Forums

Forums (http://vipclub.99.com/index.php)
-   VIP Polling Booth (http://vipclub.99.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Jumping show skill??? (http://vipclub.99.com/showthread.php?t=407)

2011-03-30 08:25 AM

Jumping show skill???

Ok I do not know how others feel, but to me jumping is not very skillful or powerful at all in combat.

In my server just about everyone you fight in the arena is jumping all over the screen shooting you with skills that can be done from a distance.

To me this constant jumping shows that someone is scared of the hand to hand combat and instead does whatever it takes to avoid the confrontation by jumping all over and not fighting very fair.

So I decided to ask in a poll what others think since it is the most popular thing to do from what I have seen.

2011-03-30 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tommit (Post 6686)
Ok I do not know how others fell but to me jumping is not very skillful or powerful at all.

In my server just about everyone you fight in the arena is jumping all over the screen shooting you with skills that can be done from a distance.

To me this constant jumping shows that someone is scared of the hand to hand combat and instead does whatever it takes to avoid the confrontation by jumping all over and not fighting very fair.

So I decided to ask in a poll what others think since it is the most popular thing to do from what I have seen.

I jump all over the screen but I'm also the best fber on my server. It's sort of like rapping, you can't JUST rap fast or rap slow you have to be able to do both and know when to do which. Someone who jumps long distance non stop = dead before they hit the ground via fb. Someone who jumps short distances = dead by herc. So the answer to your thread is 6.

2011-03-30 10:22 PM

I must jump 90 pct that noob crap ur talking about 1 hits me lolz

and since when do people care about how skilled something is... I mean really even if you did this would just make life easier for hercen nubs and tfbers and im not about to do that no I like it when the only way a 300 bp tro can kill me is pzap or a ninjas only defense vs me is ck.... so no to this preposterous idea

2011-03-31 12:04 AM

So basically you want everyone to just hold still and beat on each other? How does that show any skill at all?

Enter Arena

Left click on enemy

Pot and maybe right click sometimes

Tons of skill there...being able to jump around dodging attacks while hitting with your own attacks does take skill.

2011-03-31 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mortar4you2 (Post 6827)
So basically you want everyone to just hold still and beat on each other? How does that show any skill at all?

Enter Arena

Left click on enemy

Pot and maybe right click sometimes

Tons of skill there...being able to jump around dodging attacks while hitting with your own attacks does take skill.

especially with the awful AOE's from hell and passive skills that Hit n e where on screen that do I duno about 1/3 of my hp when my offensive capability only allows me to hit about 200 points back which isn't enough to make up for the difference >.<

2011-03-31 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tommit (Post 6686)
Ok I do not know how others feel, but to me jumping is not very skillful or powerful at all in combat.

lol yea................. I think we are all a bit confused on what you mean by 'jumping'. Strategic warfare, (pvp in game), indicates jumping is one of the key ingredients to successful skill. A way to avoid hits and do a successful counter hit. So please tell us what you mean by jumping? :P

2011-03-31 01:41 AM

How about if they make it a ring , like a boxing ring then it isn't a hop all over the arena deal, I too think they are running and not skilled , there is a difference Some people hop away to get stamina others run like chickens! Its an arena you are there to fight not race. A finite line would be a good solution I think

2011-03-31 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kittyk (Post 6867)
How about if they make it a ring , like a boxing ring then it isn't a hop all over the arena deal, I too think they are running and not skilled , there is a difference Some people hop away to get stamina others run like chickens! Its an arena you are there to fight not race. A finite line would be a good solution I think

yeah a ring good idea

HERC oh w8 theres that bs
OR vortex
OR foh
OR ect ect ect..... Jumping is a skill when every melee attack 1 hits you ....

2011-03-31 12:57 PM

No, just shows how efficient you are at not getting hit.

2011-03-31 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kittyk (Post 6867)

lol I would so PWN in something like that lol