Thread: disconnects!!!
View Single Post
Old 2011-05-25, 01:41 AM   #47
~Matt~
Veteran Member

~Matt~ Ordinary Player -- showing a lot of promise

Quote:
Originally Posted by JENZOS View Post
Something wrong there Matt Virgin broadband is fibre optic cable all the way to the main box in the house or flats that you live in the only people that still have copper wire is BT even when they are saying "Putting in fibre optic cable " LOL , they well behind Virgin i have been with Virgin now 3 Yrs only bout 4 problems with internet Going to do speed test while i have this open & CO game cos i have tested before i was 9.4mb not bad that on 10mb ot upgraded it et cos no need ok

RESULTS Ping: 52ms DownLoad Speed:9.59mbps Upload speed:0.49mbps. this test is with firefox open, co site, co forum, co game
so not bad sppedi have found that some Anti Virus Dced you because it finds the bot check software that it thinks is malware so closes the game down

ONLY SOME AREAS OF UK HAVE THE CHANCE TO GET VIRGIN BROADBAND aka NTL aka TELEWEST all Virgin Media now !!
How many times do i have to tell people, Virgin Media is only fibre optic to the nearest exchange. Again, here is an article from the advertising standards authority directly, with responses to these problems from virgin.

http://www.asa.org.uk/ASA-action/Adj...ADJ_43928.aspx

And I will quote exactly what it says.

Quote:
Virgin Media Ltd (Virgin) said the ads were intended to highlight that cable broadband was different from ADSL broadband. Virgin explained that they did not use copper wire to deliver broadband to their customers, but used aluminium or steel wire with a copper coating instead. They said the copper coating was used to shield their signals from interference and not to transmit the signals. Virgin explained that their backbone network was a "hybrid fibre co-axial" network, which used fibre-optic cables all the way to within approximately 500 metres of their customers' homes. They said from there it passed over high quality copper-coated aluminium co-axial cables to within 150 metres of the home. They said the final connection to the customer was made from the street cabinet over high quality copper-coated steel co-axial cables. They explained that co-axial cable was used as a high-frequency transmission line to carry a high-frequency or broadband signal.
(and by the way, I have virgin media too.)
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

How to change your nickname

My Suggestions:
Conquer 3.0
No switching teams in Team PK
Guild Honorary Positions Tweak
~Matt~ is offline   Reply With Quote