Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2012-01-30, 11:29 AM   #1
User188775321
Rookie
 
Join Date: 2012-01-26
Posts: 11
User188775321 Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise
Default Botters and lag WTF!!!!

This is becoming ridiculous now. The amount of botters in-game is steadily increasing and TQ seem to do literally nothing about it. Why is this so bad? Because it causes lag which renders the game un-playable and also the botters mean it is impossible to level when there are botters around because they kill the monsters so fast. They are botting to get to lvl 70 very fast so that they can have lots of miners. They then sell the mined items for cps in market and then sell the dbs illegaly. TQ this is costing you money. Not only is it costing you money from this aspect it means that new players will get annoyed with not being able to level and the lag and then quit (a new player which can become a db buyer). Also existing db buyers (like myself) will refuse to buy any more dbs in a game which is so laggy. Every single tournament that happens there are many many disconnects which means players which work hard on their characters automatically lose the fight and then have to wait a whole week before the tournament happens again (probably only to be dc'd again). It is also amazing how many normal players there are who are botting and when challenged they only reply 'why are you so annoyed i'm not the only one doing it'. Not only is it causing lag it is also cheating! This is actually a great game which is being destroyed by botters and game developers who seem to not care. The pvp in this game is great which is completely ruined when it becomes laggy. I have asked many times in world chat if there is anyone who is NOT lagging and no-one replies and no-one ever says that they are not lagging. I know that this is server side. So TQ please let us know what you are going to do about this and when it is going to happen. It would be very easy to ban these botters it's not hard to see who is doing it.
User188775321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-30, 04:06 PM   #2
User455285635
Rookie
 
Join Date: 2012-01-30
Posts: 1
User455285635 Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise
Default Bots

I agree,these bots are a real big problem as they cause severe lag and also are making it hard to log in to the game, which is really annoying when you have double experience time and do not get to use it.Good,honest people who play this game with no cheats are losing out because of this as they cannot level up and also lose the right to enter tournaments due to disconnecting.T.Q need to sort this problem out fast before they lose the respect of their users who are already really annoyed with this,so please get it sorted out.
User455285635 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-30, 06:23 PM   #3
Dark~Colossus
Super Moderator
 
Dark~Colossus's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2011-04-25
Posts: 908
Dark~Colossus Knight -- on a good road but it's earlyDark~Colossus Knight -- on a good road but it's early
Default

I want to say double post?
__________________
Colossus 125 - 130 - 136
Trojan - Trojan - Trojan
Finally returned to Trojan after taking a year off to be Warrior...

Zale 110-127-130
Water-Trojan-Archer

Mausoleum 130 - 130
Monk - Monk

Dark Server
Vanquish

I'm the mod ya'll!


Dark~Colossus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-02, 01:23 AM   #4
BowenDragon1
Rookie
 
Join Date: 2011-03-15
Posts: 11
BowenDragon1 Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise
Default Potentail lawsuit against TQ for the bots

I conpletely agree I have turned in thousands of the bots and within 5 minutes the bots are back. On the Libra server every mine has a minimum of 500 bots. These people are gaining about 200 million perhour. The vip players pay to have decent gear and to be able to play and there is no way to play with the lag caused by the 2000+ bots. I actually would suggest that the VIP players start a class action lawsuit to at least recover the money we have paid in to play. With a lawsuit started TQ would then act to get rid of the bots. Most of the players on Libra think (and I agree) that TQ or at least some of their programers are involved in the bots. The new style of auto pathfinding with the jump was being used by the bots 3 weeks before Conqueror had it installed and back when Conqueror 2.0 came out the bot programs had it a month before Conqueror 2.0 was implimented.
BowenDragon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 01:31 PM   #5
Wolfone
Junior Member
 
Join Date: 2011-03-22
Posts: 34
Wolfone Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowenDragon1 View Post
I conpletely agree I have turned in thousands of the bots and within 5 minutes the bots are back. On the Libra server every mine has a minimum of 500 bots. These people are gaining about 200 million perhour. The vip players pay to have decent gear and to be able to play and there is no way to play with the lag caused by the 2000+ bots. I actually would suggest that the VIP players start a class action lawsuit to at least recover the money we have paid in to play. With a lawsuit started TQ would then act to get rid of the bots. Most of the players on Libra think (and I agree) that TQ or at least some of their programers are involved in the bots. The new style of auto pathfinding with the jump was being used by the bots 3 weeks before Conqueror had it installed and back when Conqueror 2.0 came out the bot programs had it a month before Conqueror 2.0 was implimented.
i tend to think the same way there. maybe a former "disgruntled" employee or something?
Actually, a legal presedence was set by WoW against their bot programmers
a while back. TQ could, and should, follow this course. Its not hard to find the bot makers
seems to be ONE of the most popular ones. YES there is more than one lol.
This one even has a Facebook page lol.******* is another popular one. And i am sure there are others as well. Surely someone who is getting paid to research these can find them all if I can find these with a quick google search. Maybe, start at ********, hmmmm. Just a thought

