Forums

Forums (http://vipclub.99.com/index.php)
-   VIP Polling Booth (http://vipclub.99.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   transferance of servers (http://vipclub.99.com/showthread.php?t=765)

2011-05-01 12:21 AM

transferance of servers
 
do you think TQ should allow a server transfer allowing the character and all the gear and warehouses to transfer as well as nobility donation? i say it is a great idea it will allow ppl to move to a server that offers the PK tournaments more in there time zone I.E. if you live in the America's or Canada you can ensure you play on a US based server if you live in England, Turkey, France, Egypt YADDA YADDA you can play in EU based servers so that people in Egypt and England aren't bitching about getting the time changed and it happen then Americans and Canadians have a conflict of the time for PK tournaments I personally think all PKTs should be held around 1700-1800 server time on all servers also this will help settle the servers that are dying.

2011-05-01 08:50 AM

I also think there should be IP restrictions. Egy players would be restricted to arab CO, euro players be restricted to euro etc etc. This wouldn't affect the current characters, but it would affect all those made in the future.

2011-05-01 09:09 AM

Agreeeeeeedddddd
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaiichi (Post 11061)
I also think there should be IP restrictions. Egy players would be restricted to arab CO, euro players be restricted to euro etc etc. This wouldn't affect the current characters, but it would affect all those made in the future.

yea that would be nice youd have less scammers that way and everyone could understand one another no more guessing

2011-05-03 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArmyGuy (Post 11034)
do you think TQ should allow a server transfer allowing the character and all the gear and warehouses to transfer as well as nobility donation? i say it is a great idea it will allow ppl to move to a server that offers the PK tournaments more in there time zone I.E. if you live in the America's or Canada you can ensure you play on a US based server if you live in England, Turkey, France, Egypt YADDA YADDA you can play in EU based servers so that people in Egypt and England aren't bitching about getting the time changed and it happen then Americans and Canadians have a conflict of the time for PK tournaments I personally think all PKTs should be held around 1700-1800 server time on all servers also this will help settle the servers that are dying.

Maybe something like, Server Groups with different time zones? So you can transfer to a server that best fits your playing time? At the moment, there are 12 groups, excluding Classic and WorldPK. So over a 24 hour time zone, you can make them a 2 hour difference from each group.

2011-05-03 11:09 PM

In fact, the server transfer gets underway, right now the only problem is how we can prevent this service from being abused and exploited by some malevolent players to break apart the balance in other servers.

We are taking every aspect of the game into consideration, that's why it's still not publicly available. This type of service is always being worked on and improved to its relative perfection.

I agree with the OP on that time differentials thing, most people when talking about the transfer mentioned that they really want to move on to another server due to the inevitable timezone effect. Yep, I'll keep an eye on it and see how it will go in the next couple of weeks.

2011-05-06 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mephisto (Post 11279)
In fact, the server transfer gets underway, right now the only problem is how we can prevent this service from being abused and exploited by some malevolent players to break apart the balance in other servers.

We are taking every aspect of the game into consideration, that's why it's still not publicly available. This type of service is always being worked on and improved to its relative perfection.

I agree with the OP on that time differentials thing, most people when talking about the transfer mentioned that they really want to move on to another server due to the inevitable timezone effect. Yep, I'll keep an eye on it and see how it will go in the next couple of weeks.

if you make the move a one time deal that would help prevent the upset but at the same time it would allow some of use to move our gears to a new server if we have decided to move on to a new server for instance i use to play on Thunder and now i play on Lucky7 and it would be nice to have my gear from thunder on lucky7 so i can work on +12s instead of +8s again

2011-05-07 08:33 AM

I started playing CO a bit ago when there were no european servers. Would be amazing if i could finally change to a european server. Acutally that is something we asked for when the european servers were released.
Really sucks to get up at 2 am on sundays to take part at Team PK tourny or at 5:30 to do clan war...

I think it would also be great to get Arabic servers. Just cant deal with that language and i hate to be spammed with words i cant even identify.
So probably set up servers for each continent...

