View Poll Results: Cool Down to Azure Shield?
Yes 35 57.38%
No 23 37.70%
Could be better ways to fix it. 3 4.92%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-07-07, 07:20 AM   #1
Sayayin

Sayayin Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise
Default Add CoolDown to Azure Shield

Please. It's too spamable the way it is now. It's already hard to chase a noob full STG water that you can't hit, and when yuo do, he just spas shield again and you have to repeat. And by the time he is not able to acst it again, your stamina is lost and you can't regain as he won't stop zapping you.

I suggest a cool down time for it. Could be 10 seconds or 15, just something that keeps them frmo spamming again and again.
Sayayin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-07, 07:29 AM   #2
~Matt~
Veteran Member

~Matt~ Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

30 second cool down. yes. and a higher stamina requirment
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

How to change your nickname

My Suggestions:
Conquer 3.0
No switching teams in Team PK
Guild Honorary Positions Tweak
~Matt~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-07, 02:16 PM   #3
WarDandan

WarDandan Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Matt~ View Post
30 second cool down. yes. and a higher stamina requirment
^that
WarDandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-07, 02:55 PM   #4
AndyAoki
Rookie

AndyAoki Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

I dont think its a good idea, because water taoist do not have a good atack except those who use guns.

And the keypoint of class is the defense!
AndyAoki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-07, 03:40 PM   #5
Khev
Veteran Member

Khev Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyAoki View Post
I dont think its a good idea, because water taoist do not have a good atack except those who use guns.

No one uses guns. And water taos are meant to be the "support" class, not one that can take loads of damage. The word tank wouldn't really fit in, but Azure Shield kinda makes it.

Fixed: Phoenix, Celestial, Seizer , and Penetration.

Fixed Proficiencies: Club, Blade, Dagger, Scepter, Sword, Hook, Axe, Whip, Hammer.

A skill is only as good as the person using it.
The above statement in TQ games is False.
Khev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-07, 04:36 PM   #6
Sayayin

Sayayin Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyAoki View Post

False. Keypoint of waters is to support. The defense class is warrior, that's why they are not too high in attack.
Sayayin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-07, 05:34 PM   #7
AndyAoki
Rookie

AndyAoki Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

Yes but azure shield increase defense and make hard a lot to hit if the player got a higher bp.

A lot of players play with pure water using spear to atack.

And for this, azure shield and rev are the keypoint for pure waters.

It make no sense colldown azure shield, if it had to do the same with monk skills (who got more bp get less dmg, and pure monk skills). If that happened it would favor the other classes and reduce the usefulness of pure water.

Ps: just my opinion
AndyAoki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-07, 05:44 PM   #8
Impulse~

Impulse~ Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

Stop crying because you can't 1 herc pure waters. If they sacrifice THAT much attack to not die they deserve to live. You just don't like that they can beat you for points in events.

Source? I've played every class and pure water with STGs is extremely underpowered, sure they can take your hits, but what will they hit you? 2k? 3k maybe?

Currently a ninja, so don't even try the whole "your a water so of course you would defend it" nonsense.
Impulse~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-07, 06:22 PM   #9
~Matt~
Veteran Member

~Matt~ Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impulse~ View Post
Stop crying because you can't 1 herc pure waters. If they sacrifice THAT much attack to not die they deserve to live. You just don't like that they can beat you for points in events.

Source? I've played every class and pure water with STGs is extremely underpowered, sure they can take your hits, but what will they hit you? 2k? 3k maybe?

Currently a ninja, so don't even try the whole "your a water so of course you would defend it" nonsense.
I would have to disagree with a water with full STG hitting 2-3k is underpowered. For the amount of SPGs they have left, this is quite the opposite.

+12 lvl 140 ears, +12 lvl 140 armour, +12 lvl 139 ears and +8 tower and a pure water wearing lvl 15 gear with lvl 70 brac and bs hits me for 1.7k with full stg.

It takes me 3 stigged hercs to simply remove his azure shield for him to simply recast, so yes, it needs a stamina increase and a timed cool down.

Monk pure skill has a cool down, so why not azure?
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

How to change your nickname

My Suggestions:
Conquer 3.0
No switching teams in Team PK
Guild Honorary Positions Tweak
~Matt~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-07, 07:08 PM   #10
Impulse~

Impulse~ Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Matt~ View Post
I would have to disagree with a water with full STG hitting 2-3k is underpowered. For the amount of SPGs they have left, this is quite the opposite.

+12 lvl 140 ears, +12 lvl 140 armour, +12 lvl 139 ears and +8 tower and a pure water wearing lvl 15 gear with lvl 70 brac and bs hits me for 1.7k with full stg.

It takes me 3 stigged hercs to simply remove his azure shield for him to simply recast, so yes, it needs a stamina increase and a timed cool down.

Monk pure skill has a cool down, so why not azure?
Actually I was referring to melee, everyone knows penetration is overpowered, SPGs are nothing anymore, when I was a water I had 4 SKGs and 8 STGs, 2 SKGs in my coat and plume, I still did near full damage, but basing a skill off of those few people in a server that do that isn't fair at all.

And as far as it taking 3 stigged hercs to remove the azure from that water with level 15 gears, I would really like to see it, because all the - dmg and the STGs in the world aren't going to make you do less than 4k UNLESS he is higher battle power than you, which again, if that's the case, everyone knows battle power is fucked.

But there are supposed to be fixes on the way for penetration AND battle power, so don't go trying to strip off a water's only useful skill because you cant wait for those changes to be made.

I'll make the same argument every ninja makes for ck, every trojan makes for dragon whirl, every warrior makes for XP Shield(they don't really have a useful pure skill, but now with 130+ gears their defense is so OP if they have XP shield)

You sacrifice all warrior skills, all ninja skills, all trojan skills, all monk skills to be a pure water with that 12k shield, no reflect, no xp shield, no fog, no serenity, no cyclone or superman. So why shouldn't it be that powerful?

Look at the fire tao pure skill, it was supposed to be godly, but within the first day they made it activate like fire meteor because it was too powerful to hit THAT often even with a 100 stamina cost.

But if you want to go with saying a the monk skill has a cooldown why shouldn't azure, why shouldn't your herc have a cooldown? The easiest skill in the game(yes, I am saying easier than nado) you stand still and right click. That's it. Maybe occasionally jump around because someone is higher BP and going to herc you as well, but really. How hard is it to herc someone and pull off 115% damage.

Why don't weapons unequip when you relot? That is a very valid argument in this situation too, not only are all the melee classes doing so much damage, but now they can reallot to have MORE HP than a taoist(which was supposed to have higher HP to make up for such incredibly low defense) and STILL do full damage, now I know, WarDandan is going to come in here saying technically they don't do full damage because they do lose that 176-176 attack, but really, how much of a difference is that gonna make?

When herc has a cooldown and penetration isn't overpowered then you'll be asking for a cooldown on potions too, because no one will be able to 1 hit anyone anymore.

At which point warrior will become the most OP class of all because their capabilities of getting 70k defense(with XP shield) will make every other class do less than 1k. Have you seen a warrior with a coat and hood? It's fuckin godly. That's all I will say. Full defense of a warrior, plus the magic def of a taoist. So than what? You nerf the warriors XP shield to only 2x defense, you remove the HP from their shields. So they are brought down SOMEWHAT reasonable, who is the new OP?

Signs say ninjas!! At which point you people come bitching and complaining "ninjas do too much damage compared to everyone else" so TFB gets nerfed to maybe 100% damage, who is on top again? That's right, trojans and monks. And the cycle repeats.
Impulse~ is offline   Reply With Quote