View Poll Results: Should thunder be available only for ppl with taoist in their rebirth path?
Yes. 14 48.28%
No, keep it as it is. 15 51.72%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2011-10-03, 06:46 AM   #11
ItsJustMe
Junior Member
 
Join Date: 2011-03-22
Posts: 45
ItsJustMe Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khev View Post
Or a slightly better idea. Have the requirement to use thunder/fire 20/80 spirit, unless your a taoist. So you can't just allot the points to learn it, and then reallot it back to vitality or something. You would have to keep 20 or 80 spirit to be able to use it.
^ I find this a good idea.
ItsJustMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-03, 10:30 AM   #12
Dark~Colossus
Super Moderator
 
Dark~Colossus's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2011-04-25
Posts: 908
Dark~Colossus Knight -- on a good road but it's earlyDark~Colossus Knight -- on a good road but it's early
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommit View Post
But a pure ninja has very few skills that work against classes without being able to get right up on them. Example...Archer flies you bring down flies again you bring down flies again...zap him down Monk jumping past you WWK back and fourth across the arena and you cant get close zap until you get him froze enough to slice him Archer shooting you from off screen you just cant catch him...start zapping Taosit jumping all around with or without shield and you cant quite catch them...zap em I am pure ninja and though I would rather not Zap sometimes it has come down to me having to zap to even get a fighting chance in some arenas and tourns. The zap does not do much damage when fighting someone since i have no real magic attack bonuses but when I cant catch someone all over the screen I can zap and most of the time get a hit off while their slightly stunned to win my match.
But that's the point, archers are meant to run away! They can only hit you like 600 maximum at a time, if you can't catch them and (as a ninja) use your attack which has range and doesn't use any stamina when it does hit. Also a pure ninja has counter kill as well as poison star, so while they are running away, they can't heal and every 15 seconds they are attacked by you... Oh yeah and you can bring them to the ground with Archer Bane...
I truly don't see how ninja's can complain about this. The sheer amount of time I face bulker pure ninjas, who's counter kill not enough to 1 hit, and I hit enough in the 15 seconds gap to mean I do more damage who resort to poison zapping is just ABSURD!
It's classes like Warrior and Trojan who would be truly disadvantaged by the removal of zap, as they have absolutely no attack to attack a flying character - even Herc only hits on the ground at range...
__________________
Colossus 125 - 130 - 136
Trojan - Trojan - Trojan
Finally returned to Trojan after taking a year off to be Warrior...

Zale 110-127-130
Water-Trojan-Archer

Mausoleum 130 - 130
Monk - Monk

Dark Server
Vanquish

I'm the mod ya'll!


Dark~Colossus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 08:53 AM   #13
Impulse~
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 2011-03-18
Location: Deus Ex Machina
Posts: 559
Impulse~ Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise
Default

Whoa... It just hit me, how powerful a full +12 archer would be o_o May not be very effective against full +12s, but anyone with a +9 or lower tower would get completely raped by one.

-Makes new account-

Ninja wearing archer gears, bow in alt equipment, +12 ring and fan, oh I'm an idiot... Not to mention if you have even just a P4 bow permed on a normal bow you can get 120 in 2 hours, with JUST that bow. Imagine if you had full perm to start off with it 130 in like 45 minutes. I found a new way to make moneyyy

Thanks Colossus

Seeing as I have 2 +12 coats a +12 plume and a +12 hood I can just use 1 coat on my ninja with the hood and the 2nd coat and the plume on said archer. Time to rape them 129 tourneys every week Taoists won't see it comin when an archers doin 1.2k damage cause their towers SUCK. STGs in gear FTW, makes taoists hit sooo low xD

About thunder/fire, I think about the 20 spirit for thunder/80 spirit for fire would be good. They would have to use thunder because they wouldn't sacrifice that much HP for fire, which would then mean that they would only use thunder which is incapable of offscreening.
Impulse~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 08:55 AM   #14
ItsJustMe
Junior Member
 