2011-05-07 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TR3x (Post 11640)
I started playing CO a bit ago when there were no european servers. Would be amazing if i could finally change to a european server. Acutally that is something we asked for when the european servers were released.
Really sucks to get up at 2 am on sundays to take part at Team PK tourny or at 5:30 to do clan war...

I think it would also be great to get Arabic servers. Just cant deal with that language and i hate to be spammed with words i cant even identify.
So probably set up servers for each continent...

they have a arabic co but yea i do wish they would seperate them from the US players and EU players as well

2011-05-08 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaiichi (Post 11061)
I also think there should be IP restrictions. Egy players would be restricted to arab CO, euro players be restricted to euro etc etc. This wouldn't affect the current characters, but it would affect all those made in the future.

On the surface that might sound pretty good, but this type of restriction would prevent those of us who actually enjoy meeting people from other countries/cultures from being able to interact with them. Perhaps, leave some servers as they are or make a couple of new ones that are international?

I travel through Europe and the Americas quite often, occassionally also visiting the Philippines and India, so I like meeting new people (foreign and domestic) in real life, as well as online. I'm sure leaving a server or two as is should be ok, as those who would want to only interact with their own kind would have the choice of leaving the server.

2011-05-08 12:03 PM

i want to EU server!!!

2011-05-08 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mephisto (Post 11279)
In fact, the server transfer gets underway, right now the only problem is how we can prevent this service from being abused and exploited by some malevolent players to break apart the balance in other servers.

We are taking every aspect of the game into consideration, that's why it's still not publicly available. This type of service is always being worked on and improved to its relative perfection.

I agree with the OP on that time differentials thing, most people when talking about the transfer mentioned that they really want to move on to another server due to the inevitable timezone effect. Yep, I'll keep an eye on it and see how it will go in the next couple of weeks.

I think the fairest thing to do, and i have stated it before, is make 3-4 brand new european servers, and give all the european players in US based servers the opportunity for a free transfer to a brand new server, taking gears, nobility, etc, with them. This, to me, sounds the fairest way to offer europeans a chance to get to their own time zone.

2011-05-09 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Matt~ (Post 11700)
I think the fairest thing to do, and i have stated it before, is make 3-4 brand new european servers, and give all the european players in US based servers the opportunity for a free transfer to a brand new server, taking gears, nobility, etc, with them.

The problem with that, while it sounds great on the surface, is why should only eur players get a free pass to a different server? What if Im in the US, dont like my server but am stuck here since this is where i sunk my money? Maybe I want to go to a diff US server where my pals are. Hell, maybe i WANT to go to a eur server! Why does a eur get to move and I dont? TQ would never hear the end of it. No, whatever happens has to happen the same for everyone, and thats a tough one to call. Unfortunately, there will always be someone somewhere who is unhappy with the outcome, but hopefully it will be fair and equal for all players everywhere. I am interested in hearing more about it tho, such as expected timeline (lol, i know, i know) and more details. Mephisto, can ya give us anything new?

2011-05-09 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fudo (Post 11772)
The problem with that, while it sounds great on the surface, is why should only eur players get a free pass to a different server? What if Im in the US, dont like my server but am stuck here since this is where i sunk my money? Maybe I want to go to a diff US server where my pals are. Hell, maybe i WANT to go to a eur server! Why does a eur get to move and I dont? TQ would never hear the end of it. No, whatever happens has to happen the same for everyone, and thats a tough one to call. Unfortunately, there will always be someone somewhere who is unhappy with the outcome, but hopefully it will be fair and equal for all players everywhere. I am interested in hearing more about it tho, such as expected timeline (lol, i know, i know) and more details. Mephisto, can ya give us anything new?

Im not saying US players can't move.. as server transfer will be available to all, however, nobility will be wiped on transfer. But, for many old players, there were no european servers around when they signed up which is why im suggesting completely new servers just for europeans to move to which takes everything.

If your a US in a US server and want to move server, yes, you should lose something, same as if your a Euro in Euro server and want to move server you should also lose something.

What im suggesting is a way for TQ to be kind for those players that never had the option.

