Old 2011-05-20, 08:52 PM   #21
Blackknite

Blackknite Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Matt~ View Post
umm, the problem is, when they say "30mb cable" or whatever you have, that means 30mb is the max speed.. rarely ever does it reach max speed and is often a fraction of what the max is!

Over in the UK, max is like 20mb if i remember right, see how far behind we are! and we had 20mb here, but were only running at just over 1mbps.. changed providers, and slightly better, at 4mbps
dude you clearly need to go to school before making remarks about computers. First off we live in the USA. Second an Ethernet Cable can go way able 30 Mbs. now you don't know what you are talking about stop posting on it.
Guild Leader Of UnderwldKnights

TRUE GAMERS don't BOT

^ When bots outnumber real players a game is not a game anymore.
Blackknite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-20, 08:55 PM   #22
Blackknite

Blackknite Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

Quote:
Virgin broadband isnt actually fibre optics
Its fibre optics upto your local telephone exchange, then from your local exchange to your house, it is still copper wired.
Use speedtest.net to see exactly what speed your currently operating at
Also there are cables now that are fybre optic from wall to computer. Please read about the new technology around the worrld like your comment abotu the lady with 40 Gbs.
Guild Leader Of UnderwldKnights

TRUE GAMERS don't BOT

^ When bots outnumber real players a game is not a game anymore.
Blackknite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-20, 09:06 PM   #23
Tommit
Veteran Member

Tommit Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise
Default Grrr...

Through out today I have been disconnected a lot. I put myself in offline TG came back and still having same problem. What is going on with Dark server today???
Guild Leader of Ki11az

REAL GAMERS don't need BOTS
Tommit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-20, 09:26 PM   #24
Khev
Veteran Member

Khev Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

If I had to take a guess, I'm guessing the server with more people are dcing more often. I, being on Honor/Justice, which isn't one of the new servers, so it's not flooded hardly get dced, except through practical reasons like glitch jumping and such. So dark could just be overflowing with people up to the point where its just kicking people off.

Fixed: Phoenix, Celestial, Seizer , and Penetration.

Fixed Proficiencies: Club, Blade, Dagger, Scepter, Sword, Hook, Axe, Whip, Hammer.

A skill is only as good as the person using it.
The above statement in TQ games is False.
Khev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-20, 11:36 PM   #25
Tommit
Veteran Member

Tommit Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khev View Post
If I had to take a guess, I'm guessing the server with more people are dcing more often. I, being on Honor/Justice, which isn't one of the new servers, so it's not flooded hardly get dced, except through practical reasons like glitch jumping and such. So dark could just be overflowing with people up to the point where its just kicking people off.
could be, been happening all day with me
Guild Leader of Ki11az

REAL GAMERS don't need BOTS
Tommit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-21, 01:07 AM   #26
~Matt~
Veteran Member

~Matt~ Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

Quote:
Originally Posted by User457487605 View Post
dude you clearly need to go to school before making remarks about computers. First off we live in the USA. Second an Ethernet Cable can go way able 30 Mbs. now you don't know what you are talking about stop posting on it.
I never said you were in the UK. I do not need to go to school, and know quite a bit. I didn't once mention Ethernet cables, so i have no idea what your point is? I am also talking about how ISP claim to provide UPTO certain speeds, but you rarely ever reach the maximum speeds and 90% of the time will only be running at a fraction of it as there are many factors to take into consideration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by User457487605 View Post
Also there are cables now that are fybre optic from wall to computer. Please read about the new technology around the worrld like your comment abotu the lady with 40 Gbs.
It doesn't matter if you got fibre optics from wall to computer if you haven't got fibre optics going from the local telephone exchange to your house, Which, the UK doesn't have. There is currently a trial under way in London which is hooking some lucky houses up with fibre optic cables in a bid to test a new 1.5gbps internet connection. As for the story i posted about the lady with 40gbs, that was specially set up to show it can be done, it had the local councils help, etc.
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

How to change your nickname

My Suggestions:
Conquer 3.0
No switching teams in Team PK
Guild Honorary Positions Tweak
~Matt~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-22, 03:46 PM   #27
Eurochic

Eurochic Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

Quote:
Virgin broadband isnt actually fibre optics
Its fibre optics upto your local telephone exchange, then from your local exchange to your house, it is still copper wired.
Use speedtest.net to see exactly what speed your currently operating at
It is fibre optics to my house I saw them laying it, many years ago. I am ex NTL.

I can download 'stuff' and depending on the speed of the upload its 2.25 mbps ie 20 meg. I usually get this speed from the BBC website. I can have a free upgrade to 30 meg but I like my Netgear Router and its security features.
Eurochic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-23, 01:27 AM   #28
~Matt~
Veteran Member

~Matt~ Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurochic View Post
It is fibre optics to my house I saw them laying it, many years ago. I am ex NTL.

I can download 'stuff' and depending on the speed of the upload its 2.25 mbps ie 20 meg. I usually get this speed from the BBC website. I can have a free upgrade to 30 meg but I like my Netgear Router and its security features.
Quote:
The current problem with fibre optic is its lack of availability. Cable supplier Virgin Media has converted its network but this is not available everywhere. Additionally, fibre optic is only installed to street cabinets, with copper wire still going from there into premises.
See, no where in the UK currently has fibre optics going to the house.

If you would like to read more, you can do so here.
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

How to change your nickname

My Suggestions:
Conquer 3.0
No switching teams in Team PK
Guild Honorary Positions Tweak
~Matt~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-23, 04:24 AM   #29
LadyGothica

LadyGothica Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommit View Post
How do you knwo how many you are running on so I can look?
Its in your Network and Sharing Center (Windows 7), Network (Windows XP).

Just go into it and look at your "Local Area Connection", It tells you what speed your Internet is coming through at, but it also depends on your PC and how much of that internet it can actually handle via LAN Card. Also take a look at your packets (sent and received).

Normally if you have good internet and it says your getting 100 mbps and you have say anywhere from 10k-50k sent and received... your not getting the full 100 mbps it says your capable of getting. Now mine on the other hand... I get 100 mbps and have a range of 765kk - 2.2kkk as my sent and received lol.

Packets (sent and received) are what your ISP are throwing at your computer basically also what your computer is intaking from the ISP. lol sometimes its complicated stuff but that's about the jist of it.
that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to Thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be."

"In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti."

Myths / Basilisk - Pegasus - Medusa
LadyGo†hica - Wat / War / Tro
131-131-134
Guild Leader - Quo Vadis
LadyGothica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-23, 04:28 AM   #30
LadyGothica

LadyGothica Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

Quote:
depends entirely where in the world you are. It is possible to get a lot faster.. look at this for example..

lol yea, I'm in the US and here we have fiber optics that can run up to 150 mbps...

But that is seriously expensive, I have an upgraded package through a cable service that's about as best as you can get without paying a fortune otherwise. Also a good LAN card to support high speeds of internet. But I could spend a small fortune to get a better LAN card.. but that's how PC's / Internet go... there's always better.. it's what you can afford and where you are in the world that's the issue.
that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to Thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be."

"In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti."

Myths / Basilisk - Pegasus - Medusa
LadyGo†hica - Wat / War / Tro
131-131-134
Guild Leader - Quo Vadis
LadyGothica is offline   Reply With Quote