Old 2013-06-06, 01:43 PM   #1
Tommit
Veteran Member

Tommit Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise
生气 Banned for Buying

It has came to my attention that there is an alarmingly high amount of players who are being bot jailed for buying from alleged botters. This is getting to me because I feel it is ridiculous to be banned because we buy from someone that may be a botter. How are we to know if someone bots, how are we to know if the items were gained from botting, and how come these bot accounts aren't being punished while legit players are? I find it to be quite preposterous that TQ is not doing anything to eliminate these bots, yet they can sell freely to us and cause us to pay to be released from bot jail. Something needs to be done, this seems to me as if it is away of us legit players being scammed.

Recently a King and personal friend of mine in our server (Dark) by the name of ™Apollo11 had this exact thing happen to him. He was placed in bot jail and has never used bots and is a VIP level 6. The amount of money he has in this game well covers the amount of gears, guild, and nobility behind him. But because he got into an argument with a player who claims "Has friends in high places and if we do anything to upset him he will have us banned by his GM friends". Which after stating this and being screenshotted saying it my friend was instantly botjailed.

This has got to stop. If we can be banned for buying from botters then TQ has to do a better job at eliminating them, because there is no way we can tell the botters when they are selling. How do we know that is not someones noob? How do we know they didnt win big on all these demon box and bandits going around? How are we to know where the stuff originates from? We can not tell botters unless we see them botting, so to punish us for buying from them is against our rights as players.

I demand that something be done, too many people are falling victim to this scam and I want to see results. Free those for buying from alleged botters and punish those dame botters, not us. Especially those of who are VIP and actually spend money on this game!!!!!

Guild Leader of Ki11az

REAL GAMERS don't need BOTS
Tommit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 01:50 PM   #2
|Saint|

|Saint| Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

lol well written but will be ignored or deleted like the rest
|Saint| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 02:14 PM   #3
User548421626

User548421626 Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

This only ever happens if the player has accepted (multiple, or of significant value) items from botter(s) for free.

tl;dr always trade something of some-what equivalent value
User548421626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 02:17 PM   #4
Tommit
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by User548421626 View Post
This only ever happens if the player has accepted (multiple, or of significant value) items from botter(s) for free.

tl;dr always trade something of some-what equivalent value
That is wrong though it is not free trades it is trading in general. That's where it is getting out of hand. The reply from the GM stated "you are banned for buying from a verified bot user".

All day people win lotto, they win bandit machines, they win demon boxes. We can't tell who these bots are because so many other things are going on. When someone is selling in Broadcast and we trade to buy from them we should not be punished for this because we do not know any better. We do not have the means to look into another players account to see if they had botted and if it is a verified bot it should have been banned long before they had an option to trade us.
Guild Leader of Ki11az

Last edited by Tommit83; 2013-06-06 at 02:20 PM.. Reason: Second paragraph added.
Old 2013-06-06, 02:20 PM   #5
Earl(crash4415)

Earl(crash4415) Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise
生气

I agree , this is crazy to punish the one buying , how the hell do we know who is a botter and not in the market , and Apollo also lost a db scroll to tq took it , that's bull shit to . and I have reported that guy so many times ( No~More) for his gm friend and his botting and nothing ever happens to him .
lv. 140
DL of DâCh0§£n0n£§

BOTTERS are a bad bad thing
Earl(crash4415) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 02:23 PM   #6
User548421626

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommit View Post
That is wrong though it is not free trades it is trading in general. That's where it is getting out of hand. The reply from the GM stated "you are banned for buying from a verified bot user".

All day people win lotto, they win bandit machines, they win demon boxes. We can't tell who these bots are because so many other things are going on. When someone is selling in Broadcast and we trade to buy from them we should not be punished for this because we do not know any better. We do not have the means to look into another players account to see if they had botted and if it is a verified bot it should have been banned long before they had an option to trade us.
Really? That's quite shocking then because I've bought plenty of times from botters knowing full well they're botters, who've been caught many times (botjailed, banned, etc.) and so on. I've never had an issue doing this, so long as I traded a fair amount.

They would get banned and potentially lose what I traded, and I'd get to keep everything I paid for. Guess I'm just lucky.
Old 2013-06-06, 02:27 PM   #7
Tommit
Veteran Member

Quote:
Really? That's quite shocking then because I've bought plenty of times from botters knowing full well they're botters, who've been caught many times (botjailed, banned, etc.) and so on. I've never had an issue doing this, so long as I traded a fair amount.

They would get banned and potentially lose what I traded, and I'd get to keep everything I paid for. Guess I'm just lucky.
It all depends on luck indeed. I have been one day bot banned for not updating a patch that I was never dced to have updated before while others continued playing on. But we shouldn't have to rely on luck when it comes to something that so many of us have put so much money into. Over 4k USD myself and I'm only VIP 5 when I can spare the money to ensure I keep it.

I will not say that everyone who trades a botter gets banned, but if it happens then it is unfair.
Guild Leader of Ki11az

Old 2013-06-06, 07:47 PM   #8
hyoiu

hyoiu Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommit View Post
It all depends on luck indeed. I have been one day bot banned for not updating a patch that I was never dced to have updated before while others continued playing on. But we shouldn't have to rely on luck when it comes to something that so many of us have put so much money into. Over 4k USD myself and I'm only VIP 5 when I can spare the money to ensure I keep it.

I will not say that everyone who trades a botter gets banned, but if it happens then it is unfair.
Guys, I from server venus so far i had this issue 1 time,it is happened to me when i buy a meteor scroll from someone which i'd don't know is botters or not,after the trade deal is close,i'd got instant banned,unable to log into the game for 1 day due to the "WHATEVER REASON YOU ALL PLAYERS KNOW THE HELL WHAT".

Bro,you were right,something has to be done,it is crazy if the buyers get banned.
hyoiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 08:26 PM   #9
User548421626

1 day bans don't have to do with any of your trades. It has to do with failing a check with the external anti-bot (usually, if this occurs to a legit player, it means TQ dun goof'd). The external anti-bot is ignorant of what you're doing/done/etc. ingame, it's more so just a proof of client.
Old 2013-06-07, 02:10 AM   #10
Tommit
Veteran Member

Quote:
1 day bans don't have to do with any of your trades. It has to do with failing a check with the external anti-bot (usually, if this occurs to a legit player, it means TQ dun goof'd). The external anti-bot is ignorant of what you're doing/done/etc. ingame, it's more so just a proof of client.
Yeah I know it was on a different topic, but seeing as though we were speaking on luck just figured I'd bring that point up too.

But I am just tired of seeing people suffer from this abused bug (botters selling to legit players causing them to become banned).

Quite some time ago another friend of mine was put into botjail because she had traded an item with another player when the item was bought from Bug abused CPs where the seller had bought tons of cps using some glitch that allowed them multiple cards or something. The outcome was that TQ decided to unban her but they removed the items that were traded not replacing the cps she spent on those gears or the original gear she traded for making her lose both the gear she traded and the gear she traded for. She had traded her +8 trojan gear for the same +8 ninja gear that was in broadcast for days before the seller had been banned and everyone in the server who she traded with had become banned with her. Just another example of Buyers being Banned.
Guild Leader of Ki11az