View Poll Results: should TQ allow players to transfer servers to include the gears, and donation?
YES! explain 93 88.57%
NO! explain 10 9.52%
Maybe! explain 2 1.90%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-05-08, 12:14 PM   #11
~Matt~
Veteran Member

~Matt~ Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephisto View Post
In fact, the server transfer gets underway, right now the only problem is how we can prevent this service from being abused and exploited by some malevolent players to break apart the balance in other servers.

We are taking every aspect of the game into consideration, that's why it's still not publicly available. This type of service is always being worked on and improved to its relative perfection.

I agree with the OP on that time differentials thing, most people when talking about the transfer mentioned that they really want to move on to another server due to the inevitable timezone effect. Yep, I'll keep an eye on it and see how it will go in the next couple of weeks.
I think the fairest thing to do, and i have stated it before, is make 3-4 brand new european servers, and give all the european players in US based servers the opportunity for a free transfer to a brand new server, taking gears, nobility, etc, with them. This, to me, sounds the fairest way to offer europeans a chance to get to their own time zone.
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

How to change your nickname

My Suggestions:
Conquer 3.0
No switching teams in Team PK
Guild Honorary Positions Tweak
~Matt~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-09, 11:35 AM   #12
Fudo

Fudo Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Matt~ View Post
I think the fairest thing to do, and i have stated it before, is make 3-4 brand new european servers, and give all the european players in US based servers the opportunity for a free transfer to a brand new server, taking gears, nobility, etc, with them.
The problem with that, while it sounds great on the surface, is why should only eur players get a free pass to a different server? What if Im in the US, dont like my server but am stuck here since this is where i sunk my money? Maybe I want to go to a diff US server where my pals are. Hell, maybe i WANT to go to a eur server! Why does a eur get to move and I dont? TQ would never hear the end of it. No, whatever happens has to happen the same for everyone, and thats a tough one to call. Unfortunately, there will always be someone somewhere who is unhappy with the outcome, but hopefully it will be fair and equal for all players everywhere. I am interested in hearing more about it tho, such as expected timeline (lol, i know, i know) and more details. Mephisto, can ya give us anything new?
Fudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-09, 01:22 PM   #13
~Matt~
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudo View Post
The problem with that, while it sounds great on the surface, is why should only eur players get a free pass to a different server? What if Im in the US, dont like my server but am stuck here since this is where i sunk my money? Maybe I want to go to a diff US server where my pals are. Hell, maybe i WANT to go to a eur server! Why does a eur get to move and I dont? TQ would never hear the end of it. No, whatever happens has to happen the same for everyone, and thats a tough one to call. Unfortunately, there will always be someone somewhere who is unhappy with the outcome, but hopefully it will be fair and equal for all players everywhere. I am interested in hearing more about it tho, such as expected timeline (lol, i know, i know) and more details. Mephisto, can ya give us anything new?
Im not saying US players can't move.. as server transfer will be available to all, however, nobility will be wiped on transfer. But, for many old players, there were no european servers around when they signed up which is why im suggesting completely new servers just for europeans to move to which takes everything.

If your a US in a US server and want to move server, yes, you should lose something, same as if your a Euro in Euro server and want to move server you should also lose something.

What im suggesting is a way for TQ to be kind for those players that never had the option.
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

My Suggestions:
Conquer 3.0
Old 2011-05-09, 11:51 PM   #14
ArmyGuy

ArmyGuy Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

or to make things fair open 3 new servers one for each region and allow you to move to the one of your choice but also allowing you to go to a pre-existing server like if you play nature thunder you can move to one of the other servers currently open
ArmyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-10, 07:43 AM   #15
Mephisto
All Hell!

Mephisto King/Queen -- damn goodMephisto King/Queen -- damn goodMephisto King/Queen -- damn goodMephisto King/Queen -- damn goodMephisto King/Queen -- damn goodMephisto King/Queen -- damn goodMephisto King/Queen -- damn goodMephisto King/Queen -- damn good

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyGuy View Post
or to make things fair open 3 new servers one for each region and allow you to move to the one of your choice but also allowing you to go to a pre-existing server like if you play nature thunder you can move to one of the other servers currently open
Umm, set up 3 completely new servers just to brace themselves for the upcoming traffic from other servers?

Then what happened to the old servers? Merge them with other servers and shorten the names?

There is one theory set in place, I don't know if this could be altered or changed, but that's the mainstream theory thus far. The theory includes:

New servers cannot be chosen as the destination server if you want to move out from your server.