Last edited by Inheritence; 2012-02-04 at 02:28 PM..
Wolfone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 02:13 PM   #6
~Matt~
Veteran Member
 
~Matt~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 2011-03-13
Location: Wales, United Kingdom
Posts: 2,446
~Matt~ Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfone View Post
i tend to think the same way there. maybe a former "disgruntled" employee or something?
Actually, a legal presedence was set by WoW against their bot programmers
a while back. TQ could, and should, follow this course. Its not hard to find the bot makers. http://conquerai.com
seems to be ONE of the most popular ones. YES there is more than one lol.
This one even has a Facebook page lol. BotterCo is another popular one. And i am sure there are others as well. Surely someone who is getting paid to research these can find them all if I can find these with a quick google search. Maybe, start at elitepvpers, hmmmm. Just a thought
The problem is, TQ wouldn't folk out money for law suits. Although, they did threaten the owner of 5bot in the past to take him to court.
My only issue would be, are these bots actually breaking the law? The only option TQ has would be to sue the bot programmers, but this wouldn't necessarily stop them. The bot makers are earning thousands a month. If the subscription cost $15 a month, and there is 500 people getting this subscription, that's $7,500 a month.
__________________
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
|||||
Name: ~Ma††~ Class: Wat – War – Tro Level: 130-130-140 |||||
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||


How to change your nickname

My Suggestions:
Conquer 3.0
No switching teams in Team PK
Guild Honorary Positions Tweak
~Matt~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-04, 03:59 AM   #7
0.o
Full Member
 
Join Date: 2011-10-08
Posts: 267
0.o Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise
Default

they can sue them under US copy right & intellectual property laws.
Thats how they got the file sharing dude recently... they even got the FBI involved quite seriously there.
Its all that needs to happen surely? Tell the US govt that people are behaving 'anti commerce' & hey presto the FBI & Interpol will be all over them ;p
So yeah TQ, don't sue them, take it to the police & get them to sort the damned crims out.
__________________
Kill me now ...avoid the rush.
0.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-04, 04:33 AM   #8
TaintedX
Rookie
 
Join Date: 2011-03-12
Posts: 11
TaintedX Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowenDragon1 View Post
I conpletely agree I have turned in thousands of the bots and within 5 minutes the bots are back. On the Libra server every mine has a minimum of 500 bots. These people are gaining about 200 million perhour. The vip players pay to have decent gear and to be able to play and there is no way to play with the lag caused by the 2000+ bots. I actually would suggest that the VIP players start a class action lawsuit to at least recover the money we have paid in to play. With a lawsuit started TQ would then act to get rid of the bots. Most of the players on Libra think (and I agree) that TQ or at least some of their programers are involved in the bots. The new style of auto pathfinding with the jump was being used by the bots 3 weeks before Conqueror had it installed and back when Conqueror 2.0 came out the bot programs had it a month before Conqueror 2.0 was implimented.

I think they should ban the IP address of the botters, but if your right and TQ is involved with the bots, then they are totally messed up! Would the VIP community even be able to file a class action lawsuit though? Cause honestly with having "Priority Login" And still Not being able to login is quite pissing me off.
__________________
TaintedX
Dreams - Honor/Justice
130-130-132
TaintedX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-05, 04:23 AM   #9
4525845
Junior Member
 
Join Date: 2011-05-19
Posts: 57
4525845 Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0.o View Post
they can sue them under US copy right & intellectual property laws.
Thats how they got the file sharing dude recently... they even got the FBI involved quite seriously there.
Its all that needs to happen surely? Tell the US govt that people are behaving 'anti commerce' & hey presto the FBI & Interpol will be all over them ;p
So yeah TQ, don't sue them, take it to the police & get them to sort the damned crims out.
Your a moron.

They cannot be sued over Copyright or IP laws because they dont do anything that breaches either of them, the products are standalone and nothing in the client is edited, nor redistributed.

Please refrain from posting if you dont actually understand what your saying.
4525845 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-05, 12:06 PM   #10
~Matt~
Veteran Member
 
~Matt~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 2011-03-13
Location: Wales, United Kingdom
Posts: 2,446
~Matt~ Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4525845 View Post
They cannot be sued over Copyright or IP laws because they dont do anything that breaches either of them, the products are standalone and nothing in the client is edited, nor redistributed
That's exactly what I was thinking, and this is why TQ can shut down private servers but not the bots.
__________________
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
|||||
Name: ~Ma††~ Class: Wat – War – Tro Level: 130-130-140 |||||
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||


How to change your nickname

My Suggestions:
Conquer 3.0
No switching teams in Team PK
Guild Honorary Positions Tweak
~Matt~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:17 PM.