Don't Remove it/Other (Explain) 52 65.82%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-09-10, 01:27 AM   #21
IKillAll

Location: Somewhere in a hole digging my way to the center of the Earth
IKillAll Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHot View Post
This is the dumbest argument i've ever seen in my life. waters are there for support! honestly other then the fact they can rev azure shield is the only them thing that remotely puts them on the map. if you guys wanna argue this point. monks should only chain themselves. they shouldn't be able to chain someone else. see how stupid that sounds? if they remove azure shield from being castable on other players nobody will play water anymore imo. waters are underpowered even as a support class.
OBJECTION!!!

Well besides Waters were never supposed to have any power anyways except for support, the entire point of azure shield was to help them survive longer, not to spam on other players while they frantically run away to regain the small amount of stamina that they used only to recast. BTW!! people will still play water since they are essential to GW/Skill Team PK/Weekly PK/ hell they even do well solo in the low level divisions on their own with decent gear. The only class that is dying out is the Warrior since it can't dish out decent dmg against others(No AOE or sure hit skills like tornado) since they have to rely on actual skill, well except those who bot, if any.

+12 Warrior Headband(Perm P6 Melee)-5
+7 Necklace(Perm P6)-5
+12 Spear(Perm P6)-5
+12 Warrior Armor(Perm P6 Melee)-5
+12 Shield(Perm P6)-5
+7 Boots(Perm P6)-7
+7 Heavy Ring(Perm P6)-5
+7 Steed(Frostbite)
+7 Fan-1
+7 Tower-1
+7 Crop
Roaring Chow-1

New Server, New Life
IKillAll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-10, 11:27 AM   #22
Boots

Boots Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

ok so water shield only on waters?, why not make stig only castable on waters too then oh and revive and heals.... its a support skill, not really op to any higher levels mostly for 120-below where they dont have the damage output to do over 12k to someone.. in most cases this isnt really a problem either on my server although the shields a pain just stop crying about it its not op..
Ûñdëƒìñêd Deputy Leader
Duke
356 Battle power
Super SDG/SDG +12 -7 Hood
Super SDG/SDG +7 -7 Necky
Super SDG/SDG +12 -7 Katana
Super SDG/SDG +12 -7 Katana
Super SDG/SDG +12 -7 Armor
Super SDG/SDG +12 -7 Ring
Super SDG/SDG +8 -7 Boots
Super STG/STG +7 -1 Fan
Super SGG/SGG +8 -1 Tower
Super +8 -1 RidingCrop
Spotted Steed +12
JadeHare -1
Gourd -1
Boots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-11, 06:21 AM   #23
TheSandMan
Rookie

TheSandMan Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise
Default azure shield

I agree with tommit. The shield should stay, but only be able to be cast on the pure water, not all players.
TheSandMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-11, 03:43 PM   #24
Rookie

5634596 Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

monks can use soul shackle on people.. and thats annoying as shit, so as much as azure shield is a pain in the ass for team pk or arena etc.. its still a supportive skill.. jus like normal shield and stig, back when talis wernt invented and if u had +5 gears u was 1 of the best on the server, the shield and stig caused a massive effect to attk and def, so as the game has been upgraded to give more power to people they also have to consider giving the supportive class a more powerful shield or stig, now im not a water im a monk n i do hate the skill.. but like some1 said on the post waters will be useless without some kind of attack or defence even if they are a supportive class they still have to protect themselves
5634596 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-11, 10:11 PM   #25
Tommit
Veteran Member

Tommit Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

Monks casting soul shackle on others is not to support the one it is casted on and help the one that it s casted upon dominate anythign pk related though. You all have gone out of context with this. Casting soul shackle on a player disables them from being revived or reving themselves for some time thus allowing that monk a chance to wipe out others without having to worry about that revived character coming back after them.

Azure shield greatly increases defense and attack while it is on anyone of any class. So this being on waters only allows that water to survive longer and attack harder while reviving, curing, and casting boosters on the teammates. But come on you face a team with 1 water, 1 ninja, 1 monk, 1 trojan, and 1 archer/warrior...all with azure shield the attack and defense would be highly overpowered on all and as one dies the water is reviving and recasting the shield again...completely unfair. I alone fought a team of 5 and was down to 2 left and all of a sudden all members were alive again with shields...after doing so well doing my 100's or less per hit and surviving I still lost. Yes, waters are for support and I do feel they should support, but their pure skill should be only to allow them to survive longer and attack harder themselves!

