Forums

Forums (http://vipclub.99.com/index.php)
-   Gaming Discussion (http://vipclub.99.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Defence bow (http://vipclub.99.com/showthread.php?t=675)

2011-04-21 02:16 PM

Defence bow
 
Does it really help????is it worth of making it??some people call it the suicide bow because when the shield activates u cant fly,is it true...I want answers
tnx

2011-04-21 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by User631248882 (Post 10198)
Does it really help????is it worth of making it??some people call it the suicide bow because when the shield activates u cant fly,is it true...I want answers
tnx

That used to be the case, I'm not sure of it anymore. If I had to guess, it doesn't.

2011-04-21 05:12 PM

They used to be called suicide bows but they don't stop you flying any more. Whether they're worth using is another matter.

I just tested that you can still fly when the shield activates. The archer I took was only half-equipped and I thought it would be a quick test, so I took her out in the pheasants and turtledoves first, then tried scattering poltergeists and single-shooting at ghost kings. Maybe it's because the monsters were so low-level, but I did a good half hour of killing before a shield came up. It finally happened just as I'd given up and was heading back through the robins.

Maybe it would activate more frequently in monsters near your level. Or in PvP situations. Even so, you'd have to think about how you'll use the bow. If you're going to be mostly plevelling, for example, and it hardly ever activates it's probably not going to be worth it, in my opinion.

Maybe someone with more experience using them could comment on the activation rate?

2011-04-21 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twoflower (Post 10208)
They used to be called suicide bows but they don't stop you flying any more. Whether they're worth using is another matter.

I just tested that you can still fly when the shield activates. The archer I took was only half-equipped and I thought it would be a quick test, so I took her out in the pheasants and turtledoves first, then tried scattering poltergeists and single-shooting at ghost kings. Maybe it's because the monsters were so low-level, but I did a good half hour of killing before a shield came up. It finally happened just as I'd given up and was heading back through the robins.

Maybe it would activate more frequently in monsters near your level. Or in PvP situations. Even so, you'd have to think about how you'll use the bow. If you're going to be mostly plevelling, for example, and it hardly ever activates it's probably not going to be worth it, in my opinion.

Maybe someone with more experience using them could comment on the activation rate?


In my honest opinion its not worth it. If you are going to pvp with it then it's only good for physical damage. And if your flying already when it goes off then all you can get hit with is magic damage anyways. Unless your like Kenneth and don't use fly..... but then that kinda defeats the purpose of the question :P

2011-04-21 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyGothica (Post 10212)
In my honest opinion its not worth it. If you are going to pvp with it then it's only good for physical damage. And if your flying already when it goes off then all you can get hit with is magic damage anyways. Unless your like Kenneth and don't use fly..... but then that kinda defeats the purpose of the question :P

^- What she said. Much cheaper to buy an already made bow than to make one from scratch with a redundant hidden effect.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:20 PM.