2011-05-09 11:51 PM

or to make things fair open 3 new servers one for each region and allow you to move to the one of your choice but also allowing you to go to a pre-existing server like if you play nature thunder you can move to one of the other servers currently open

2011-05-10 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArmyGuy (Post 11806)
or to make things fair open 3 new servers one for each region and allow you to move to the one of your choice but also allowing you to go to a pre-existing server like if you play nature thunder you can move to one of the other servers currently open

Umm, set up 3 completely new servers just to brace themselves for the upcoming traffic from other servers?

Then what happened to the old servers? Merge them with other servers and shorten the names?

There is one theory set in place, I don't know if this could be altered or changed, but that's the mainstream theory thus far. The theory includes:

New servers cannot be chosen as the destination server if you want to move out from your server.

Classic servers don't allow players to move in, but it's permitted to get out.

Every player will ONLY be given one chance per half year to pay and pull stakes from the original server, and the previous two laws are still in effect.

---

That's what I've got so far, it's not finalized yet, maybe the agreement on how this will work will be reached, I'll let you guys know how it works.

2011-05-10 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mephisto (Post 11833)
Umm, set up 3 completely new servers just to brace themselves for the upcoming traffic from other servers?

Then what happened to the old servers? Merge them with other servers and shorten the names?

There is one theory set in place, I don't know if this could be altered or changed, but that's the mainstream theory thus far. The theory includes:

New servers cannot be chosen as the destination server if you want to move out from your server.

Classic servers don't allow players to move in, but it's permitted to get out.

Every player will ONLY be given one chance per half year to pay and pull stakes from the original server, and the previous two laws are still in effect.

---

That's what I've got so far, it's not finalized yet, maybe the agreement on how this will work will be reached, I'll let you guys know how it works.

Man, seriously, try and push for a few completely new euro servers, for us euro players to simply move straight too as when many of us started, there was not a choice to be in a euro server.. And from the sounds of it, to move to any other server, we will lose nobility, which is a kick in the balls when you have a high nobility!

Basically the servers I'm suggesting, open on the day of server transfer, which gives no unfair advantage, as it will instantly be filled with European players moving server..

2011-05-10 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Matt~ (Post 11835)
Man, seriously, try and push for a few completely new euro servers, for us euro players to simply move straight too as when many of us started, there was not a choice to be in a euro server.. And from the sounds of it, to move to any other server, we will lose nobility, which is a kick in the balls when you have a high nobility!

Basically the servers I'm suggesting, open on the day of server transfer, which gives no unfair advantage, as it will instantly be filled with European players moving server..

You got a point, I'll suggest it to my higher up tomorrow when I'm doing my weekly report.

Off topic, the forum is not as active as expected and the suggestions are not as many as that in the CO forum, where Hemp is in charge. =/

Is there something I did wrong? :eek:

2011-05-10 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mephisto (Post 11837)

Is there something I did wrong? :eek:

No, not at all, With regular forums, suggestions get suggested time and time again, and can be accessed by everyone, where here is a lot smaller community as well, you have to be a db buyer to access these forums..

and it may be down to the fact not all that many people know too much about these forums.. heck, even the regular forums have taken a sharp decline in active members from where i see.. the chit-chat section for server specific used to receive tons of new threads a day, now i see it, lucky to get a new thread a week for snowwhite

2011-05-10 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Matt~ (Post 11840)
No, not at all, With regular forums, suggestions get suggested time and time again, and can be accessed by everyone, where here is a lot smaller community as well, you have to be a db buyer to access these forums..

and it may be down to the fact not all that many people know too much about these forums.. heck, even the regular forums have taken a sharp decline in active members from where i see.. the chit-chat section for server specific used to receive tons of new threads a day, now i see it, lucky to get a new thread a week for snowwhite

Umm, guess I'll have to get myself together and brace myself for another big event on the forum then.

I need to think what kind of event is doable. Other than giving up dragon balls, something like that, oh wait, do you guys have twitter accounts? and how often do you guys update the twitter or facebook?

2011-05-10 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mephisto (Post 11842)
Umm, guess I'll have to get myself together and brace myself for another big event on the forum then.

I need to think what kind of event is doable. Other than giving up dragon balls, something like that, oh wait, do you guys have twitter accounts? and how often do you guys update the twitter or facebook?

I personally don't have twitter, although, it is popular.. facebook is about my limit of social networking.. lol..
There is loads of events that are possible.. think (bound) items that have uses.. i'd just stress not to do events too often, or people will expect more and more, and when you don't do one, there will be complaints!

2011-05-10 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Matt~ (Post 11845)
I personally don't have twitter, although, it is popular.. facebook is about my limit of social networking.. lol..
There is loads of events that are possible.. think (bound) items that have uses.. i'd just stress not to do events too often, or people will expect more and more, and when you don't do one, there will be complaints!

Haha, we're talking ideas in the wrong thread.

Nada will meet the needs of the greedy. ;) Perhaps do it regularly, and form a loop of it. xD

2011-05-10 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mephisto (Post 11847)
Haha, we're talking ideas in the wrong thread.

Nada will meet the needs of the greedy. ;) Perhaps do it regularly, and form a loop of it. xD

in the suggestion forum, open a thread of what forum events people would like to see.. that will give you a good idea what to do next :P

2011-05-11 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mephisto (Post 11842)
Umm, guess I'll have to get myself together and brace myself for another big event on the forum then.

I need to think what kind of event is doable. Other than giving up dragon balls, something like that, oh wait, do you guys have twitter accounts? and how often do you guys update the twitter or facebook?

try to promote peoples by pop ups window in the co client when they log into the game and tell them that here is a better place to suggest sumthing to the game koz in this forum we have a GM that listen ^^

example... whisper window like merchant accounts have, or better looking pop up window to make ppls interested to read it


and no i dont have twitter and i dont like to use Facebook for the games i play...

2011-05-20 08:56 PM

Yes allow server transfers. I joined Elements Dark server because of a friend who does not even play right now and found out it is not an American server. The ratio of people that message me in english to other languages is very low. I would love to be able to switch to a server where it would be easier to talk to other players.

But if this is done all gears, nobility, guild, and clan should follow player who owns them. Reason we have spent a lot of money on this and having to leave it all behind would be pointless. So please allow this to follow us.

2011-05-20 09:08 PM

I think transfers should be allowed to happen. I am trapped inside of a egypt server which is far away from home. I would love to transfer to a USA server to cut lag down and boost playing efficienty.

2011-05-20 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by User457487605 (Post 12992)
I think transfers should be allowed to happen. I am trapped inside of a egypt server which is far away from home. I would love to transfer to a USA server to cut lag down and boost playing efficienty.

I'm sorry, what server isn't filled with Egyptians? Besides Classic and maybe Euro ones.

2011-05-20 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Khev (Post 12996)
I'm sorry, what server isn't filled with Egyptians? Besides Classic and maybe Euro ones.

Lol, we are in a Euro server and it has all egyptions lol. Dark is Euro

2011-05-21 12:55 AM

ALL servers are overrun with Egyptions.. there is simply no escape

2011-05-21 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Matt~ (Post 13015)
ALL servers are overrun with Egyptions.. there is simply no escape

But perhaps there is one somewhere that has a lot of english speaking people. :confused:

2011-05-21 02:23 AM

server transfer sound good but as i will need to go to a european one will there end up being anyone on the server i go to that i can understand as all egy's will be going to euro servers aswell cant there be a quiz before you hop so i can join a server that has majority english speaking fed up with being whispered in chicken scratch sat thinking WTF ARE YOU SAYING then typing bk asking for it in english and getting kosmak as a reply o.O kind of annoying.
Also they dont understand the aspect of NO get random trades of mets and stuff in market its like no i dont want your met trade request recieved again tell them **** off dont want your goddam met leave me alone after about six attempts they finally get the point.
then gotta go through it all again with another one :S lol and i have heard alot of people complain about it.
yet still nothing is done.
but server transfer yes as long as i end up on a majority english speaking server.

2011-05-21 05:57 AM

I really don't want this because people would be leaving and joining so often. You'd never have a good community. The thing I like about Conquer is that I'll see the same people there for years! And I actually get to remember and know everybody. If they make it able to move servers this will all be ruined, and I mainly like Conquer because of the community...

2011-05-21 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JaththeGod (Post 13037)
I really don't want this because people would be leaving and joining so often. You'd never have a good community. The thing I like about Conquer is that I'll see the same people there for years! And I actually get to remember and know everybody. If they make it able to move servers this will all be ruined, and I mainly like Conquer because of the community...

Thats why a limit on how long before another server change would be allowed was brought up. This gives people the chance to try a server and if they do not like they can leave after a decent ammount of playing in it.

2011-05-21 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 91User169603 (Post 13031)
server transfer sound good but as i will need to go to a european one will there end up being anyone on the server i go to that i can understand as all egy's will be going to euro servers aswell cant there be a quiz before you hop so i can join a server that has majority english speaking fed up with being whispered in chicken scratch sat thinking WTF ARE YOU SAYING then typing bk asking for it in english and getting kosmak as a reply o.O kind of annoying.
Also they dont understand the aspect of NO get random trades of mets and stuff in market its like no i dont want your met trade request recieved again tell them **** off dont want your goddam met leave me alone after about six attempts they finally get the point.
then gotta go through it all again with another one :S lol and i have heard alot of people complain about it.
yet still nothing is done.
but server transfer yes as long as i end up on a majority english speaking server.

Lets hope that they open a few arabic servers on this client so the egyptions have somewhere to go.

2011-05-21 02:17 PM

i agree that people should be able to switch servers if they want..... but as always the strong people will abuse it by going on weaker server just to b in control.... the donation part i don't agree with i think that if u should switch server your donation will b restarted to 0 to keep balance give everybody a chance.

2011-05-21 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Matt~ (Post 13054)
Lets hope that they open a few arabic servers on this client so the egyptions have somewhere to go.

egys will never leave you guys, there having the time of there lives messing stuff up.

2011-05-21 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~^A_Stray_Bullet^~ (Post 13063)
i agree that people should be able to switch servers if they want..... but as always the strong people will abuse it by going on weaker server just to b in control.... the donation part i don't agree with i think that if u should switch server your donation will b restarted to 0 to keep balance give everybody a chance.

Again, this isnt fair for europeans that played this game before there was ever european servers.

2011-05-21 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Matt~ (Post 13054)
Lets hope that they open a few arabic servers on this client so the egyptions have somewhere to go.

The only reason i could come up with, as far as Egyptians on US servers go, is the fact that there IS a language barrier... they can cuss us, treat us like dog crap, and even scam us easier because of it. And pretty much get away with it. I doubt they will ever leave any US or EU servers. A lot of us are just too easy. lol

2011-05-22 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~^A_Stray_Bullet^~ (Post 13063)
i agree that people should be able to switch servers if they want..... but as always the strong people will abuse it by going on weaker server just to b in control.... the donation part i don't agree with i think that if u should switch server your donation will b restarted to 0 to keep balance give everybody a chance.

See this is where I must disagree through. I am currently a baron and most of my donation was done with either a- silver bought with cps or b- cps and to have me lose all this money (real life money) I have spent into the game for my donation of nobility that would be terrible. :(

2011-05-22 01:43 AM

One big yes with my both hands for this!

2011-05-22 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TR3x (Post 11640)
I started playing CO a bit ago when there were no european servers. Would be amazing if i could finally change to a european server. Acutally that is something we asked for when the european servers were released.
Really sucks to get up at 2 am on sundays to take part at Team PK tourny or at 5:30 to do clan war...

I think it would also be great to get Arabic servers. Just cant deal with that language and i hate to be spammed with words i cant even identify.
So probably set up servers for each continent...

Guess what . Arabs have their own version of conquer. just dont like to play there, i think .You maybe will be surprised but it is from TQ not some private server. you can find it here: http://qahr.91.com/index/. In the rest :No Comment.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:55 AM.