Join Date: 2011-03-22
Posts: 45
ItsJustMe Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark~Colossus View Post
But that's the point, archers are meant to run away! They can only hit you like 600 maximum at a time, if you can't catch them and (as a ninja) use your attack which has range and doesn't use any stamina when it does hit. Also a pure ninja has counter kill as well as poison star, so while they are running away, they can't heal and every 15 seconds they are attacked by you... Oh yeah and you can bring them to the ground with Archer Bane...
I truly don't see how ninja's can complain about this. The sheer amount of time I face bulker pure ninjas, who's counter kill not enough to 1 hit, and I hit enough in the 15 seconds gap to mean I do more damage who resort to poison zapping is just ABSURD!
It's classes like Warrior and Trojan who would be truly disadvantaged by the removal of zap, as they have absolutely no attack to attack a flying character - even Herc only hits on the ground at range...
So make it as khev said - must have 20 or 80 att points to use the skill. So there wouldn't be something for nothing.
ItsJustMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 01:11 PM   #15
~Matt~
Veteran Member
 
~Matt~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 2011-03-13
Location: Wales, United Kingdom
Posts: 2,446
~Matt~ Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khev View Post
Or a slightly better idea. Have the requirement to use thunder/fire 20/80 spirit, unless your a taoist. So you can't just allot the points to learn it, and then reallot it back to vitality or something. You would have to keep 20 or 80 spirit to be able to use it.
I don't agree Khev. I think taos would have to keep the spirit too! Otherwise that's like saying tro's only need to dual wield once, when learning herc, then they can herc with any weapon combination.
__________________
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
|||||
Name: ~Ma††~ Class: Wat – War – Tro Level: 130-130-140 |||||
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||


How to change your nickname

My Suggestions:
Conquer 3.0
No switching teams in Team PK
Guild Honorary Positions Tweak
~Matt~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 02:17 PM   #16
Khev
Veteran Member
 
Khev's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2011-03-10
Location: New York.
Posts: 1,627
Khev Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Matt~ View Post
I don't agree Khev. I think taos would have to keep the spirit too! Otherwise that's like saying tro's only need to dual wield once, when learning herc, then they can herc with any weapon combination.
Well, the only reason I said that was because noob taos don't automatically start off with 20 spirit. So they wouldn't have any way to level unless they melee'd or they were smart enough to do the bonus quests. Maybe just have it with thunder? Would fix the massive fire tao's health problem.
__________________
Khev
Dreams - Honor/Justice
131-132-140 Water-Warrior-Trojan

Fixed: Phoenix, Celestial, Seizer , and Penetration.

Fixed Proficiencies: Club, Blade, Dagger, Scepter, Sword, Hook, Axe, Whip, Hammer.

A skill is only as good as the person using it.
The above statement in TQ games is False.
Khev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-05, 03:55 AM   #17
Boots
Full Member
 
Join Date: 2011-03-13
Posts: 103
Boots Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommit View Post
But a pure ninja has very few skills that work against classes without being able to get right up on them. Example...Archer flies you bring down flies again you bring down flies again...zap him down Monk jumping past you WWK back and fourth across the arena and you cant get close zap until you get him froze enough to slice him Archer shooting you from off screen you just cant catch him...start zapping Taosit jumping all around with or without shield and you cant quite catch them...zap em I am pure ninja and though I would rather not Zap sometimes it has come down to me having to zap to even get a fighting chance in some arenas and tourns. The zap does not do much damage when fighting someone since i have no real magic attack bonuses but when I cant catch someone all over the screen I can zap and most of the time get a hit off while their slightly stunned to win my match.
be a better ninja? i dont seem to have these problems... infact i have full +12 tros and ninjas zapping me in elite pkt if they didnt get stig looool.. sometimes i lose because i run out of time dam scrubs with money =\
__________________
Gµardian
Water-Ninja-Ninja
130-130-140
Ûñdëƒìñêd Deputy Leader
Duke
356 Battle power
Super SDG/SDG +12 -7 Hood
Super SDG/SDG +7 -7 Necky
Super SDG/SDG +12 -7 Katana
Super SDG/SDG +12 -7 Katana
Super SDG/SDG +12 -7 Armor
Super SDG/SDG +12 -7 Ring
Super SDG/SDG +8 -7 Boots
Super STG/STG +7 -1 Fan
Super SGG/SGG +8 -1 Tower
Super +8 -1 RidingCrop
Spotted Steed +12
JadeHare -1
Gourd -1
Boots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-05, 07:04 AM   #18
~Matt~
Veteran Member
 
