Old 2013-01-25, 07:48 AM   #1
Tommit
Veteran Member

Tommit Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise
眨眼 Meaning of a game

Game: A form of play especially a competitive one played according to rules and decided by skill, strength, or luck.

Fun: Enjoyment, amusement, or lighthearted pleasure.

Robot (Bot): Any automated machine programmed to perform specific mechanical functions in the manner of a man, not controlled by man; automatic.

As you can clearly see by the meaning of game and fun the use of bot is not associated with either.
How can we have fun in a game when all these bots exist?
If you are a bot user or are even considering using a bot, how much fun can you truly have?

I may not have the best gears, even though I have spent quite a bit of money on them, and I may not win them all but it is fun for me to try when I have nothing else to do. The use of all these bots is getting to be too much anymore. Many of us just want to play a fun game where everyone is trying to do the same.

End bots and lets make this game what is should be:

Fun Game: A form of play especially a competitive one played according to rules and decided by skill, strength, or luck to have Enjoyment, amusement, or lighthearted pleasure.
Guild Leader of Ki11az

REAL GAMERS don't need BOTS

Last edited by Tommit83; 2013-01-25 at 07:57 AM..
Tommit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-25, 03:00 PM   #2
Grency
Rookie

Grency Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

The problem is that botters will never quit, it is too much money involved. The black market on DBS and Gold sales are a big part of why they really exists. And it will never end as long as Money is in the picture. RIP TQ
Grency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-26, 05:03 AM   #3

8073936 Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

bots are like weeds. every1 sees them and knows there there. but to remove them is a tough time indeed.

If you remove them from your property but your neighbor doesnt, you are guaranteed to get them back, its inevitable
DARK: pure water 130
8073936 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-07, 03:01 AM   #4
BlackTurtle
Rookie

BlackTurtle Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise
箭头 An Archer's Point: Bot's

Bot's are really not that hard to be rid of, me thinks. The problem is that TQ and Dragonsoft are not committed to the game the same way as we players are.

I am a programmer myself (I have been programming as a hobby and professionally since 1978 ), as well as a gamer , before I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis [MS] I was the "Manager of Computer Operations and Imaging" at a large direct-mail faculty. So I speak with some authority on how the “system” works, at least in general manner. I do not claim to know the specifics of working for TQ or Dragonsoft, but my guesses are at least edu-ma-cated, if you will.

I believe that TQ's problem with Bot's (as well as many other problems) is that most if not all of their programmers are not playing the game. Not to say they do not test it, but they are not playing regularly on the public servers. Any gamer who has played Conquer for a bit recognizes the Bot's without much problem. If the people programming the game were playing it and had the time (and money) invested in a character as we the players do, I am guessing answers to the Bot'ing problem would be more forthcoming. At least that is one answer, more GM availability would also not hurt, I really think there should be at least one GM available 24/7 at least while the server is up.
  • Guild:------------|Bloodstained|
  • Class:-------------Archer
  • Level:-------------2RB,140
  • Playing Since:----- 2009/05/29
  • Goal:--------------140,140,140 Pure Archer
  • Did It!!! Start to finish, No reincarnations, No Bulking, NO BOT'ing
BlackTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote