View Poll Results: Should this idea be added?
Yes 46 75.41%
No 7 11.48%
Maybe, with some changes (add them to the thread) 8 13.11%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-12-06, 08:38 PM   #1
Dark~Colossus
Super Moderator

Dark~Colossus Knight -- on a good road but it's earlyDark~Colossus Knight -- on a good road but it's early
Default Player GMs

Right so I was speaking to one of the managers at TQ the other day and this is something I've been interested in trying to organise for a while.

Everyone complains that GMs aren't online 24/7 and, if you think about it, there are very good reasons. On Euro Servers, GMs are based (currently) 8 hours ahead. When 'peak' playing time (after school, work etc) is, it is around 2am for GMs. It's even worse for US servers, as GMs are around 12-13 hours different, so queries can't be dealt with before the start of work which lines up to around peak time, but leaves a small window to deal with stuff.

I know we can criticise TQ as much as we like, but it's time to start taking it upon ourselves to get things done, and I'm trying to get them to put forward the idea (a very old idea to those of you who are new to this) of Player GMs.
The general idea, in my mind, is to have a minimum of one active player from each server acting on TQs behalf to try and work on botters and other issues. Preferably more.
Whilst having some of the powers of a GM (invisibilty, teleport, trace) they should be unable to create gold, cps or gears, and I actually think should be unable to trade what-so-ever.
The idea of them is to track down and ban botters, at the point where they are reported. They can jump to the site and 'pre-botjail them'. If the account never complains, after 7/14 days they go to full bot jail. If the account does complain, proof that the PGM took (videos or pictures) will be submitted to TQ and they can decide the outcome. Even if the botters weren't caught, the presence of a couple of active 'GM' accounts on the server would hopefully put a dent into the botting, as the 'Auto-disconnect on GM' would be hard at work.

The idea of this is to significantly crack down on botting, there would likely be no reward for doing this service. I personally would apply because there's not much for me to do on CO after 7 years playing, and I'm genuinely getting sick of the botters.

I want your ideas on what criteria the selection process should involve, I'm personally thinking like a C.V (like a job application) sent to someone at TQ. It should be based on:
what experience they have on the game, what signs they look for for botting, have they got any first hand experience of catching botters, why they want to do the role

Basically what makes them better than anyone else on their server for this role.

And finally, especially, a way to crack down on this being exploited.

Zale 110-127-130
Water-Trojan-Archer

Mausoleum 130 - 130
Monk - Monk

Dark Server
Vanquish

I'm the mod ya'll!

Dark~Colossus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-06, 08:48 PM   #2
JaththeGod

JaththeGod Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

This would be a great idea, but I don't know if I would do this if I was "unable to create gold, cps or gears." I think that if you kept this it would be better with (invisibilty, teleport, trace) these skills could pretty be much the reward that you receive for this. But of course there would be times when you could not use these.

Overall, it might be difficult to find people for every single server that is constantly active and not able to do play the game, just catch botters.
Battle Power: 223
Nobility Rank: Earl
Clan: Uchiha (Clan Leader)

I quit Conquer Online. It was fun while it lasted...

Last edited by Jath1998; 2011-12-06 at 08:56 PM..
JaththeGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-06, 08:57 PM   #3
Dark~Colossus
Super Moderator

Dark~Colossus Knight -- on a good road but it's earlyDark~Colossus Knight -- on a good road but it's early

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaththeGod View Post
This would be a great idea, but I don't know if I would do this if I was "unable to create gold, cps or gears." I think that if you kept this it would be better with (invisibilty, teleport, trace) these skills could pretty be much the reward that you receive for this. But of course there would be times when you could not use these.

Overall, it might be difficult to find people for every single server that is constantly active and not able to do anything.
Although yes I agree to an extent, the ability to massively make profit out of this by creating things like MoneyBags would be ridiculous. Maybe TQ would set their own reward for this, but I don't want to set one myself as it's just more likely to be rejected if I do.
And you would only have those skills on the PGM character, not on your main.
Well yes, but it's worth a shot

Zale 110-127-130
Water-Trojan-Archer

Mausoleum 130 - 130
Monk - Monk

Dark Server
Vanquish

I'm the mod ya'll!