Ps: see the difference between Shackle and shield???
Guild Leader of Ki11az

REAL GAMERS don't need BOTS
Tommit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-12, 11:18 AM   #26
Dark~Colossus
Super Moderator

Dark~Colossus Knight -- on a good road but it's earlyDark~Colossus Knight -- on a good road but it's early

As I have said in the suggestion place I think:

Azure shield is designed for a final spell for the 'support' class. Monks cast their pure skill on others do they not?

Waters need to keep this skill, but it needs to be changed for the better.

I think a cool down based on the person being cast upon, not the caster, should be imposed. So once you have had Azure Shield cast on you, you cannot have it cast again for another minute or more. If you make it 60 seconds cool down, it gives people 10 seconds, after even fixed Azure Shield, in which to kill the person who had it. If you can't do 12k damage in 50 seconds, it's unlikely you'll be able to kill the person with or without the shield lol.

You could increase the cool down time but obviously that disadvantages them further. It's about finding the balance. I also think that to cast on self should require more stamina (so that Pure Waters don't have the chance to cast 5 on themselves without even needing to sit).

Zale 110-127-130
Water-Trojan-Archer

Mausoleum 130 - 130
Monk - Monk

Dark Server
Vanquish

I'm the mod ya'll!

Dark~Colossus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-12, 04:40 PM   #27
Rookie

5634596 Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

i agree that waters were never to have power, but they still have to defend themselves.. pointless being a water with decent gears if you get 1hit by a archer with the same type of gears.. and monks were made to have power.. the only supportive skills are auras and they arnt to great.. if they wasnt suppose to have power then they would have 1 wepons instead of just 1 and they would have the powerful skills they have
5634596 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-12, 06:34 PM   #28
Khev
Veteran Member

Khev Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

So I take it that the problem is that waters are winning the PKT's just because no one can really do damage to them while they have their shield up.

Since some of you guys are arguing that they need the shield to survive, and you other ones are saying that its OP'd. How about just make any damage done to the shield count towards the arena score.

I'm sure I'm not the first one to think of this. And if it was already mentioned in this thread, sorry, I didn't read it.

Fixed: Phoenix, Celestial, Seizer , and Penetration.

Fixed Proficiencies: Club, Blade, Dagger, Scepter, Sword, Hook, Axe, Whip, Hammer.

A skill is only as good as the person using it.
The above statement in TQ games is False.
Khev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-12, 09:04 PM   #29
Dark~Colossus
Super Moderator

Dark~Colossus Knight -- on a good road but it's earlyDark~Colossus Knight -- on a good road but it's early

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khev View Post
So I take it that the problem is that waters are winning the PKT's just because no one can really do damage to them while they have their shield up.

Since some of you guys are arguing that they need the shield to survive, and you other ones are saying that its OP'd. How about just make any damage done to the shield count towards the arena score.

I'm sure I'm not the first one to think of this. And if it was already mentioned in this thread, sorry, I didn't read it.
that could work...

especially when the water tao has no chance of killing you but wins by zapping you for 30 when you can only hurt them 20 atm... but the problem is that they don't die in things like Elite PK, or they hold out for long enough to drain all your pots and kill you. Admittedly, thinking about it, Elite PK matchs lasting 5 mins each aren't too bad but some of the other tournaments are longer I think? Winning by points in a 10 min match where you should be able to 1 hit the water tao if not for their shield is a real pain in the a** =p

Zale 110-127-130
Water-Trojan-Archer

Mausoleum 130 - 130
Monk - Monk

Dark Server
Vanquish

I'm the mod ya'll!

Dark~Colossus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-13, 01:58 AM   #30
Rookie

8951976 Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

But if the water can only cast Azur on themself, then they should have an attack skill too like trojan or Monk has, so they can kill ppl too xD
8951976 is offline   Reply With Quote