane hour for me lol? Must be a way everything can be left alone when forced to log out due to maintnance.
If you have task scheduler, I can tell you what you have to put in for all the fields for it to work. Well, most of it anyways. Waiting for a maint to occur so I can see if it works.