Old 2011-12-06, 09:03 PM   #4
JaththeGod

JaththeGod Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark~Colossus View Post
Although yes I agree to an extent, the ability to massively make profit out of this by creating things like MoneyBags would be ridiculous. Maybe TQ would set their own reward for this, but I don't want to set one myself as it's just more likely to be rejected if I do.
And you would only have those skills on the PGM character, not on your main.
Well yes, but it's worth a shot
Player Moderators should get a special look to them like GM's do. I could see myself doing this but not forever. Maybe for a few months because I rotate between 3 PC Games...
Battle Power: 223
Nobility Rank: Earl
Clan: Uchiha (Clan Leader)

I quit Conquer Online. It was fun while it lasted...
JaththeGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-06, 09:20 PM   #5
Dark~Colossus
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaththeGod View Post
Player Moderators should get a special look to them like GM's do. I could see myself doing this but not forever. Maybe for a few months because I rotate between 3 PC Games...
Yeah they'd be able to be the GM Pig.

Zale 110-127-130
Water-Trojan-Archer

Mausoleum 130 - 130
Monk - Monk

Dark Server
Vanquish

I'm the mod ya'll!

Old 2011-12-06, 09:56 PM   #6
Vanish

Vanish Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

Look i am all for this, i would throw my self at the opportunity to be honest, i spend a lot of time online in conquer doing nothing at all anyway, So why not devote a lot of that empty time to cracking down on botting?

I agree as well no reward should be needed, id happily devote 2-3 hours a day to actively searching for botters, freeing up lag on my server would be reward enough.

Just the ability to be invisible, pre ban, and teleport would be needed on these accounts, they should also have a PGM within every account this way these players can help monitor other servers, but i believe 2-3 PGM's per servers would be sufficient don't you think?

Eternity
Sin_Bunny
tro-tro-tro-arch-tro-nin-nin-nin-monk-war-fire
130-132-134

Currently ranked 5th on the top KO board for my server.
http://co.rank.91.com/enzf/ko.aspx

I deliberately spell words wrong. Call me out on it.
Vanish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-06, 10:01 PM   #7
Dark~Colossus
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
Look i am all for this, i would throw my self at the opportunity to be honest, i spend a lot of time online in conquer doing nothing at all anyway, So why not devote a lot of that empty time to cracking down on botting?

I agree as well no reward should be needed, id happily devote 2-3 hours a day to actively searching for botters, freeing up lag on my server would be reward enough.

Just the ability to be invisible, pre ban, and teleport would be needed on these accounts, they should also have a PGM within every account this way these players can help monitor other servers, but i believe 2-3 PGM's per servers would be sufficient don't you think?
Yeah I'm pretty happy with that. The ability to log any server to go search for botters (say if they were reported here on these forums) there, seems like a perfectly valid suggestion. I'll put it in my report (hehe I feel just like Meph)

Zale 110-127-130
Water-Trojan-Archer

Mausoleum 130 - 130
Monk - Monk

Dark Server
Vanquish

I'm the mod ya'll!

Old 2011-12-06, 10:38 PM   #8
Vanish

Vanish Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inheritence View Post
Yeah I'm pretty happy with that. The ability to log any server to go search for botters (say if they were reported here on these forums) there, seems like a perfectly valid suggestion. I'll put it in my report (hehe I feel just like Meph)
lol speaking of Meph, haven't seen him in a while i take it the new expansion is keeping him fairly busy or something?

Eternity
Sin_Bunny
tro-tro-tro-arch-tro-nin-nin-nin-monk-war-fire
130-132-134

Currently ranked 5th on the top KO board for my server.
http://co.rank.91.com/enzf/ko.aspx

I deliberately spell words wrong. Call me out on it.
Vanish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 07:39 AM   #9
MonsterDo

MonsterDo Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

-I'd love to do this, but i doubt it'll happen
-True, GMs aren't active enough, but they aren't TRUSTWORTHY enough or EXPERIENCED enough either
-I can already see players abusing this opportunity for their friends to work the "system"

edit: post this on regular forum

Last edited by monsterlee; 2011-12-07 at 07:52 AM..
MonsterDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 06:01 PM   #10
~Nicknac~

~Nicknac~ Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

its a good idea, and id like to do it too

but

tq wont do it

there has already been threads about it

~Nicknac~ is offline   Reply With Quote