No, i dont feel there aren't doing anything 27 61.36%
I feel they are but it isnt enough 15 34.09%
i really don't care about the issue 1 2.27%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-03-24, 07:34 AM   #1
User330565203

User330565203 Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise
Default Botting

I would like to gather information about how you all feel about TQ so called atempts to stop the botting.

in the last 6 months the botting in my server has gotten worse. there 2 guilds full of botters and they give the info to there members to get the bots and how to use them.

in the last year all TQ has done was up the cost of getting out of bot jail 2 times and that was a joke. they tried to change the client encryption with another open source one which was a joke.

I honestly feel TQ doesn't really care about the bot's other wise there would of been more things done to stop this issue (massive banning with names posted on web site of charaters and which server. If people saw accounts being banned it would make more people think twice about botting.).
User330565203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 08:26 AM   #2
~Matt~
Veteran Member

~Matt~ Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

Quote:
Originally Posted by User330565203 View Post
I would like to gather information about how you all feel about TQ so called atempts to stop the botting.

in the last 6 months the botting in my server has gotten worse. there 2 guilds full of botters and they give the info to there members to get the bots and how to use them.

in the last year all TQ has done was up the cost of getting out of bot jail 2 times and that was a joke. they tried to change the client encryption with another open source one which was a joke.

I honestly feel TQ doesn't really care about the bot's other wise there would of been more things done to stop this issue (massive banning with names posted on web site of charaters and which server. If people saw accounts being banned it would make more people think twice about botting.).
Far better thread than the previous one. I feel TQ are trying to sort the issue, however, they are extremely slow in implementing new methods so the bot creators are always two steps ahead.

My personal opinion is, get caught botting = banned. No second chances. The current bot jail system is a joke, they are basically saying it's ok to bot, but be prepared to pay us a small fee if we catch you, and then if we catch you again you will have to pay a larger fee, and then if we catch you again we wont let you lot that account any more.

Well quite honestly, if someone's stupid enough to get jailed twice, they wouldn't be stupid enough to get jailed again on that account and would simply make a new accounts where they got 3 new attempts!
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

How to change your nickname

My Suggestions:
Conquer 3.0
No switching teams in Team PK
Guild Honorary Positions Tweak
~Matt~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 09:09 AM   #3
User330565203

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Matt~ View Post
Far better thread than the previous one. I feel TQ are trying to sort the issue, however, they are extremely slow in implementing new methods so the bot creators are always two steps ahead.

My personal opinion is, get caught botting = banned. No second chances. The current bot jail system is a joke, they are basically saying it's ok to bot, but be prepared to pay us a small fee if we catch you, and then if we catch you again you will have to pay a larger fee, and then if we catch you again we wont let you lot that account any more.

Well quite honestly, if someone's stupid enough to get jailed twice, they wouldn't be stupid enough to get jailed again on that account and would simply make a new accounts where they got 3 new attempts!
I know what you about them just making new accounts. I know of a botter in my server that made a new account once he was full +12 after botting his gear there. whats wrong with that picture? I spend money on the game just to have some low life get better gear then me because he has to cheat and doesnt want to pay.

That is not fair, and all he got was a little slap on the hand when he got caught and TQ cant figure out why more and more people are botting.

Because its a joke the bot jail system.
Old 2012-03-24, 10:39 AM   #4
~Matt~
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by User330565203 View Post
I know what you about them just making new accounts. I know of a botter in my server that made a new account once he was full +12 after botting his gear there. whats wrong with that picture? I spend money on the game just to have some low life get better gear then me because he has to cheat and doesnt want to pay.

That is not fair, and all he got was a little slap on the hand when he got caught and TQ cant figure out why more and more people are botting.

Because its a joke the bot jail system.
Yes, exactly. One person on my server has been botjailed 8 times (yes you read that right) He keeps switching character on his last chance and just cuts his losses with nobility. Then to get to 140 quick again he simply bots lots of noob apprentices and within 2-3 months he's 140 again!
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

My Suggestions:
Conquer 3.0
Old 2012-03-24, 11:07 AM   #5
User330565203

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Matt~ View Post
Yes, exactly. One person on my server has been botjailed 8 times (yes you read that right) He keeps switching character on his last chance and just cuts his losses with nobility. Then to get to 140 quick again he simply bots lots of noob apprentices and within 2-3 months he's 140 again!
something is wrong with that picture when the bot jail is not working as a deterrent. I say it is time for tougher action and i believe if caught botting then an automatic ban, as well have more GMs and get PMs that have to write reports to the GM and show with the logs what they found the player doing and what hack was used, then the GM bans the player. The PM puts them in bot jail till the GM decides what to do and no more buying your way out its left to the GM to choose.
Old 2012-03-24, 03:05 PM   #6
User548421626

User548421626 Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

Oh look... it's this thread... again.
User548421626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-29, 07:18 AM   #7
User848875373

User848875373 Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

To the poster. Please verify if the second vote means "No, I feel they are not doing anything"? Just wanna clarify before i cast my vote. Thank you....
User848875373 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-30, 04:11 PM   #8
User701685606

User701685606 Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

GET RID OF THEM JESUS! THEY AINT DOING NOTHING!

I Eat Bots for Breakfast!

Nathan<3Katie
User701685606 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-30, 10:22 PM   #9
~Matt~
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by User848875373 View Post
To the poster. Please verify if the second vote means "No, I feel they are not doing anything"? Just wanna clarify before i cast my vote. Thank you....
Yes, I believe that is what was meant!

My Suggestions:
Conquer 3.0
Old 2012-03-31, 01:56 AM   #10
~*ThatGuy*~

~*ThatGuy*~ Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

I feel they are but it isnt enough, more needs to be done but at what cost? So far tq removed 2nd maps, personally that was a bad move now they are all over the place. Im starting off on a new server and its so hard to lvl cause of the ninjas jumping all over the place its terrible. What about removing a class? All the botters seem to be lvling Ninjas so put more restrictions. At least temporary just to see how they re-act. Like make it harder for them to gain exp from mobs, put a limit on the FS, Dont allow them to do equipment quest....idk somethings better that removing maps, quest, etc...
~*ThatGuy*~ is offline   Reply With Quote