~Matt~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 2011-03-13
Location: Wales, United Kingdom
Posts: 2,446
~Matt~ Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boots View Post
be a better ninja? i dont seem to have these problems... infact i have full +12 tros and ninjas zapping me in elite pkt if they didnt get stig looool.. sometimes i lose because i run out of time dam scrubs with money =\
Ninjas are ping related classes, and before you say "Get better internet." Ping has nothing to do with how fast your internet is. So, in the case of Tommit, I can feel his pain with ping related skills!
__________________
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
|||||
Name: ~Ma††~ Class: Wat – War – Tro Level: 130-130-140 |||||
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||


How to change your nickname

My Suggestions:
Conquer 3.0
No switching teams in Team PK
Guild Honorary Positions Tweak
~Matt~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-06, 01:26 AM   #19
Tommit
Veteran Member
 
Tommit's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2011-03-23
Location: Dark Server, USA
Posts: 2,378
Tommit Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise
尴尬

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boots View Post
be a better ninja? i dont seem to have these problems... infact i have full +12 tros and ninjas zapping me in elite pkt if they didnt get stig looool.. sometimes i lose because i run out of time dam scrubs with money =\
Well according to your signature you are also working with a lot of good gears and -damage on all....so those of us who do not have these luxuries yet do not have all that nice defense. I am currently working with 7k health an that can be drained during one fly with a good archer while he is draining stamina and i can not use archerbane to bring him down...or a monk who is so fast back and fourth doing WWK that by the time I am down and heading back to him I am in the air again....or even taoist zapping from so far away nothing I have as a ninja is useful. So zap is my last resort and without it I would not be able to win half the tourns and matches I enter against these others...oh and lets not forget hercers their range surpasses Two fold blade by far, so getting close enough for a two fold blade can be hard at times. I bought the zap because of how hard it can be to fight some of these other players who get such good range...I do get my wins without having to use it a lot of the time. But there are them few that it just has to be used.
__________________
Tommit
Pure Ninja - LVL 140
Server: Element - Dark
Guild Leader of Ki11az
...


REAL GAMERS don't need BOTS
Tommit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-06, 11:07 AM   #20
Impulse~
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 2011-03-18
Location: Deus Ex Machina
Posts: 559
Impulse~ Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boots View Post
be a better ninja? i dont seem to have these problems... infact i have full +12 tros and ninjas zapping me in elite pkt if they didnt get stig looool.. sometimes i lose because i run out of time dam scrubs with money =\
I don't know if I can speak for you, but you seem pretty confident so I will. Not everyone can twofold as well as we can. Although then again, I have yet to meet someone who can as well as me. Some people just don't got it.

Although I do have to say, if you really can't twofold well whether it be because of ping or because you just can't twofold, you shouldn't be playing a ninja, even people who ss can hit when they lag because its a directional ability, theres still that chance to hit, but with twofold unless you are right beside the person and click on them it just won't hit. Before I upgraded my net I faced this problem daily, thats why I went fire. Even with my lag I could still jump around and nado as a fire, not only that, but lag actually benefits fire taos, because hits don't go off for 4-5 seconds after they are used, which then means that you could have 4-5 hits going off in quick succession, dealing 5x the normal damage causing you to kill people you normally couldn't without making them run out of pots.
Impulse~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:54 AM.