Classic servers don't allow players to move in, but it's permitted to get out.

Every player will ONLY be given one chance per half year to pay and pull stakes from the original server, and the previous two laws are still in effect.

---

That's what I've got so far, it's not finalized yet, maybe the agreement on how this will work will be reached, I'll let you guys know how it works.
Old 2011-05-10, 07:49 AM   #16
~Matt~
Veteran Member

Quote:
Umm, set up 3 completely new servers just to brace themselves for the upcoming traffic from other servers?

Then what happened to the old servers? Merge them with other servers and shorten the names?

There is one theory set in place, I don't know if this could be altered or changed, but that's the mainstream theory thus far. The theory includes:

New servers cannot be chosen as the destination server if you want to move out from your server.

Classic servers don't allow players to move in, but it's permitted to get out.

Every player will ONLY be given one chance per half year to pay and pull stakes from the original server, and the previous two laws are still in effect.

---

That's what I've got so far, it's not finalized yet, maybe the agreement on how this will work will be reached, I'll let you guys know how it works.
Man, seriously, try and push for a few completely new euro servers, for us euro players to simply move straight too as when many of us started, there was not a choice to be in a euro server.. And from the sounds of it, to move to any other server, we will lose nobility, which is a kick in the balls when you have a high nobility!

Basically the servers I'm suggesting, open on the day of server transfer, which gives no unfair advantage, as it will instantly be filled with European players moving server..

My Suggestions:
Conquer 3.0
Old 2011-05-10, 07:52 AM   #17
Mephisto
All Hell!

Mephisto King/Queen -- damn goodMephisto King/Queen -- damn goodMephisto King/Queen -- damn goodMephisto King/Queen -- damn goodMephisto King/Queen -- damn goodMephisto King/Queen -- damn goodMephisto King/Queen -- damn goodMephisto King/Queen -- damn good

Quote:
Man, seriously, try and push for a few completely new euro servers, for us euro players to simply move straight too as when many of us started, there was not a choice to be in a euro server.. And from the sounds of it, to move to any other server, we will lose nobility, which is a kick in the balls when you have a high nobility!

Basically the servers I'm suggesting, open on the day of server transfer, which gives no unfair advantage, as it will instantly be filled with European players moving server..
You got a point, I'll suggest it to my higher up tomorrow when I'm doing my weekly report.

Off topic, the forum is not as active as expected and the suggestions are not as many as that in the CO forum, where Hemp is in charge. =/

Is there something I did wrong?
Old 2011-05-10, 07:57 AM   #18
~Matt~
Veteran Member

Quote:

Is there something I did wrong?
No, not at all, With regular forums, suggestions get suggested time and time again, and can be accessed by everyone, where here is a lot smaller community as well, you have to be a db buyer to access these forums..

and it may be down to the fact not all that many people know too much about these forums.. heck, even the regular forums have taken a sharp decline in active members from where i see.. the chit-chat section for server specific used to receive tons of new threads a day, now i see it, lucky to get a new thread a week for snowwhite

My Suggestions:
Conquer 3.0
Old 2011-05-10, 08:01 AM   #19
Mephisto
All Hell!

Quote:
No, not at all, With regular forums, suggestions get suggested time and time again, and can be accessed by everyone, where here is a lot smaller community as well, you have to be a db buyer to access these forums..

and it may be down to the fact not all that many people know too much about these forums.. heck, even the regular forums have taken a sharp decline in active members from where i see.. the chit-chat section for server specific used to receive tons of new threads a day, now i see it, lucky to get a new thread a week for snowwhite
Umm, guess I'll have to get myself together and brace myself for another big event on the forum then.

I need to think what kind of event is doable. Other than giving up dragon balls, something like that, oh wait, do you guys have twitter accounts? and how often do you guys update the twitter or facebook?
Old 2011-05-10, 08:05 AM   #20
~Matt~
Veteran Member

Quote:
Umm, guess I'll have to get myself together and brace myself for another big event on the forum then.

I need to think what kind of event is doable. Other than giving up dragon balls, something like that, oh wait, do you guys have twitter accounts? and how often do you guys update the twitter or facebook?
I personally don't have twitter, although, it is popular.. facebook is about my limit of social networking.. lol..
There is loads of events that are possible.. think (bound) items that have uses.. i'd just stress not to do events too often, or people will expect more and more, and when you don't do one, there will be complaints!

My Suggestions:
Conquer 3.0

Tags
moving chara, server transfer, transfer