View Poll Results: Should this idea be added?
Yes 46 75.41%
No 7 11.48%
Maybe, with some changes (add them to the thread) 8 13.11%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-12-07, 06:21 PM   #11
Khev
Veteran Member

Khev Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

This would be perfect... except for the case of bias. Anyone could become friends with the GM and they would probably be immune to any banning, and the same for the other way around. If someone didn't like the GM, they would be banned for no reason.

Fixed: Phoenix, Celestial, Seizer , and Penetration.

Fixed Proficiencies: Club, Blade, Dagger, Scepter, Sword, Hook, Axe, Whip, Hammer.

A skill is only as good as the person using it.
The above statement in TQ games is False.
Khev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 06:24 PM   #12
Vanish

Vanish Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoHnHnG View Post
This would be perfect... except for the case of bias. Anyone could become friends with the GM and they would probably be immune to any banning, and the same for the other way around. If someone didn't like the GM, they would be banned for no reason.
Hence the the whole pre ban jail thing, if you dont complain, you stay there, but if you do, the GM needs to provde their proof, and think about it, if a certain GM wrongly bot jails too many ppl, i don't think they would stay a GM for much longer.

Eternity
Sin_Bunny
tro-tro-tro-arch-tro-nin-nin-nin-monk-war-fire
130-132-134

Currently ranked 5th on the top KO board for my server.
http://co.rank.91.com/enzf/ko.aspx

I deliberately spell words wrong. Call me out on it.
Vanish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 07:39 PM   #13
MonsterDo

MonsterDo Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
Hence the the whole pre ban jail thing, if you dont complain, you stay there, but if you do, the GM needs to provde their proof, and think about it, if a certain GM wrongly bot jails too many ppl, i don't think they would stay a GM for much longer.
if they go with the proof thing it wouldn't be so different from my suggestion of being suspended until proven guilty with solid proof when i was wrongfully jailed
Old 2011-12-08, 04:29 AM   #14
~Matt~
Veteran Member

~Matt~ Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

I think it's a good idea, but it would be important to be put in a server where you currently have no connections. And all botjailing/banning would have to be approved by an actual GM so the PM's don't get power mad.
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

How to change your nickname

My Suggestions:
Conquer 3.0
No switching teams in Team PK
Guild Honorary Positions Tweak
~Matt~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-08, 06:26 AM   #15

8690281 Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

This is a very good idea. I agree that the PGMs should not be on any server they play on and should not have any power to create any items or gold/silvers and should not be able to conduct trades of any kind.

They should be able to instantly pre-botjail botters and should immediately send all evidence to the GMs (not wait for the botter to complain). This would get botters off the server faster. Only GMs should be able to permanently botjail or ban accounts.

Note: PGMs should not have any access to our account info, as that could cause some serious damage...
8690281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-08, 07:04 AM   #16
Sayayin

Sayayin Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

I'd totally go for this. Gets sickening tired of watching everyone cheating and not able to do do anything about it.
Sayayin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-08, 03:59 PM   #17
Dark~Colossus
Super Moderator

Dark~Colossus Knight -- on a good road but it's earlyDark~Colossus Knight -- on a good road but it's early

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterDo View Post
if they go with the proof thing it wouldn't be so different from my suggestion of being suspended until proven guilty with solid proof when i was wrongfully jailed
That's where I got the idea =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Matt~ View Post
I think it's a good idea, but it would be important to be put in a server where you currently have no connections. And all botjailing/banning would have to be approved by an actual GM so the PM's don't get power mad.
Yeah that's true, but the idea is that it's when players are active. No point putting a US player PM'ing a EU server... I do agree though.

And guys, it's not something that's gunna be suggested in a meeting and forgotten about, I'm putting together a full report which will go directly to the managers/designers.

*POLL ADDED*

Zale 110-127-130
Water-Trojan-Archer

Mausoleum 130 - 130
Monk - Monk

Dark Server
Vanquish

I'm the mod ya'll!

Dark~Colossus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-08, 04:24 PM   #18
~Matt~
Veteran Member

~Matt~ Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark~Colossus View Post
That's where I got the idea =)

Yeah that's true, but the idea is that it's when players are active. No point putting a US player PM'ing a EU server... I do agree though.

And guys, it's not something that's gunna be suggested in a meeting and forgotten about, I'm putting together a full report which will go directly to the managers/designers.

*POLL ADDED*
Yes, sure keep people to their right timezones, but again, a server they have never played and have no connections with.

The poll is bugged. there isn't meant to be poll's in this section so re-make in the poll section
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

How to change your nickname

My Suggestions:
Conquer 3.0
No switching teams in Team PK
Guild Honorary Positions Tweak
~Matt~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-08, 06:36 PM   #19
Vanish

Vanish Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Matt~ View Post
Yes, sure keep people to their right timezones, but again, a server they have never played and have no connections with.

The poll is bugged. there isn't meant to be poll's in this section so re-make in the poll section
TBH time zones don't matter so much, as us being PGM's we are really there to help catch botters, not so much to help players.

Eternity
Sin_Bunny
tro-tro-tro-arch-tro-nin-nin-nin-monk-war-fire
130-132-134

Currently ranked 5th on the top KO board for my server.
http://co.rank.91.com/enzf/ko.aspx

I deliberately spell words wrong. Call me out on it.
Vanish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-08, 07:29 PM   #20
Dark~Colossus
Super Moderator

Dark~Colossus Knight -- on a good road but it's earlyDark~Colossus Knight -- on a good road but it's early

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
TBH time zones don't matter so much, as us being PGM's we are really there to help catch botters, not so much to help players.
Well yes and no... At peak time in EU, most Americans are at school or work. And at Peak time in US, most EU are asleep (or probably not if they are addicted to here).

I still want to put across the arguement that it'd be good to moniter your own server, although yes it would probably tempt people to misbehave (that's the idea of the selection process - to weed them out), because if they were on an alt or even their main, and they spot a botter, they could actually do something about it... I think people would end up moving to the server they were 'patrolling' just simply so they could fix their own server. People try a lot harder when it's "their" server they're fixing...

Zale 110-127-130
Water-Trojan-Archer

Mausoleum 130 - 130
Monk - Monk

Dark Server
Vanquish

I'm the mod ya'll!

Dark~Colossus is offline   Reply With Quote