Old 2011-04-26, 01:26 AM   #1
lilbenny12
Rookie

lilbenny12 Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise
Default Tough Drill

hey just wondering can anyone help me decide something ..
im wanting a 2 soc ring but i have a 1 soc ring already , just wondering how often to the tough drills work in making 2nd soc .
i want to know if to use one or would it be cheaper just to buy a 2nd soc
well thank hope people can help , lilbenny tiger 118 tro
lilbenny12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-26, 02:34 AM   #2
SexyTexan87

SexyTexan87 Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbenny12 View Post
hey just wondering can anyone help me decide something ..
im wanting a 2 soc ring but i have a 1 soc ring already , just wondering how often to the tough drills work in making 2nd soc .
i want to know if to use one or would it be cheaper just to buy a 2nd soc
well thank hope people can help , lilbenny tiger 118 tro
I used two and got a whopping 0 socs.
To remain Selfless, Cold, and Composed
Come on baby,
Now throw me a right to the chin
Don't just stare like you never cared
I know you did
But you just smile
Like a bank teller
Blankly telling me,
"Have a nice life."
SexyTexan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-26, 04:14 AM   #3
Twoflower

Twoflower Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

Might be worth doing if your ring is something like a +12, I guess, but otherwise (if possible) I'd normally buy the item rather than making it. If you *have to* try making it, it might be worth trying to buy star drills instead of tough drills.

I've tried making second sockets with tough drills quite a few times: almost every time I ended up with 7 star drills I had to use to make the item. I'd say my rate of getting a second socket without going through 7 tough drills is somewhere around 5%.

Before someone goes picking up on the fact that I've done it a lot of times but say I'd normally buy the item...I've been playing a long time and some things just haven't been available to buy within a reasonable time. Like 2-sock monk frocks.
Old 2011-04-26, 06:13 AM   #4
lilbenny12
Rookie

lilbenny12 Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoflower View Post
Might be worth doing if your ring is something like a +12, I guess, but otherwise (if possible) I'd normally buy the item rather than making it. If you *have to* try making it, it might be worth trying to buy star drills instead of tough drills.

I've tried making second sockets with tough drills quite a few times: almost every time I ended up with 7 star drills I had to use to make the item. I'd say my rate of getting a second socket without going through 7 tough drills is somewhere around 5%.

Before someone goes picking up on the fact that I've done it a lot of times but say I'd normally buy the item...I've been playing a long time and some things just haven't been available to buy within a reasonable time. Like 2-sock monk frocks.
its only +5 its just ive looking to buy in my server now for awhile and no1s selling but thanks for the tips
lilbenny12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-26, 08:37 AM   #5
tet

tet Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

It depends on prices on your server. If the 2-soc is nearly the same price as 7 tough drills, then I'd say go for the drills. I say this because if you happen to get lucky, you can use the Star Drills from the failures to go towards any other item you want 2-soc thus making it cheaper overall.
tet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-26, 04:49 PM   #6
Sorr
Rookie

Sorr Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

Quote:

2 post rookie but i been playing since Kylin was server #3

buy someones i soc uni frock and pay 54 cps to lower it to 15. Now up it to lvl 22. Tough drill it and goes 2 soc at least it has for me 4 out of 4 tries for my monk and some friends. Just saying

Last edited by blowa09; 2011-04-26 at 04:51 PM.. Reason: add on
Sorr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-26, 05:08 PM   #7
Khev
Veteran Member

Khev Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorr View Post

buy someones i soc uni frock and pay 54 cps to lower it to 15. Now up it to lvl 22. Tough drill it and goes 2 soc at least it has for me 4 out of 4 tries for my monk and some friends. Just saying
So, it works on the first try every time? I guess I shouldn't do the same for my 1 soc ring cause its super. I'll just buy another one or use StarDrills I guess.

Fixed: Phoenix, Celestial, Seizer , and Penetration.

Fixed Proficiencies: Club, Blade, Dagger, Scepter, Sword, Hook, Axe, Whip, Hammer.

A skill is only as good as the person using it.
The above statement in TQ games is False.
Khev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-27, 01:14 PM   #8
Twoflower

Twoflower Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorr View Post

I tried that already, didn't work for me. Maybe I'm just very unlucky with making second sockets.
Old 2011-04-27, 03:07 PM   #9
minus
Rookie

minus Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

i used 11 and got 0, then my 12th and 13th made two 2socs in a row, so idk...
minus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-27, 03:09 PM   #10
minus
Rookie

minus Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

Quote:
I tried that already, didn't work for me. Maybe I'm just very unlucky with making second sockets.
the lower the lvl, plus and quality, the higher the chance...same thing for upgrading quality in TC....
minus is offline   Reply With Quote