Old 2011-05-04, 09:12 PM   #1
General~

General~ Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise
Default people like talking crap on chat

Last edited by randybetts; 2011-05-04 at 09:28 PM..
General~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-04, 10:56 PM   #2
Mephisto
All Hell!

Mephisto King/Queen -- damn goodMephisto King/Queen -- damn goodMephisto King/Queen -- damn goodMephisto King/Queen -- damn goodMephisto King/Queen -- damn goodMephisto King/Queen -- damn goodMephisto King/Queen -- damn goodMephisto King/Queen -- damn good

Quote:
Originally Posted by General~ View Post
So?

=/ Trash talking is quite trendy in Sports and other areas, there's no exception to the Gaming. That's just the nature of the human, we like talking bad things about others when we're at a disadvantage or so. Even we're getting beat up, we'll try to win a consolation prize for ourselves by talking right back at the opponent.

That kind of thing can NOT be completely wiped off of the game, that's just what it is, period. We can ask the players to behave themselves in the game nicely, but whether or not they're listening remains to be seen.

Oh, forgot to mention that we have a rule in place particularly for talking foul languages in game, that's the least we have to prevent children from learning bad swear words and something.

Anyways, that's just the way it is, I'm also a big fan of basketball, trash talking isn't new to me anymore, Gary Payton, Kevin Garnett, and Matt Barnes etc, those guys are talking trash all the time on the court. You can give them T's to control the situation, but you can't change the characteristics of the person.
Old 2011-05-05, 12:50 AM   #3
Tommit
Veteran Member

Tommit Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

I usually just talk crap back and when I am tired of it ignore them lol. A lot of times it turns out the ones talking the most are the younger players and well I am 27 years old and have better things to do then argue with kids all day lol. I come on play a while and spend the rest of the day with my wife and kids or am at work or school.

So just black list the ones you can't shake off and ignore or retaliate appropriately when you choose to lol.
Guild Leader of Ki11az

REAL GAMERS don't need BOTS
Tommit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-05, 01:12 AM   #4
~Matt~
Veteran Member

~Matt~ Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephisto View Post

=/ Trash talking is quite trendy in Sports and other areas, there's no exception to the Gaming.
I love the trash talk <3
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

How to change your nickname

My Suggestions:
Conquer 3.0
No switching teams in Team PK
Guild Honorary Positions Tweak
~Matt~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-05, 02:13 AM   #5
Tommit
Veteran Member

Tommit Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Matt~ View Post
I love the trash talk <3
I do as well. So far today I have been an 11 year old egy noob camel jockey virgin who sleeps with my camel lmao. I just laugh when these people talk this way.
I am quite the noob since I have only been playing since January of this year but I have put a lot of time and money into the game as well as researching and reading up on stuff so noobas in new player yes, noob as in clueless no lol. Ususally when someone calls me a noob it is because I beat them too much and they are mad, so then the simple reply to this is "How long have you been playing?" Oh and defeated by someone who's played 4 months now whos the noob
Guild Leader of Ki11az

REAL GAMERS don't need BOTS
Tommit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-06, 02:58 PM   #6
Khev
Veteran Member

Khev Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephisto View Post
So?

=/ Trash talking is quite trendy in Sports and other areas, there's no exception to the Gaming. That's just the nature of the human, we like talking bad things about others when we're at a disadvantage or so. Even we're getting beat up, we'll try to win a consolation prize for ourselves by talking right back at the opponent.

That kind of thing can NOT be completely wiped off of the game, that's just what it is, period. We can ask the players to behave themselves in the game nicely, but whether or not they're listening remains to be seen.

Oh, forgot to mention that we have a rule in place particularly for talking foul languages in game, that's the least we have to prevent children from learning bad swear words and something.

Anyways, that's just the way it is, I'm also a big fan of basketball, trash talking isn't new to me anymore, Gary Payton, Kevin Garnett, and Matt Barnes etc, those guys are talking trash all the time on the court. You can give them T's to control the situation, but you can't change the characteristics of the person.
Isn't there a way to mute players? I remember one of my friends got muted for a week for bad language a couple years ago.

Fixed: Phoenix, Celestial, Seizer , and Penetration.

Fixed Proficiencies: Club, Blade, Dagger, Scepter, Sword, Hook, Axe, Whip, Hammer.

A skill is only as good as the person using it.
The above statement in TQ games is False.
Khev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-06, 02:59 PM   #7
~Matt~
Veteran Member

~Matt~ Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khev View Post
Isn't there a way to mute players? I remember one of my friends got muted for a week for bad language a couple years ago.
Its rare that this happens, unless its extensive bad language over broadcast/world chat
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

How to change your nickname

My Suggestions:
Conquer 3.0
No switching teams in Team PK
Guild Honorary Positions Tweak
~Matt~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-06, 03:06 PM   #8
Khev
Veteran Member

Khev Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Matt~ View Post
Its rare that this happens, unless its extensive bad language over broadcast/world chat
Yeah, since egyptians take up the majority of the servers, they would be more lenient to mute non egyptians than those that are. But since there's a filter, it wouldn't be much of a use. Then again, the filter is easily bypassed.

Fixed: Phoenix, Celestial, Seizer , and Penetration.

Fixed Proficiencies: Club, Blade, Dagger, Scepter, Sword, Hook, Axe, Whip, Hammer.

A skill is only as good as the person using it.
The above statement in TQ games is False.
Khev is offline   Reply With Quote