View Poll Results: Does jumping all over the screen while fighting truly show skill and power?
Yes 22 73.33%
No 8 26.67%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2011-03-31, 05:31 PM   #11
Tommit
Veteran Member
 
Tommit's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2011-03-23
Location: Dark Server, USA
Posts: 2,378
Tommit Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise
酷 Well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGothica View Post
lol yea................. I think we are all a bit confused on what you mean by 'jumping'. Strategic warfare, (pvp in game), indicates jumping is one of the key ingredients to successful skill. A way to avoid hits and do a successful counter hit. So please tell us what you mean by jumping? :P
Well see I am a pure ninja and before rebirth could not win a single match even against a player 30 or more levels lower then me with elite gears. All my gears are super between +5 & +7 at the momment and due to me not being able to get close at all they can jump all over blasting from a distance with lightning. Now I am reborn and have bought the lightning skill which now gives me a fighting chance. But to me the jumping around in a power arena never coming near the opponent does not show power at all.
__________________
Tommit
Pure Ninja - LVL 140
Server: Element - Dark
Guild Leader of Ki11az
...


REAL GAMERS don't need BOTS
Tommit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-31, 09:02 PM   #12
mortar4you2
Full Member
 
Join Date: 2011-03-11
Location: The sky is purple here...
Posts: 261
mortar4you2 Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise
Default

Just running away, no. But if you're a tao or archer the whole idea is to stay away and hit from a distance. So in the case of those two classes, keeping away and not getting hit does show skill. With the rest of the classes jumping skill comes from being able to dodge your opponents attacks while still being able to hit with your own.

If everyone just stood still and took the hits then tro would win every time assuming equal gears and pots. There's less skill in just standing there trading hits than there is in jumping.
mortar4you2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-31, 09:12 PM   #13
Tommit
Veteran Member
 
Tommit's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2011-03-23
Location: Dark Server, USA
Posts: 2,378
Tommit Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise
微笑 Hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortar4you2 View Post
Just running away, no. But if you're a tao or archer the whole idea is to stay away and hit from a distance. So in the case of those two classes, keeping away and not getting hit does show skill. With the rest of the classes jumping skill comes from being able to dodge your opponents attacks while still being able to hit with your own.

If everyone just stood still and took the hits then tro would win every time assuming equal gears and pots. There's less skill in just standing there trading hits than there is in jumping.
Wonderful point.
I am referring more to the players that jump and hit from distance until time runs out only winning by points.
__________________
Tommit
Pure Ninja - LVL 140
Server: Element - Dark
Guild Leader of Ki11az
...


REAL GAMERS don't need BOTS
Tommit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-31, 10:17 PM   #14
Kenneth
Full Member
 
Kenneth's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2011-03-10
Posts: 288
Kenneth Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommit View Post
Wonderful point.
I am referring more to the players that jump and hit from distance until time runs out only winning by points.
soooo the tros who run outa stamina and have to zap me 300s with their +8 tallies because they cant hit me , and the ninjas that only get points when I attack them or they vortex, and the wars that don't even try and attempt to pzap from the start because their 2 slow? (not all are like that)
__________________
Words are just dust in the wind.

Having gears is one thing. Having skills is another.
Having both and not abusing them is true power.
Kenneth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-31, 11:20 PM   #15
LadyGothica
Full Member
 
LadyGothica's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2011-03-26
Location: A Cardboard Box currently located in Georgia :O
Posts: 322
LadyGothica Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommit View Post
Well see I am a pure ninja and before rebirth could not win a single match even against a player 30 or more levels lower then me with elite gears. All my gears are super between +5 & +7 at the momment and due to me not being able to get close at all they can jump all over blasting from a distance with lightning. Now I am reborn and have bought the lightning skill which now gives me a fighting chance. But to me the jumping around in a power arena never coming near the opponent does not show power at all.
AHHHHHHHHHH! Ok.. I see now xD.
Yea... elite pk and such is like that as well.... you get someone that just runs on the outside of the map itself avoiding you for dear life. I hate that so much.... It's like you came here to fight.. so fight already! I can't tell you how many times I have watched a match with someone and said in 'talk' chat: STOP RUNNING SCARED AND FIGHT ALREADY!!!
__________________
"And Shepherds we shall be.
For Thee, my Lord, for Thee.
Power hath descended forth from Thy hand,
that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to Thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be."

"In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti."

Myths / Basilisk - Pegasus - Medusa
LadyGo†hica - Wat / War / Tro
131-131-134
Guild Leader - Quo Vadis
LadyGothica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-01, 04:15 AM   #16
User587061183
Rookie
 
Join Date: 2011-03-12
Posts: 26
User587061183 Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommit View Post
Well see I am a pure ninja and before rebirth could not win a single match even against a player 30 or more levels lower then me with elite gears. All my gears are super between +5 & +7 at the momment and due to me not being able to get close at all they can jump all over blasting from a distance with lightning. Now I am reborn and have bought the lightning skill which now gives me a fighting chance. But to me the jumping around in a power arena never coming near the opponent does not show power at all.
Play as a fire or archer and don't jump The fact that your opponents aren't letting you (a ninja) get within striking distance just shows that they aren't stupid enough to just let you hit them which most likely means instant death.
User587061183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-06, 05:13 PM   #17
Kittyk
Rookie
 
Join Date: 2011-03-18
Posts: 18
Kittyk Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by User587061183 View Post
Play as a fire or archer and don't jump The fact that your opponents aren't letting you (a ninja) get within striking distance just shows that they aren't stupid enough to just let you hit them which most likely means instant death.
You missed the point. It isn't people who are using it for stamina renewal and a defensive move , it is for the chicken sh*ts that run and not even try and fight just to time u out. That is not strategy ,that is being a coward
Kittyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-06, 07:50 PM   #18
mortar4you2
Full Member
 
Join Date: 2011-03-11
Location: The sky is purple here...
Posts: 261
mortar4you2 Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittyk View Post
You missed the point. It isn't people who are using it for stamina renewal and a defensive move , it is for the chicken sh*ts that run and not even try and fight just to time u out. That is not strategy ,that is being a coward
Well, if you can't win standing and fighting but you can win on points by tagging and running your butt off... sounds like a valid strategy to me.

Don't be mad because they win since you can't hit them. Zap, use a bow, use your guard... there are quite a few options to deal with these kinds of people besides calling them cowards after they beat you on points in a match =p
mortar4you2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-07, 12:45 AM   #19
MonsterDo
Senior Member
 
MonsterDo's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2011-03-12
Location: Where am i?
Posts: 622
MonsterDo Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise
Default

if they run... just catch them o.o
__________________
A signature...a bunch of squiggly lines that represent my name, and a smiley face at the end
MonsterDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-07, 10:40 AM   #20
Khev
Veteran Member
 
Khev's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2011-03-10
Location: New York.
Posts: 1,627
Khev Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterDo View Post
if they run... just catch them o.o
Dunno about you, but I can't hit anyone that's running away. They have to at least have the intent to fight for me to be able to even hit them.
__________________
Khev
Dreams - Honor/Justice
131-132-140 Water-Warrior-Trojan

Fixed: Phoenix, Celestial, Seizer , and Penetration.

Fixed Proficiencies: Club, Blade, Dagger, Scepter, Sword, Hook, Axe, Whip, Hammer.

A skill is only as good as the person using it.
The above statement in TQ games is False.
Khev is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:13 PM.