View Poll Results: Which one is to your liking? Guild PK or CTF(Capture the Flag)
Guild PK 57 73.08%
Capture the Flag 21 26.92%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-03-26, 06:24 PM   #21
LadyGothica

LadyGothica Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

Honestly, Guild PK was a bit better on fairness to guilds that don't have at least 3 full +12s or more running around. I also liked the guild fund boost that it gave. But in my opinion it was waaaaay too long. Your pretty much spending an entire week doing it and its exhausting. Hince why I like CTF, but like others said... there's not enough poles.

When your on a crowded server that has about 10 active guilds and at least 5 of those guilds, (again reference to full +12s), have a bunch of full +12s literally keeping you from doing anything at all... then what are you supposed to do? I still fight for my guild but it becomes very difficult to do anything especially with only 3 poles to go around 10 guilds with lol.

Hmm... maybe have a mix of Guild Qualifier and CTF? A bit of sunshine in a crapstorm eh? lol
LadyGothica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-27, 08:17 AM   #22
Impulse~

Impulse~ Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

You should only be able to occupy 1 flag area, and once you occupy a post you cannot leave that area. There is a guild with 8 trojans, 4 of them full +12 on my server. They had 1 full +12 at each flag just hercing... Guess who took first place?
Impulse~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-27, 03:29 PM   #23
Waterwing
Rookie

Waterwing Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

Guild Pk is much better. It ran 5 nights out of the week, so all but 1 night we had an event going on in CO. Guild PK is also much more active for us players rather then just hunting down flags to take back to the base in CTF. That gets kind of boring.
Waterwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-27, 04:59 PM   #24

12307557 Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittyk View Post
To me seems will be like gw , the bulkers on our server posted 2 of their +12 s and killed everyone so they had all bases. Should only be allowed to take one
so there is a chance for the others too

Exactly why I don't like CTF way to much like the existing guild wars in that sense. At least with guild pk all guilds that choose to go, have some chance of winning. First CTF on our server saw one guild dominate all 3 flag poles, even ticked off a number of bulkers to the point they just stopped participating in it half way through the first one. Now image how the average guild feels when they don't even got a prayer to get any points..hmmm
12307557 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-27, 05:09 PM   #25
LadyGothica

Quote:
Originally Posted by User103037663 View Post
You should only be able to occupy 1 flag area, and once you occupy a post you cannot leave that area. There is a guild with 8 trojans, 4 of them full +12 on my server. They had 1 full +12 at each flag just hercing... Guess who took first place?
LOL! Wouldn't happen to have been Hasa would it? And trust me I know lol, that's why I said what I did in my last post.

When I started the Pegasus server, everyone was all about skill.... If you didn't have skill, you had nothing. Then later it became a quest for power over dominion...... Frankly I don't like the idea of bowing down to anyone or anything... Especially pixelated characters on a game lol. That's another reason Herc needs to goooooooooooo!

People don't feel like being bullied around and treated as if they are worthless when they have the potential to be greater than some dude that just paypalled his way into stardom. People that use gear to control and don't deserve respect of any kind.....

Its like handing the keys to a brand new Lamborghini to your 13 year old kid and saying, "Have fun and try not to wreck her "
Old 2011-03-28, 04:08 AM   #26
Kalika

Kalika Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise
Default What if they combined the flags into the original Guild PKT?

The smaller guilds seemed to like the flags, but are overpowered when it is more than one guild on the playing field. That's where the original guild pk was more fun.

What if guild members could collect flags as a second way to gain points in Guild PKT? Or bring back flags to do damage to the pole? Many times under-powered guilds are easily beat by just 2 +12's, one guarding each pole, but the flags together would increase member interest in the original Guild PKT.
Kalika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-28, 11:27 AM   #27
General~

General~ Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

I like the guild pk more then CTF but i like the the set up of the CTF
General~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-28, 03:04 PM   #28
AniKame
Rookie

AniKame Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise
Default Sux

Capture The Flag, IMO, is probably the worst event on here. I mean, you have a bunch of Guilds going after only 3 flag bases. I appreciate TQ trying to make to bring in better stuff, but this is not one of them. Even smaller Guilds had a better chance of getting in one of the 8 spots for Guild PK. Now, especially in my server, they dont have a chance.
AniKame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-28, 11:52 PM   #29
LadyGothica

Quote:
Originally Posted by AniKame View Post
Capture The Flag, IMO, is probably the worst event on here. I mean, you have a bunch of Guilds going after only 3 flag bases. I appreciate TQ trying to make to bring in better stuff, but this is not one of them. Even smaller Guilds had a better chance of getting in one of the 8 spots for Guild PK. Now, especially in my server, they dont have a chance.

But what if they made changes too it though? Would you give it a test and try it out?

Only reason I didn't like Guild Qualifier / Guild PK was:

1) PK Map for killing monsters.................... killing... monsters... come'on -.-

2) Was too exhausting, with all the other stuff going on durring the week.

Monday - Guild Qualifier
Tuesday - 1st match of Guild PK
Wednesday - 2nd match
Thursday - 3rd match
Friday - Elite PK
Saturday - Team PK, Guild PK Finals, (possible) Guild War
Sunday - (possible Guild War)

**Note** That doesn't include things like Class PK and etc, Clan War, and whatnot.

To me that's just TOO much CO for me durring the week and having to go to bed RIGHT after and get up uber early for work. Yes, I could choose not to go to certain events, but as a Guild Leader I feels its more of an obligation to go instead of going for fun. Don't get me wrong I like having stuff to do and all, just too much of a good thing can be bad :P
that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to Thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be."

"In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti."

Myths / Basilisk - Pegasus - Medusa
LadyGo†hica - Wat / War / Tro
131-131-134
Guild Leader - Quo Vadis

Last edited by ladygothica1984; 2011-03-28 at 11:54 PM..
Old 2011-03-29, 01:50 AM   #30
Kittyk
Rookie

Kittyk Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise
Default It's like gw on steroids

I think that capture the flag is an epic failure. We had fun actually fighting in guild pk. This is just a mess and the powerhouse (by gears only) guild takes all 3 poles. They don't have the skill so they die easy in skill pk. But this is just a bloodbath
Kittyk is offline   Reply With Quote