View Poll Results: Does jumping all over the screen while fighting truly show skill and power?
Yes 22 73.33%
No 8 26.67%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-03-30, 08:25 AM   #1
Tommit
Veteran Member

Tommit Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise
帖子 Jumping show skill???

Ok I do not know how others feel, but to me jumping is not very skillful or powerful at all in combat.

In my server just about everyone you fight in the arena is jumping all over the screen shooting you with skills that can be done from a distance.

To me this constant jumping shows that someone is scared of the hand to hand combat and instead does whatever it takes to avoid the confrontation by jumping all over and not fighting very fair.

So I decided to ask in a poll what others think since it is the most popular thing to do from what I have seen.
Guild Leader of Ki11az

REAL GAMERS don't need BOTS
Tommit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-30, 08:27 AM   #2
Kadafi

Kadafi Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommit View Post
Ok I do not know how others fell but to me jumping is not very skillful or powerful at all.

In my server just about everyone you fight in the arena is jumping all over the screen shooting you with skills that can be done from a distance.

To me this constant jumping shows that someone is scared of the hand to hand combat and instead does whatever it takes to avoid the confrontation by jumping all over and not fighting very fair.

So I decided to ask in a poll what others think since it is the most popular thing to do from what I have seen.
I jump all over the screen but I'm also the best fber on my server. It's sort of like rapping, you can't JUST rap fast or rap slow you have to be able to do both and know when to do which. Someone who jumps long distance non stop = dead before they hit the ground via fb. Someone who jumps short distances = dead by herc. So the answer to your thread is 6.
New Maps
Kùrama
130-130-139 Monk-Warrior-Ninja
Poison Blade/Sword (Fast Blade)
319 Potency Myths Basilisk
Full -7 -1 Talismens
Bronze Cup

Last edited by Lilboyfresh; 2011-03-30 at 08:33 AM..
Kadafi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-30, 10:22 PM   #3
Kenneth

Kenneth Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

I must jump 90 pct that noob crap ur talking about 1 hits me lolz

and since when do people care about how skilled something is... I mean really even if you did this would just make life easier for hercen nubs and tfbers and im not about to do that no I like it when the only way a 300 bp tro can kill me is pzap or a ninjas only defense vs me is ck.... so no to this preposterous idea

Having gears is one thing. Having skills is another.
Having both and not abusing them is true power.
Kenneth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-31, 12:04 AM   #4
mortar4you2

mortar4you2 Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

So basically you want everyone to just hold still and beat on each other? How does that show any skill at all?

Enter Arena

Left click on enemy

Pot and maybe right click sometimes

Tons of skill there...being able to jump around dodging attacks while hitting with your own attacks does take skill.
mortar4you2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-31, 12:40 AM   #5
Kenneth

Kenneth Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortar4you2 View Post
So basically you want everyone to just hold still and beat on each other? How does that show any skill at all?

Enter Arena

Left click on enemy

Pot and maybe right click sometimes

Tons of skill there...being able to jump around dodging attacks while hitting with your own attacks does take skill.
especially with the awful AOE's from hell and passive skills that Hit n e where on screen that do I duno about 1/3 of my hp when my offensive capability only allows me to hit about 200 points back which isn't enough to make up for the difference >.<

Having gears is one thing. Having skills is another.
Having both and not abusing them is true power.
Kenneth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-18, 11:33 PM   #6
User450686567
Rookie

User450686567 Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise
灯泡

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadafi View Post
I jump all over the screen but I'm also the best fber on my server. It's sort of like rapping, you can't JUST rap fast or rap slow you have to be able to do both and know when to do which. Someone who jumps long distance non stop = dead before they hit the ground via fb. Someone who jumps short distances = dead by herc. So the answer to your thread is 6.
Lmfao best Fast Blader on our server???
Dude I can hit you 17-2, then you rage and f***ing Herc because your a p****.

You made me laugh so hard you mega pot n00b...
User450686567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-19, 07:21 PM   #7
Kadafi

Kadafi Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

Quote:
Originally Posted by User450686567 View Post

Beat you 20-4 today in pka =OO you were a little off their bro.
New Maps
Kùrama
130-130-139 Monk-Warrior-Ninja
Poison Blade/Sword (Fast Blade)
319 Potency Myths Basilisk
Full -7 -1 Talismens
Bronze Cup
Kadafi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-20, 07:46 AM   #8
Impulse~

Impulse~ Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

Quote:
Originally Posted by User450686567 View Post

Seriously just STFU. No one likes you, no one cares what you have to say. You can flame all day and it ain't gonna bother anyone because we all know you are the one who sucks.

But to Kadafi, I would say you are the 4th best FBer on Basilisk

1. FujiSyuusuke
2. Yomi
3. Kuronue
4. Kurama

But for meee! I'M THE BEST NADOER ON BASILISK. NANANA HERE COME SHIFT SCREEN. No seriously, if you are a fire and you want to come fight me, feel free. Just don't be surprised if you cant even see me

As for jumping, the people who run a whole match to win by points are just noobs. The people who run to dodge your attacks, and successfully dodge are not noob. They show a great amount of skill to be able to dodge that many attacks.

Edit: Oh and for you noobs who will start flaming me saying nado takes no skill, I agree. But successfully shift screening without being hit and dodging EVERY attack coming at you does take skill
Impulse~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-18, 11:39 PM   #9
User450686567
Rookie

User450686567 Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise
灯泡

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadafi View Post
You suck d*** on are server, lets Herc lol n00b.
User450686567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-31, 01:11 AM   #10
LadyGothica

LadyGothica Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommit View Post
Ok I do not know how others feel, but to me jumping is not very skillful or powerful at all in combat.

lol yea................. I think we are all a bit confused on what you mean by 'jumping'. Strategic warfare, (pvp in game), indicates jumping is one of the key ingredients to successful skill. A way to avoid hits and do a successful counter hit. So please tell us what you mean by jumping? :P
that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to Thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be."

"In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti."

Myths / Basilisk - Pegasus - Medusa
LadyGo†hica - Wat / War / Tro
131-131-134
Guild Leader - Quo Vadis
LadyGothica is offline   Reply With Quote